General Yuzuru Chat

Just now, kirapooh said:

Does anyone know if there's gonna be a online stream for gala?

yes it will be broadcasted in various media like NBC, CBC, TBS, etc.. you can find the links in our olympic stream party threads, or just ask a bit before gala start on the thread and ppl will send the stream that works for them :biggrin:

1 hour ago, Eclair said:

lol then maybe the issue is my doctor. Whenever I went to him because of flu symptoms, it's like: as long it's nothing bacterial but only viral, there is nothing I can do about it. Just drink a lot and keep warm. 

But then I again, we have here pretty strict regulations to prevent resistances developing ..

Also for @Sombreuil, cause you two were the one discussing this. Everyone else will probably find it boring. ><

Spoiler

Sorry poking my head in on this. Final year med student here. Depends on the virus. Some viruses, like for the common cold, gastroenteritis etc we don't have antivirals for. Like you said just staying hydrated is the main thing and symptomatic relief with fever meds etc. But some viruses, like the actual flu /influenza, has antivirals (eg tamiflu for the flu) that are effective if given within 48 hours of onset and helps to shorten the duration and ease the symptoms. The thing with RAF is them probably asking him to get a flu vaccine shot as prophylaxis since he's the one in closest contact with Nathen.

But absolutely right, no antibiotics for viruses! But also another possibility is he started out with a viral infection, got a secondary bacterial infection, and got antibiotics for THAT one.

:)