General Yuzuru Chat

I stan the media trolling Yuzu :laughing:

bb making news even during practice 

https://sports.yahoo.com/gold-medalist-figure-skater-yuzuru-hanyu-impressively-bad-speed-skating-041459505.html

Gold medalist figure skater Yuzuru Hanyu is impressively bad at speed skating

Hopefully his valiant attempts at a new experience in PyeongChang didn’t jeopardize his road to full recovery, because a figure skating competition with not Hanyu is not figure skating competition at all. 

17 minutes ago, Pamigena said:

Well he was on the initial list of invitees for the men, wasn't he? So I guess technically they did go with him but he was pulled out later.

yea guess he really is sick, he isn't sighted on official practices even tho he was invited and this list confirms it

14 minutes ago, MrPudding said:

https://sports.yahoo.com/gold-medalist-figure-skater-yuzuru-hanyu-impressively-bad-speed-skating-041459505.html

Hey! don't give him ideas or he's seriously gonna practice this and show his skills on another gala or some ice show :rofl:on a side note:

At 23 years old, Yuzuru Hanyu is the greatest Asian male figure skater of all time

why you write it like that yahoo you wanna admit that he is the GOAT don cha :smiley-laughing021:

on another side note:

He is a two-time Olympic gold medalist, a two-time Japanese national champion and a four-time champion at the Grand Prix Final.

pssh it's 4 time yahoo, 4 time :dry:

18 minutes ago, Forcefield said:

Seems kind of weird to backtrack. But if Nathan really does have a virus, maybe they quietly pulled him out instead. In that case I wish him well.

Haha so Yuzu IS last afterall. After all the hoopla, of course the alien is acknowledged.

Is it weird that the two other men on the podium go before Ge and Jin?

Its the same with last year worlds gala too. Shoma and Boyang was in 1st half while Javi and PChan  in 2nd half. I think only winners are guaranteed for last 4 performances

16 minutes ago, Forcefield said:

Seems kind of weird to backtrack. But if Nathan really does have a virus, maybe they quietly pulled him out instead. In that case I wish him well.

Haha so Yuzu IS last afterall. After all the hoopla, of course the alien is acknowledged.

in that interview with Raf he said, that Nathan is out with a virus right now. It's pretty serous (but not life threatening or anything as I understand), as Raf got called and told to take medication, too (didn't understand that part - what kind of virus requires other people to take medication, too? (except for maybe STD's but I don't think Raf would be in immediate danger if that was the case^^). 

15 minutes ago, Forcefield said:

Honestly, I like Javi as the last of the second half. Gives him the second biggest spotlight after Yuzu, IMO. Him being a great performer probably weighed in the decision, too...

I'm a bit :/ at there being more ice dance and pairs than singles... I get that they wanted to include the Korean athletes, but still... (Then again, it means Valentina/Ondrej are there, so I can't really complain...) Or maybe after Nathan pulled out - if he did - they decided to keep it to just 5 ladies as well, for balance. (They should have invited Adam and Kaori instead :P)

I wonder who will give the thanks from the athletes... Misha might make sense from a multiple languages POV, but otherwise, I guess it should be Yuzu?

34 minutes ago, KatjaThera said:

No Nathan in the gala... Also, no Kaori. Seems they went with just 5 of each, men and ladies...

7 dance teams. I think Nathan may have declined if he's sick?

Edit: I'm late for everything nowadays.:laughing:

Get well soon, Nathan!

15 minutes ago, MrPudding said:

Some people in those comments ruined my mood and need to gtfo, some other balanced it out.

I'm glad the writer noticed this too:

While he appears adorably amused with his own ineptitude

6 minutes ago, Eclair said:

in that interview with Raf he said, that Nathan is out with a virus right now. It's pretty serous (but not life threatening or anything as I understand), as Raf got called and told to take medication, too (didn't understand that part - what kind of virus requires other people to take medication, too? (except for maybe STD's but I don't think Raf would be in immediate danger if that was the case^^). 

If Nathan is now showing symptoms, he's probably been sick for a while already without knowing it and could have infected others. Maybe they just told Raf to take something to catch it in time in case he got infected. Coaches do get close to their students and their, eh... belongings *points at piles of tissues* (there were some pretty nasty strains of the cold and the flu going around this winter season. No fun at all and those can take you out for a while.)

11 minutes ago, KatjaThera said:

I wonder who will give the thanks from the athletes... Misha might make sense from a multiple languages POV, but otherwise, I guess it should be Yuzu?

call me crazy, but I think he might just happily decline the chance to speak more English in front of a huge crowd :laughing:

Just now, Pamigena said:

call me crazy, but I think he might just happily decline the chance to speak more English in front of a huge crowd :laughing:

LOL it would be adorable, though :P But yes, I guess Virtue/Moir or Misha or maybe even Javi could do it. I have no idea if there's any criteria for this... I remember I was surprised Patrick did it in Sochi, when I saw that, because it seemed random, but then I assumed it was because he did it in English and French. I have no actual idea, though...

6 minutes ago, Pamigena said:

If Nathan is now showing symptoms, he's probably been sick for a while already without knowing it and could have infected others. Maybe they just told Raf to take something to catch it in time in case he got infected. Coaches do get close to their students and their, eh... belongings *points at piles of tissues* (there were some pretty nasty strains of the cold and the flu going around this winter season. No fun at all and those can take you out for a while.)

yeah but never heard of doing that for regular flu viruses - quite the opposite, if you have the flu and it's due to a virus, you usually get told that there is only home remedies you can try, but no antibiotics or such. same goes for noro virus. but maybe Raf didn't mean virus when he said virus, but actually meant infection?

27 minutes ago, MrPudding said:

I think that's not entirely fair. He was by far the fastest, but I'm not sure figure skating skates are supposed to be used like that, at that speed (don't speed skaters have different types of skates?) So with proper equipment, against the others, in proper equipment, I'm pretty sure he'd win easily :P