General Yuzuru Chat

3 hours ago, Fresca said:

It starts with a rushing entry done to the drum roll into his layback Ina Bauer right at the crescendo of the music. I think choreographically this must be my favorite Ina Bauer from any of his programs.

I like that one but I like the one from Phantom even better.  Particularly at the 2014  GPF he entered into it with a sustained note from the orchestra and right after he'd taken a tumble while  attempting a triple lutz.  What it did for those watching it was let everyone know that the fall had not derailed him.  The timing was perfect and he finished the skate triumphantly with a near free skate record and a win of the GPF (remember, this was the season of the collision) by more than 30 points.   Yuzu salvaged the season with that skate and the Ina Bauer could not have been better placed to make the point.

3 hours ago, Fresca said:

It starts with a rushing entry done to the drum roll into his layback Ina Bauer right at the crescendo of the music. I think choreographically this must be my favorite Ina Bauer from any of his programs.

I like that one but I like the one from Phantom even better.  Particularly at the 2014  GPF he entered into it with a sustained note from the orchestra and right after he'd taken a tumble while  attempting a triple lutz.  What it did for those watching it was let everyone know that the fall had not derailed him.  The timing was perfect and he finished the skate triumphantly with a near free skate record and a win of the GPF (remember, this was the season of the collision) by more than 30 points.   Yuzu salvaged the season with that skate and the Ina Bauer could not have been better placed to make the point.