General Yuzuru Chat

35 minutes ago, GreatLakesGal said:

I found it interesting that Plushenko dissed the current Russian men. Or does he always do that? 

:shrug: Seems like the dialogue around the Russian men is similar to the complaints about the American women. In each case, their countrymen want them to be performing better, and seem to take it personally when they don’t. I doubt it helps the skaters improve.

If he does an encore, I might be all by my lonesome but I don't care :smiley-dance018:

I want a revenge step sequence for Sochi from R&J2!

His most underrated step sequence IMO. He was always too tired by this point to do it justice. He has a lot of other amazing ones but I don't think he has any that make as much use of his articulation in the upper body as this one. It starts with a rushing entry done to the drum roll into his layback Ina Bauer right at the crescendo of the music. I think choreographically this must be my favorite Ina Bauer from any of his programs. Then look how much variety in his positions DW choreographed for him not just in his arms and legs but in the rise and fall, contraction and expansion in his upper body, all to match the music. The choreography has him upright during the higher notes and lower to the ice or bent over during the lower notes with emphasis on positions done to the bass drum. And everything is executed with Yuzu's signature sensitivity to the music. There's so much texture in the weight of his movements. He floats along the ice when the percussion is light and shimmery then adds firmness or richness like his body is moving through molasses when the percussion is heavy.

A very unlikely encore but hope springs eternal! I won't be disappointed by anything he gives us anyway! I'm just happy he's skating!

9 hours ago, ralucutzagy said:

:tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw::tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw: They are sooooo pretty!!! :tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw::tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw:

The Korean media must be having a field day with these two

29 minutes ago, beki said:

:shrug: Seems like the dialogue around the Russian men is similar to the complaints about the American women. In each case, their countrymen want them to be performing better, and seem to take it personally when they don’t. I doubt it helps the skaters improve.

No it doesn't... actually I think it smacks of throwing them under the bus and making them more likely to leave :knc_brian3:

12 hours ago, Killaa said:

No worries, I think he wants to be 5times champion so that he can pose with five fingers gesture with his medal

11 hours ago, GoldMedalist said:

And he is going to win both, and then he is going to win nationals and 4CC :darklordyuzu:

Yuzu pls break the curse of 5:animated-smileys-hands-fingers-01: 5th gpf, 5th national... 5th year of ranking...