General Yuzuru Chat

8 minutes ago, Hydroblade said:

It's your timezone :biggrin:, all the events on the calendar are on your own timezone, our forum software is so awesome it converts between timezones automatically:tumblr_inline_ncmif5EcBB1rpglid:

:tumblr_inline_ncmiffG34Z1rpglid:so its on Saturday for me! omg thank you and that is seriously cool 

:10815002:

Edit: Just a weee-bit confused. Every else it says its supposed to be on Sunday... 

3 minutes ago, OonsieHui said:

https://chajunhwanie.tumblr.com/post/170956255968/im-like-their-father-brian-orser-watching-his

PAPA ORSER WATCHING HIS SONS! :embSwan:

also.... HAVE WE NOT GOTTEN ANY FANCAMS OF JAVI/YUZU DOING STROKING PRACTICE TOGETHER?????

we really need a coach cam...

1 minute ago, MrPudding said:

the forbidden pickle mountains? :smiley-laughing021:

Right by the paprika fields

35 minutes ago, dorkyiceprince said:

:tumblr_inline_ncmiffG34Z1rpglid:so its on Saturday for me! omg thank you and that is seriously cool 

:10815002:

Edit: Just a weee-bit confused. Every else it says its supposed to be on Sunday... 

31 minutes ago, ralucutzagy said:

Saturday, 2.30 am for me ... :13877886: ... well, what is sleep when Yuzu is there and doing the Swan and stuff ... :10636614:

1 minute ago, KatjaThera said:

I think there is a mistake here... it should be Sunday, Feb 25th, 9:30am KST, but this shows it as Saturday.

For reference: http://www.isuresults.com/schedules/OWG2018_ColouredTimeSchedule.pdf

Just fixed it!

[oh dear i have an appointment that day and that hour... i'll have to leave early...]

4 minutes ago, Hydroblade said:

Just fixed it!

[oh dear i have an appointment that day and that hour... i'll have to leave early...]

and yet another sleepless night... NBC :gaah: (maybe they could re-deem themselves and stream the gala practices >_>)

12 minutes ago, Hydroblade said:

we really need a coach cam...

Right by the paprika fields

We should really invest on this cam :smiley-scared005:  some coach will be utterly adorable and then there are those who are stone faced like Eteri  :tumblr_inline_mg16fmfM3E1qdlkyg:  then I won't know which to watch when Denis is skating cause Stephane is :tumblr_inline_mg16go8gBg1qdlkyg:

15 minutes ago, freeyafanfan said:

We should really invest on this cam :smiley-scared005:  some coach will be utterly adorable and then there are those who are stone faced like Eteri  :tumblr_inline_mg16fmfM3E1qdlkyg:  then I won't know which to watch when Denis is skating cause Stephane is :tumblr_inline_mg16go8gBg1qdlkyg:

If yuzu becomes a coach one day 10/10 I'll be watching him instead of his student tho :smiley-laughing021::animated-smileys-hands-fingers-01:

Am I reading too much into it?  It seems to me that Yuzu now and in the past has been shepherding Shoma when it comes to public ceremonies or media conferences.  While I know no Japanese and so can't go on what is being said, watching Shoma's body language makes me feel that he is quite shy and only on the ice does he open up and that's during his performances.  I remember an early incident when in a photo-op Yuzu reached behind Shoma and pinched Shoma's cheek to make him smile.  And then there's the now infamous scene of the World Champion on hands and knees and so out of sight, crawling behind the World Silver Medalist in order not to distract the reporters who should be concentrating on Shoma.  A number of other incidents over the years have me thinking that Yuzu has taken pains to help Shoma deal with highly 'public' occasions.  Yuzu, of course, is now an old hand with dealing with the media, but even in his early days he handled things skillfully, particularly when Japanese was the operative language.  I think, in fact, he's quite a bit more outgoing and certainly willing to express emotion (jumping up and down when winning, crying when REALLY winning).  I think Yuzu feels a bit protective towards Shoma, acting like an older brother.  Of course, I could be imagining all this.