General Yuzuru Chat

53 minutes ago, robin said:

I did sense something was wrong with his jumps (not just his 3A landings were forward and unsteady, most of his landings were) but I tried really hard to repress any thought that Yuzu is fooling us once more...

His landings are sometimes a bit shaky in practice even when he is totally  healthy so I was okay with it. It was his smile that led me to believe he wasn't truly happy. Actually I was thinking there was something wrong with him/ his injury but I really didn't expect him to take strong painkillers to skate ( even just to smile ) .That was far beyone what I could imagine considering media reported he looked sharp and his coach insisted he would be 100% at Olys. I  was really shocked when I knew he was smiling through the painkillers. 

4 hours ago, Floria said:

DON'T SHOW THIS TO YUZU 

Omg that looks terrifying on paper. Ngl I’d be pretty sad if Yuzu didn’t land it first since I’ve always associated 4A and even 3A with him and it would be another thing for the record books.

That being said I’m pretty happy that Artur is back! I remember in early senior years when he was one of Yuzu’s direct rivals and I believe he won bronze at Worlds the year before Yuzu? he also said sth salty about Yuzu but I’ll forgive him he was probably just feeling competitive and in a sense I feel like Yuzu is who he could’ve also been had it not been for several issues.

iirc there was a time when he was thought to be the next Plushenko but suddenly he dropped and went out of competition for a while and I read that he went through some tough times with mental health etc so I’m happy that he’s back :clap:

4 minutes ago, teeannroo said:

Omg that looks terrifying on paper. Ngl I’d be pretty sad if Yuzu didn’t land it first since I’ve always associated 4A and even 3A with him and it would be another thing for the record books.

That being said I’m pretty happy that Arthur is back! I remember in early senior years when he was one of Yuzu’s direct rivals and I believe he won bronze at Worlds the year before Yuzu? he also said sth salty about Yuzu but I’ll forgive him he was probably just feeling competitive and in a sense I feel like Yuzu is who he could’ve also been had it not been for several issues.

iirc there was a time when he was thought to be the next Plushenko but suddenly he dropped and went out of competition for a while and I read that he went through some tough times with mental health etc so I’m happy that he’s back :clap:

I think the one you are talking about is Arthur Gachinski (2011 bronze medalist)

1 minute ago, kaerb said:

!!! maybe our last time seeing him this season sobsss. hope that anything taxing on his ankle is BANNED FOR LIFE for the gala though

Watching him just glide on the ice would be pretty amazing so i have high hopes that he can attend. I mean, is not like he has to have his ankle immobilized, guy can walk and glide just fine.

5 minutes ago, teeannroo said:

That being said I’m pretty happy that Artur is back! I remember in early senior years when he was one of Yuzu’s direct rivals and I believe he won bronze at Worlds the year before Yuzu? he also said sth salty about Yuzu but I’ll forgive him he was probably just feeling competitive and in a sense I feel like Yuzu is who he could’ve also been had it not been for several issues.

You’re thinking about another Artur - Gachinsky. Not Dmitriev. 

1 minute ago, Hanmgse said:

I think the one you are talking about is Arthur Gachinski (2011 bronze medalist)

Oh whoops haha. My bad. That being said, is Gachinsky officially back in competition? I definitely read that recently he did a minor comp 

Just now, xeyra said:

I think people are using hindsight a bit too much in interpreting his smile during practices. Maybe he was just happy to be back in the ice, pain or not. Not everything has to be doom and gloom. 

I think he was really happy about it too, he was back on the ice, practicing for his dream competition and trusting that his body would hold up long enough to try and get his dream. Maybe he did feel gloomy at times but i think he was mostly happy to be back. You can't fake that "tadaima"