General Yuzuru Chat

22 minutes ago, Floria said:

OT Confirmed, Javi doesn't go to Worlds. So it is Yuzu's turn to decide. I sincerely hope he will not wait until the first day of practice.

I mean it was pretty much certain already but I’m still sad :sadPooh:

I don’t want to see Yuzu in Milan because I want him to recover but I would’ve loved to see Javi

3 minutes ago, robin said:

You're right. But I think alot of us who are worried about how reckless he is sometimes are not saying we don't understand his decision to skate despite injury for his second OGM. I get why it is worth it, and I am glad he was able to fulfill his dream. I am not in a place to criticize him for it, no one really is... but I am still worried. Wouldn't it be so much better if he didn't have to pay a price like this, at all? :13877886:LOL

Believe me, there is nothing I wish more than for him to find a way around that sacrifice and I pray he stays safe. I am just saying that if he ever visited this place, wouldn't he feel better knowing that his fans respect his choices and don't think of him as a child who can't decide what is best for him (not saying that is what happened here, just that sometimes we do go too far and I am as guilty as anyone else).

23 minutes ago, Floria said:

OT Confirmed, Javi doesn't go to Worlds. So it is Yuzu's turn to decide. I sincerely hope he will not wait until the first day of practice.

I'm sure he won't, but... sad about Javi... where did he confirm? And why so quickly, he said he'd think about it >_<

16 minutes ago, Xen said:

Did this over in the Men's thread for the Olys I think. What is amusing is if you check through the male gold medalists throughout recent history, starting from Karl Schafer, men's generally only got their first Olys gold at their 2nd Olys attempt. The exceptions to that have been Dick Button, Ilia Kulik and Yuzu. With Dick Button I'm not sure how many senior seasons he had, since I'm not sure how the system worked then, plus the impact of WWII. But for Ilia Kulik and Yuzu both, they were in their 4th season in seniors in their first Olys. If this pattern holds, and exists for reasons such as stamina, ability to handle nerves or maturity in general, regardless of technical upgrades, then it was most likely that none of the quadsters could have beat Yuzu this time based on that pattern. The closest threat would have been Shoma, because the other threat was Boyang (and not likely to have the PCS for it). 

Yeah i know u must be really young like button and hanyu to be able to repeat the ogm. So im pretty sure u have to wait for next next gen (after shoma/nat/boyang) for that phenom. Young quadsters this gen alr missed their (only) chance to make history. 

11 minutes ago, wpisces said:

I have to admit that I didn't see him being okay at all even when he was seemingly cheerful and happy on practice days :facepalm::facepalm: I noticed the way he smiled on these days and the way he smiles everytime he loses ( 4cc 2017, cor 2017,  aci 2017...) are exactly the same. He was smiling to not worry us. I can always tell when he's truly happy and when he just pretends to be happy. And everytime he smiles like that, I'm even more worried. Just because it was said that his ankle had been fine, I forced myself to believe it. Even when he won and I was happy like hell but feelings of anxiety that I couldn't explain didn't go away. And when the truth was revealed :slinkaway: 

I had the exact same experience to the point that i thought that i was gonna lose my damn mind in those few hours before the sp.Everyone was like  'no matter what happens look how happy he is,he's smiling and he's so relaxed,just glad that he can skate etc'  while every time i saw a new pic/footage my heart sank and my anxiety was only growing and growing bc his attitude seemed so uncanny to me,all that OTT ~happiness~ really looked like he was trying to overcompensate for something and that 'something' could've been only one thing given his situation.I had to force myself not to voice my worries bc i didn't want to bring out negativity,but,yeah,those days/hours leading to the sp were some of the toughest of my life bc to me he just wasn't ok at all.And imo he also looked so worn out and tense after the sp that by the time the fs came i was completely numb bc my anxiety was off the charts and my mind was probably trying to protect me from myself.I have to say that after the sp(fantastic as it was!) i saw a bigger number of ppl(not here) low-key being increasingly worried,i think several ppl sensed that smth was wrong even if they couldn't really put their finger on what that was.My surprise when the truth was finally revealed was therefore minimal :facepalm:

Being a fanyu is not for the weak of heart...

2 hours ago, Floria said:

Actually  Dmitriev isn't young, I think he is older than Yuzu.

Someone did this artwork after WC2017. Sorry, don't know the source

Hide contents

4l0zzCL.jpg

I want a movie about Yuzu. Or better, an HBO tv series. But they won't make it because Yuzu has no love life and there needs to be love story subplot in a tv series. 

Hi guys, I need your advice. I am not sure whether I should post it here or elsewhere. 

I've got tickets for Worlds but if Yuzu doesn't go, I am going to cancel my FP and Gala tickets. 

How long should I wait for the confirmation? or Could we deduce now that he's not going for sure? 

will you please kindly PM me your opinion so that I wouldn't disrupt the forum. 

Thanks,

Thiri

1 hour ago, Neenah said:

Also, do not take anything he says now too seriously since he was in an emotional high and now deflated so don't expect him to give any real thought to questions about the future when he is still currently processing the past and present

Plus he was doped up all to hell in painkillers; he was likely loopy anyway. :13877886:

21 minutes ago, wildstrawberry said:

I had the exact same experience to the point that i thought that i was gonna lose my damn mind in those few hours before the sp.Everyone was like  'no matter what happens look how happy he is,he's smiling and he's so relaxed,just glad that he can skate etc'  while every time i saw a new pic/footage my heart sank and my anxiety was only growing and growing bc his attitude seemed so uncanny to me,all that OTT ~happiness~ really looked like he was trying to overcompensate for something and that 'something' could've been only one thing given his situation.I had to force myself not to voice my worries bc i didn't want to bring out negativity,but,yeah,those days/hours leading to the sp were some of the toughest of my life bc to me he just wasn't ok at all.And imo he also looked so worn out and tense after the sp that by the time the fs came i was completely numb bc my anxiety was off the charts and my mind was probably trying to protect me from myself.I have to say that after the sp(fantastic as it was!) i saw a bigger number of ppl(not here) low-key being increasingly worried,i think several ppl sensed that smth was wrong even if they couldn't really put their finger on what that was.My surprise when the truth was finally revealed was therefore minimal :facepalm:

Being a fanyu is not for the weak of heart...

I did sense something was wrong with his jumps (not just his 3A landings were forward and unsteady, most of his landings were) but I tried really hard to repress any thought that Yuzu is fooling us once more...

4 hours ago, YH7892 said:

Is there any available translation of this vid? Or anyone who have a heart of Gold that is willing to translate/sub this? Onegaishimasu 😭😭😭

Rough summary, not word for word and don't have time to check every single kanji/grammatical point so I'm sorry if there are any things that are inaccurate (open to being corrected). But I'm very grateful to Tsuzuki-sensei - lucky of Yuzu to be raised by a teacher with such a far-reaching vision and with such strong fundamentals. 

• Tsuzuki was 'the parent who raised 'Skater Hanyu' - Yuzu started training with him since Year 2 in Primary School for 10yrs 
  • Yuzu as a child: hated losing, was a little boy so couldn't really stand training for a long time but was able to concentrate in a short amount of time and always surpass himself
  • Since young, Yuzuru had been saying he wanted the gold medal so it wasn't exactly a surprise to him that Yuzu got gold
  • At 16yrs old after the 3/11 disaster, in April, Yuzu's father (I think?) contacted Tsuzuki-sensei and asked if Yuzu could practise a little at the old rink in Yokohama
  • Tsuzuki-sensei says at the time, it would be strange to say Yuzu had no life/energy to him but looking at him, it was uncertain if he could/would continue skating - Yuzu has said before that he had been worried about the fact that so many people were suffering and whether it was okay for him to continue skating
  • But because of the cooperation and backup provided by the other team JP skaters during the charity/fundraising ice shows, Yuzuru was able to once again 'return' to skating life

• Yuzu at presscon said he wanted to make the 4A - his childhood dream - not a dream but a goal. Tsuzuki-sensei told him when he was a child that the axel is the 'king of jumps' and so he wants to aim for it. Yuzu loves the words 'first in history' lol.
  • Tsuzuki-sensei felt the quad era was coming so from the basic foundational stages, he trained Yuzu's body and mind with quads as the end goal (or quads in mind), consistently/constantly saying things to Yuzu like 'let's become able to do all the different types of quad jumps'.
  • He was very happy and thankful to hear Yuzu say with his own words 'I want to do a 4A' at the presscon because he realised the words he said to Yuzu from the childhood remained in Yuzu's heart 
  • Believes Yuzu now has an image of the 4A in mind
  • Believes if Yuzu lands the 4A, the doors/path to quintuples will open
  • Kanako says she's met Tsuzuki sensei before and he seemed to be a very comprehensive coach in her impression
  • Tsuzuki sensei said to Yuzu in August 2017 that he wanted Yuzu to take the role of a producer in the future (for FS) and Yuzu replied 'sensei, please wait 3 years'. 
15 minutes ago, ThiriYuzu said:

Hi guys, I need your advice. I am not sure whether I should post it here or elsewhere. 

I've got tickets for Worlds but if Yuzu doesn't go, I am going to cancel my FP and Gala tickets. 

How long should I wait for the confirmation? or Could we deduce now that he's not going for sure? 

will you please kindly PM me your opinion so that I wouldn't disrupt the forum. 

Thanks,

Thiri

There’s more people in your situation discussing it here :tumblr_inline_ncmifaymmi1rpglid:

(my short answer: He will 99% skip Worlds)