General Yuzuru Chat

13 minutes ago, xeyra said:

I'm pretty sure Yuzu knows who else is trying 4A. He keeps a list. Max Aaron, MCM, Dmitriev, I think Brendan Kerry too? (an Australian, I think). This list he delivers to his Kikuchi-san to do his magic on, like the good warlock he is. And he bides his time.

The Kikuchi part is joking, but I bet Yuzu does watch his competition (as he has revealed many times through observations). Didn't he give some credit to the other skater who did 4lo and wasn't downgraded, yet Yuzu's was the one ratified?

I hope Yuzu won't have completely forgotten his lesson of the 15-16 season. He seems to have moved on from it, judging by how he was going to grit his teeth through NHK if only his ankle had moved. (Almost makes me say, good thing it didn't move.) I am getting scared thinking about the 4A and how he possibly just learned a new lesson here... he can win an OGM on painkillers with a severely injured ankle. What if he gets a similiar verdict from the doctors, like the one before Olys, that his ankle won't heal in time, this time maybe a verdict that says possibly never, and he just decides to sacrifice his ankle again and hold on with painkillers until he lands the 4A.... I do hope he heals properly before he starts training again.

Sigh.... I reckon before the 4A Yuzu will want to fullfill his layout goals from this season first, a perfect 4Lz and a 5 quad-FS. Even though he is satisfied and happy I am pretty sure he feels like he has some unfinished buisness with this season.

1 minute ago, robin said:

I hope Yuzu won't have completely forgotten his lesson of the 15-16 season. He seems to have moved on from it, judging by how he was going to grit his teeth through NHK if only his ankle had moved. (Almost makes me say, good thing it didn't move.) I am getting scared thinking about the 4A and how he possibly just learned a new lesson here... he can win an OGM on painkillers with a severely injured ankle. What if he gets a similiar verdict from the doctors, like the one before Olys, that his ankle won't heal in time, this time maybe a verdict that says possibly never, and he just decides to sacrifice his ankle again and hold on with painkillers until he lands the 4A.... I do hope he heals properly before he starts training again.

Sigh.... I reckon before the 4A Yuzu will want to fullfill his layout goals from this season first, 4Lz and a 5 quad-FS, tho. Even though he is satisfied and happy I am pretty sure he feels like he has some unfinished buisness with this season.

I don't think he's pigheaded enough to think that his slightly unstable ankle can deal with the 4A physically right now. I mean, the 3Lz was difficult. No amount of painkillers will keep his ankle steady under that, it needs to become structurally sound again. If anything, his desire to land the 4A will be motivation to get his ankle completely healed because he needs it to land it. Anyway, his ankle will heal, it'll just take a while longer. He can take a few months to get it healed now, even if (everything crossed that he doesn't) needs surgery to sort it out properly. He can do it in his own time now, instead of ISU's schedule or the Olympic schedule. 

All this nessie talk tho :rofl:I've gone from a bit worried, to super worried, to laughing my butt off reading all you guys' comments :smiley-laughing021:

27 minutes ago, xeyra said:

I'm pretty sure Yuzu knows who else is trying 4A. He keeps a list. Max Aaron, MCM, Dmitriev, I think Brendan Kerry too? (an Australian, I think). This list he delivers to his Kikuchi-san to do his magic on, like the good warlock he is. And he bides his time.

763938716_1241631.gif

Nessie will wait for yuzuru to be fully healthy before it will comply on being landed :smiley-scared005:

9 minutes ago, robin said:

Sigh.... I reckon before the 4A Yuzu will want to fullfill his layout goals from this season first, a perfect 4Lz and a 5 quad-FS. Even though he is satisfied and happy I am pretty sure he feels like he has some unfinished buisness with this season.

We should start bringing a banner with big bold words "YOUR HEALTH IS THE MOST IMPORTANT THING" to competitions with yuzu from now on :rofl:

and put #SAVEBRIAN'SHAIR on the bottom :P

If Yuzuru decided to try for the 4A or skate on an injured ankle, then that is his decision and we shall accept it. Yuzuru is not a child and he is the one who suffered (and still) is from hose severe injuries. He experienced the pain, stress, and frustrations and he knows more than anyone else what the real cost of pushing for his dreams and ambitions is.

I know everyone is worried and only care for his well being but we are sometimes going too far with it and treat him like a child that needs to be protected or told what to do, but he is not. He is a man who is fully capable of making his own decisions and if he thinks something is worth the sacrifice then who are we or anyone else to tell him no. Yuzuru in not the first nor the last person to suffers for his dreams or pay a high price for them but as long as he get satisfaction from achieving them then it is all good, and it is better than living with the regret of not trying at all. I am sure we have all been in a situation similar to this before and can relate to his feelings :)

Also, do not take anything he says now too seriously since he was in an emotional high and now deflated so don't expect him to give any real thought to questions about the future when he is still currently processing the past and present

I have to admit that I didn't see him being okay at all even when he was seemingly cheerful and happy on practice days :facepalm::facepalm: I noticed the way he smiled on these days and the way he smiles everytime he loses ( 4cc 2017, cor 2017,  aci 2017...) are exactly the same. He was smiling to not worry us. I can always tell when he's truly happy and when he just pretends to be happy. And everytime he smiles like that, I'm even more worried. Just because it was said that his ankle had been fine, I forced myself to believe it. Even when he won and I was happy like hell but feelings of anxiety that I couldn't explain didn't go away. And when the truth was revealed :slinkaway: 

3 minutes ago, freeyafanfan said:

All this nessie talk tho :rofl:I've gone from a bit worried, to super worried, to laughing my butt off reading all you guys' comments :smiley-laughing021:

763938716_1241631.gif

Nessie will wait for yuzuru to be fully healthy before it will comply on being landed :smiley-scared005:

We should start bringing a banner with big bold words "YOUR HEALTH IS THE MOST IMPORTANT THING" to competitions with yuzu from now on :rofl:

and put #SAVEBRIAN'SHAIR on the bottom :P

I'm on board with that banner. 

Or since we know now that Yuzu does take some poohs home, we toss some android poohs with AI programming that look attractive enough for him to take home. And then we commence the android poohs operation-each time he tries to get out of bed if there is the slightest hint of injury or sickness, the poohs will "wake up" and hold him down in bed. We have enough people with programming background to pull it off. 

I check Olympic men's figure skating medallists over the year in wiki: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Olympic_medalists_in_figure_skating#Men's_singles

God damn it's A NORM at Dick Button era to win several Olympic titles (before him, the only 1 didn't is Salchow, at the very first (Summer) Oly event with Figure skating in 1908, Winter Oly only started in 1924).

image.jpg

If from near future, there are skaters that can repeat his legacy, then he's THE ONE that opens a new era for FS. Otherwise, he ofc stands singularly as GOAT. Either way, undisputedly LEGEND :darklordyuzu:

5 minutes ago, Neenah said:

If Yuzuru decided to try for the 4A or skate on an injured ankle, then that is his decision and we shall accept it. Yuzuru is not a child and he is the one who suffered (and still) is from hose severe injuries. He experienced the pain, stress, and frustrations and he knows more than anyone else what the real cost of pushing for his dreams and ambitions is.

I know everyone is worried and only care for his well being but we are sometimes going too far with it and treat him like a child that needs to be protected or told what to do, but he is not. He is a man who is fully capable of making his own decisions and if he thinks something is worth the sacrifice then who are we or anyone else to tell him no. Yuzuru in not the first nor the last person to suffers for his dreams or pay a high price for them but as long as he get satisfaction from achieving them then it is all good, and it is better than living with the regret of not trying at all. I am sure we have all been in a situation similar to this before and can relate to his feelings :)

Also, do not take anything he says now too seriously since he was in an emotional high and now deflated so don't expect him to give any real thought to questions about the future when he is still currently processing the past and present

You're right. But I think alot of us who are worried about how reckless he is sometimes are not saying we don't understand his decision to skate despite injury for his second OGM. I get why it is worth it, and I am glad he was able to fulfill his dream. I am not in a place to criticize him for it, no one really is... but I am still worried. Wouldn't it be so much better if he didn't have to pay a price like this, at all? :13877886:LOL

18 minutes ago, monchan said:

I check Olympic men's figure skating medallists over the year in wiki: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Olympic_medalists_in_figure_skating#Men's_singles

God damn it's A NORM at Dick Button era to win several Olympic titles (before him, the only 1 didn't is Salchow, at the very first (Summer) Oly event with Figure skating in 1908, Winter Oly only started in 1924).

image.jpg

Did this over in the Men's thread for the Olys I think. What is amusing is if you check through the male gold medalists throughout recent history, starting from Karl Schafer, men's generally only got their first Olys gold at their 2nd Olys attempt. The exceptions to that have been Dick Button, Ilia Kulik and Yuzu. With Dick Button I'm not sure how many senior seasons he had, since I'm not sure how the system worked then, plus the impact of WWII. But for Ilia Kulik and Yuzu both, they were in their 4th season in seniors in their first Olys. If this pattern holds, and exists for reasons such as stamina, ability to handle nerves or maturity in general, regardless of technical upgrades, then it was most likely that none of the quadsters could have beat Yuzu this time based on that pattern. The closest threat would have been Shoma, because the other threat was Boyang (and not likely to have the PCS for it).