General Yuzuru Chat

hace 4 minutos , wombat-poodle said:

Its okay guys, facts are facts, they cant be changed. Some people hate the fact that Yuzuru is G.O.A.T. But if this weren't solid rock hard truth they wouldn't be so pressed about it. :clap: To me their desperate attempts at salt and hate just proves that this fact is more true than ever.

Edit to add: The fact that people are even arguing about whether Yuzu is G.O.A.T already proves how worthy he is of this title. Nobody argues over whether Tom, Dick or Harry is G.O.A.T, simply because the answer is obviously no and there's nothing to argue about. 

"People write many different things about me.

But the history that I made will never be changed."

source https://gamp.ameblo.jp/ecovail/entry-12353842507.html?__twitter_impression=true

On 15/02/2018 at 7:23 AM, Raomina said:

Videos of today's practice stream. Switched from Google drive to mega but you should still be able to just play the video directly. I'll upload the other videos here too since Google drive seems to be having trouble playing the videos.

Part 1: https://mega.nz/#!Yw0AiRDT!HfdTFX2jLA7t0NDbUKe1WmSt1l3PN6dIAqiZBfPheYU

I was asking about video of Yuzu doing figures the other day but hadn't found it yet. Recently I realized @Raomina posted the practice videos from the streamed second day and lo and behold, at 3 minutes in, I think. 

21 minutes ago, YH7892 said:

Is there any available translation of this vid? Or anyone who have a heart of Gold that is willing to translate/sub this? Onegaishimasu 😭😭😭

I think this is new so I doubt there's a translation up just yet but I'm guessing from the context that it's going to address 4A stuff because Yuzu mentioned in the presscon that Tsuzuki-sensei (the man featured here) was the one who impressed upon him that the axel is the 'king of jumps' (also the title says 'challenge quintuple jumps?' which like......no thanks lmao)

I'll see if I can do a rough summary tonight ( :

1 hour ago, Floria said:

certain media keeps saying  that now he needs 3xOGM to be considered GOAT *sigh*.

Year 2022. Yuzuru Hanyu 3x olympic champion, first person to land 4A in competition, first person to land quintiple jump. Somehow won 4cc in Canada.

US media: He isn't GOAT because he didn't win any European championships

Year 2023. Yuzuru borrows his friend's last name and wins European championships as Yuzuru Chopin. 

US media: He isn't GOAT because he doesn't have  a quad flip

Year 2026. After 3 years of training, Yuzuru finally lands 4F with a  correct edge

US media: He isn't  GOAT because he didn't attend Harvard like Dick Button did. 

Year 2040. Yuzuru becomes a professor in Harvard

US media:

Yuzuru: ooo... And I changed my nationality. I'm American now.

US media: GOAT!!! Ice king! Quad master! He already was the best when he won his second Olympic gold medal but it wasn't good enough for him.

The talk about beijing 2022 :smiley-laughing021:you guys LOL. But I understand and I feel the same, deep inside I'll never be prepared for when Yuzu retires even if doesn't mean we won't see him anymore (ice shows etc) but yeah I also want to see him as much as possible lol. I thought I would be ready after this olympics for whatever decission he makes but yeah I'm not :13877886:

I hope me mentioning 2022 seemed like i think he has to in order to prove anything or he has somehow not achieved enough......i just meant there's no way of knowing how long he's going to continue competing for... some mention of 2/3 years from an old interview doesn't mean much...it will depend on many things...

also i just want to have as long as possible getting to watch him skate. especially if he gets fit and decides that now he's done one big childhood dream he can have a bit more fun with his skating and programs, try different tyles, develop in different ways...

9 minutes ago, Yoa said:

Year 2022. Yuzuru Hanyu 3x olympic champion, first person to land 4A in competition, first person to land quintiple jump. Somehow won 4cc in Canada.

US media: He isn't GOAT because he didn't win any European championships

Year 2023. Yuzuru borrows his friend's last name and wins European championships as Yuzuru Chopin. 

US media: He isn't GOAT because he doesn't have  a quad flip

Year 2026. After 3 years of training, Yuzuru finally lands 4F with a  correct edge

US media: He isn't  GOAT because he didn't attend Harvard like Dick Button did. 

Year 2040. Yuzuru becomes a professor in Harvard

US media:

Yuzuru: ooo... And I changed my nationality. I'm American now.

US media: GOAT!!! Ice king! Quad master! He already was the best when he won his second Olympic gold medal but it wasn't good enough for him.

LMAO if this isn't accurate I don't know what it is