General Yuzuru Chat

26 minutes ago, cinemacoconut said:

I reckon he shld do every quad practices on harness except 4t 4s 4lo because he got hurt doing 4lz. Seriously no more risks. Yuzu is world treasure and his safety is top priority

He didn't get hurt because it was the 4lz, he got hurt because he jumped when he wasn't fully recovered from a fever and probably had less muscle memory to save the 4lz landing, due to less experience with it. (Although I think he fell on other jumps as well and it was probably bad luck his foot slipped the way it did, just on the lutz, but that it could have happened on any jump.)

14 minutes ago, cinemacoconut said:

Yuzu will probably go to see doctor after gala in japan and then get healed for 2 weeks before deciding to go to worlds or not. I will really miss javi when he retires after worlds. I hoped javi stayed 2 more seasons because hes a treasure to the sport. If javi jumps quad loops during competitions im sure he can keep up with nathan chen and boyang jins scores since they usually fall in big competitions while javi doesnt. Theres a reason javi beat yuzu 2 times at worlds!! I worried yuzus gona be lonely losing his biggest training mate... 

Javi is probably not going to retire after worlds. In his latest interviews, he says he wants to do more competitions. He probably won't commit to full seasons, though and maybe not to the Grand Prix Series - or at least not very seriously. But I think he really wants 7 or 8 Euro titles and he doesn't really have big enough rivals there, so even without quad loop he could, maybe, do it. Javi probably won't do quad loop for health reasons, too. He's revealed he has trouble with his knees, too, so he probably doesn't see much point in risking it. Especially now that he achieved his biggest dream. But yes, he will be missed. However, we'll probably get years and years of lots of Javi in ice shows! And he's probably going to be awesome in them, as he can perform freely and have fun and not stress about anything.

IMO, Javi is second only to Yuzu in FS right now. IF he'd kept up the technical aspect as well, nobody could come close to them. But I can see and understand why he didn't.

24 minutes ago, Floria said:

He went back to Spain on Sunday  to celebrate and he will return for Gala.

Hide contents

Not that I never had the same thoughts but two skaters that made Olympic podium this time are not "young quadsters" so I guess judges still value something else than quads.  Multiple quads in one program are not breaking news anymore, whatever US media says. 

Also I think that the changes in the rules will benefit Yuzu stamina-wise, I mean shorter FS and one jumping pass less.

The most important thing to him is to stay healthy. When he finally lands that 4A we may find out  that he still has another childhood dream to fullfill. :laughing:  

Spoiler

SE-4A-SE? 3 turn-4A-Twizzles? 4A-3S Rippon? 4A-3A? lol the possibilities are endless... (and of course, 5T is only half a rotation away :slinkaway:) Seriously, though, as much as I'd love Yuzu to achieve something crazy like that to shut up all those "OMG, Nathan's so awesome for doing 5 quads!!!" people, among others, I don't think his body will hold up for 5T... he's pushed it too hard. Although I would love nothing more than to be wrong!

hace 8 minutos , KatjaThera said:

He didn't get hurt because it was the 4lz, he got hurt because he jumped when he wasn't fully recovered from a fever and probably had less muscle memory to save the 4lz landing, due to less experience with it. (Although I think he fell on other jumps as well and it was probably bad luck his foot slipped the way it did, just on the lutz, but that it could have happened on any jump.)

Do you think he will ditch the 4Lz forever, now that his ultimate goal is 4A? I feel like he mentioned Lz in one of the post-FS interviews, but I am not sure. He did Lz only 2 or 3 times in all PC practices. 

15 hours ago, ICeleste said:

This past week I've saved more than 500 photos of Yuzuru in Pyeongchang- from his arrival at the airport to the practices, Chopin, Seimei, K&C moments, plushies and medal ceremonies, fluff, interviews, press conferences and media appearances.

I’ve uploaded them all in this album and I want to share them with you all

https://photos.google.com/share/AF1QipMmPm1xOwyOmRdMpcBjgG4cZt274LWyX3kAgjuQPxZMqRz3zaX1UCEbuP43B1wUqA?key=YloyUlF4WHBnUktLVFdYWlBmQmh2bjhuNzFDTjdB

:goe:

Thank you for, so very effectively distracting me from work. 

4 minutes ago, Floria said:

Do you think he will ditch the 4Lz forever, now that his ultimate goal is 4A? I feel like he mentioned Lz in one of the post-FS interviews, but I am not sure. He did Lz only 2 or 3 times in all PC practices. 

I don't think he'll ditch anything. If anything, he'll want to conquer 4Lz precisely because he had to give it up at the Olympics.

I think he'll only give up Lz if it might clearly affect his 4A chances.

(I actually wouldn't be surprised, if he manages to stabilize 4A, and his joints still hold up, if he won't decide to try 4F as well, just because. lol)

The urgency is gone, but he's the same guy and he'll want to challenge more things, because that's just who he is.

1 hour ago, PapiandPooh422 said:

The news for me here is that he jumps with harness because I never see him practice jumps in a harness. But it's Nessie so it might be really necessary.

He was first practicing the 4Lz in harness, though. I remember someone mentioning that in an interview. 

I know Yuzu's goal is the 4A, and he says it's his only motivation, but I'd love if he could find new motivation in finding ways to push the new incoming scoring system like he did with the current one. Really, I imagine his 3A could become the first (and only?) jump to ever receive +5 GOE, depending on how they organize the bullet points for the new scale. 

hace 1 minuto , KatjaThera said:

if he won't decide to try 4F

Brian once mentioned casually about him practicing 4F(around TCC media day iirc), so we can be sure that he at least tried it.

After that scary and incredible 3Lz save I am not sure that right now he is so eager to conquer 4Lz. He said that he was about to fall on that 3Lz the same way as at NHK practice...

Although I am not a professional skater but I remember the moment I broke my wrist each time I do a forward left inside 3-turn. 

1 minute ago, Floria said:

Brian once mentioned casually about him practicing 4F(around TCC media day iirc), so we can be sure that he at least tried it.

After that scary and incredible 3Lz save I am not sure that right now he is so eager to conquer 4Lz. He said that he was about to fall on that 3Lz the same way as at NHK practice...

Although I am not a professional skater but I remember the moment I broke my wrist each time I do a forward left inside 3-turn. 

But I think the fact that he didn't fall despite it being at the end of a free skate he had only had complete RT of a couple of times before competition might be what he focuses on. He conquered it. He's probably sure he can conquer big bro Lz too once his ankle is better. 

I do not want to see the 4Lz ever again, btw, I'm forever scarred, but Yuzu is terrifyingly brave and strong. To the point of OMFG-wtf-is-wrong-with-you, I mean, he just skated on a wobbly ankle that was hurt from a 4Lz and what does he say his next goal is? The 4A. What kind of person with any sense of self-preservation even thinks that. 

hace 2 minutos , xeyra said:

I know Yuzu's goal is the 4A, and he says it's his only motivation, but I'd love if he could find new motivation in finding ways to push the new incoming scoring system like he did with the current one. Really, I imagine his 3A could become the first (and only?) jump to ever receive +5 GOE, depending on how they organize the bullet points for the new scale. 

I think he is just overwhelmed with happiness to think and talk about the new scoring system. And nobody asked him about it in the interviews, probably because this season hasn't ended yet.

But I am sure he will try to make the most of the new rules, exactly like he did with the old ones .