General Yuzuru Chat

11 minutes ago, PapiandPooh422 said:

The news for me here is that he jumps with harness because I never see him practice jumps in a harness. But it's Nessie so it might be really necessary.

I think it might have been a compromise.

Yuzu: I want to try the quad axel...

Brian: No way. It's Olympic season!

Yuzu: But...

Brian: No.

Yuzu: :pouty:

Brian: :knc_brian3:

Brian: Well...

Brian: Only if you use a harness!

Yuzu: :darklordyuzu:

Who wants to bet he hasn't done at least one without the harness? 

I think it's a decent get-rich-quick scheme, bet the most outrageous stuff about Yuzu with his antis who say he can't do anything. Decent odds that a video will turn up somewhere sometime, really. 

Really, he is the only one with the axel technique to do it. And it WASN'T our imagination that some of his 3As looked like there was some delay. No wonder. 

Well, when he does eventually get it, he'd better not lose his 3A like he lost his 2A. 

1 minute ago, WinForPooh said:

I think it's a decent get-rich-quick scheme, bet the most outrageous stuff about Yuzu with his antis who say he can't do anything. Decent odds that a video will turn up somewhere sometime, really. 

Really, he is the only one with the axel technique to do it. And it WASN'T our imagination that some of his 3As looked like there was some delay. No wonder. 

Well, when he does eventually get it, he'd better not lose his 3A like he lost his 2A. 

With the way this season and the Pyeongchang Olympics have turned out, I think if we made such bets we'll all be rolling in cash right now. Too bad the antis will never pay up. 

As for 4A, I honestly believe that his axel technique is so stellar and outstanding that he is fully capable of it. Indeed some of his 3As in practice look so huge, I believe he already has landed one or two 4As, not perfect maybe but he has landed them.

3 minutes ago, WinForPooh said:

It’s still a required element so he should be okay (also, he loves that 3A I can’t picture him ever not doing it)

6 minutes ago, cinemacoconut said:

I reckon he shld do every quad practices on harness except 4t 4s 4lo because he got hurt doing 4lz. Seriously no more risks. Yuzu is world treasure and his safety is top priority

The problem is you can't have the harness guy on ice with you during official practice and that's where he got that nasty ankle injury... Basically he should NEVER skate with a fever ever again and I think he understands this now, he nearly lost his biggest dream because of that fall.

Hace 6 horas, Yolo3a said:

I am sure someone must have answered this, but isn't Javi staying for gala? Why he went back? 

He went back to Spain on Sunday  to celebrate and he will return for Gala.

hace 19 minutos , KatjaThera said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I see where you're coming from and I don't disagree. Although considering how he's won over everyone else, despite being injured and on who knows how strong medicine, I don't think anyone is even close to his level at this point. But scores don't always reflect that, so... yeah.

However, I also see it like this: Yuzu was a man on a mission. In many ways, ever since he started skating seriously, but especially since the earthquake. I admit I sometimes tend to draw a parallel to Yoshiki, because Yoshiki was also asthmatic as a child, and weakly. In the recent X movie, his mother is quoted as saying that doctors didn't believe Yoshiki would live long enough to become an adult. I don't think Yuzu was as bad, but it makes me wonder, if he hasn't always felt a bit like he was on borrowed time. I think he probably did at least after the earthquake, if not before. So Olympic Gold became a must. Because you don't know what could happen tomorrow, you have to make the very best of today and aim for a big goal like that.

Everything he did, including many reckless things which led to the multiple injuries that are what makes him injury prone now, is because he HAD to win the Olympics or at least try his hardest. And the more it became a possibility or a probability, the more intense and reckless he became. He probably also thought he was young and would heal and it wouldn't be a big deal, but every time he skated through an injury probably added up to his current condition. So I don't think the quad craze is to blame. Yes, maybe he wouldn't have rushed as much with quad lutz, but I think he would have added it eventually anyway. It was his own ambition and urgency that led to this.

However, it was the same ambition and urgency that enabled him to stand now as a two times Olympic Champion.

I don't know if he was aware of the long term effects then, but I do think he probably would do it all the same anyway. That's just how he is and I think he'd rather we admire him for that willingness to sacrifice everything for his dreams - or rather goals - than feel sorry or sad about it.

Also, he's just 23. Even if he will have retire, soon, he has a whole lifetime ahead of him to find other things to enjoy and love and bless us with.

Spoiler

Not that I never had the same thoughts but two skaters that made Olympic podium this time are not "young quadsters" so I guess judges still value something else than quads.  Multiple quads in one program are not breaking news anymore, whatever US media says. 

Also I think that the changes in the rules will benefit Yuzu stamina-wise, I mean shorter FS and one jumping pass less.

The most important thing to him is to stay healthy. When he finally lands that 4A we may find out  that he still has another childhood dream to fullfill. :laughing:  

Yuzu will probably go to see doctor after gala in japan and then get healed for 2 weeks before deciding to go to worlds or not. I will really miss javi when he retires after worlds. I hoped javi stayed 2 more seasons because hes a treasure to the sport. If javi jumps quad loops during competitions im sure he can keep up with nathan chen and boyang jins scores since they usually fall in big competitions while javi doesnt. Theres a reason javi beat yuzu 2 times at worlds!! I worried yuzus gona be lonely losing his biggest training mate... 

I'm hoping that Yuzu and Brian's "new" approach to skating can carry over to the next season and beyond even after Yuzu is completely healed. Being relaxed instead of intense, holding back on doing too many high-risk elements during training, trusting your foundations instead of over-training, trolling the heck out of the media and psyching the opponents with your carefree attitude - I'm 100% for it. It seems to have worked really well too.

hace 13 minutos , wombat-poodle said:

I'm hoping that Yuzu and Brian's "new" approach to skating can carry over to the next season and beyond even after Yuzu is completely healed. Being relaxed instead of intense, holding back on doing too many high-risk elements during training, trusting your foundations instead of over-training, trolling the heck out of the media and psyching the opponents with your carefree attitude - I'm 100% for it. It seems to have worked really well too.

It was such a pleasure to watch all the PC practices footage!  I feel like their coach-pupil relationship has got on a new level. I am not referring to trolling or mind games, just their interaction is much more open and relaxed now and they talk a lot.