General Yuzuru Chat

1 minute ago, HaruhiMoe said:

I noticed. Or well, I noticed Yuzu noticed Javi didn't have a flag and was bothered by it. When someone in the audience finally threw the Spanish flag, Yuzu and Javi reached for it at the same time. Flags are important to Yuzu and of course, especially for Javi (I still remember at ACI, when he was looking around for a flag as they played the Spanish anthem, then finally spotted one and poked Javi and pointed it out to him. I think a fan was holding it and they didn't have official flags?)

1 minute ago, yuzuuu said:

yeah I know. I don't bother with hate comments too and I always drown them with positivity but in this case, I can't do anything about it cos I know not the language and It seems like 99.9% of comments are hate. worse is they seem to be implying things about his personality. I just hate if people happens to pass by and believe all the misinformation and join in with the hate. 

Anybody who believes anything said in Internet comments without looking for confirmation from a reliable source is a deliberately ignorant idiot. Why would we care what the belligerently ignorant think? Why would Yuzu? He just won his second OGM and will be showered in admiration and love. Trolls can troll away without the slightest hint of acknowledgment. 

Having a :tumblr_inline_ncmif7esGm1rpglid: moment. Under a spoiler so as not to be depressing

Spoiler

I hate to be a debbie downer, but I'm just so sad thinking about how the Olympics are always the highlight of the quad but also the "changing of the guard" so to say, and the skaters you've followed the entire quad just all leave you at once. :tumblr_inline_ncmif7esGm1rpglid: And Yuzu, well, I know he's only 23 but it just seems like he's soo much more injury prone than other top 23 year old skaters, and maybe that's one reason why he's so good, but I just don't know if he has another quad left in him. There are up-and-coming juniors and teenagers who can do all or almost all the quads now, and their PCS will surely rise even if they don't improve that much on the PCS front. If only beautiful, intricate programs with wonderful skating and transitions were valued enough, then Yuzu can slowly add in quads as he sees fit, but still have enough of a cushion with his 2+3 quad layout that there wouldn't be a feeling of needing to add difficult elements, to the point of jumping them when he's feeling sick or tired, and injuring himself. And then we can see more creative, interpretative, different sides of him in various artistic programs without focusing on new quads, quads, quads all the time. And then when he's ready to retire, may he retire on his own terms instead of being forced to do it because of injuries or something else. I know he wants to skate more, so if he ends up retiring soon, I can't help but be bitter at the state of the sport that would have robbed us of his transcendent skating for many years to come :tumblr_inline_ncmif7esGm1rpglid:

5 minutes ago, KatjaThera said:
ETA: credit to Iron Klaus for posting this first on twitter, btw ^_^;

So, now we know how he did the 4A...

It’s so weird to hear Yuzu and now Brian himself say “his flip isn’t that good”. I know he used to have edge issues but it has been so consistent and one of his most beautiful, comes out of nowhere jumps!  I can’t remember the last time he fell or popped it since Sochi

10 minutes ago, KatjaThera said:

HAHA OMG BRIAN FINALLY BLABBED 

(sorry caps but MY WHOLE MIND IS IN CAPS RIGHT NOW!)

Also, it hardly sounds like Brian is worried he won't be able to continue skating, right? :biggrin:

ETA I've watched this 3 times already. Why is this making me so happy? 

6 minutes ago, KatjaThera said:

LOLOLOL... Mama Orser almost spit out his drink when asked about nessie... Also, "he's done the quad lutz in competition; he's done the quad loop in competition; his flip's not that good so he's not even gonna go there but... the QUAD AXEL IS DOABLE"

8 minutes ago, Syless Jinx said:

It’s so weird to hear Yuzu and now Brian himself say “his flip isn’t that good”. I know he used to have edge issues but it has been so consistent and one of his most beautiful, comes out of nowhere jumps!  I can’t remember the last time he fell or popped it since Sochi

Hahaha.. he probably meant not good enough to keep to the inside edge if he goes for a quad version...

18 minutes ago, KatjaThera said:

I think I actually saw Brian's hair fall out.

I'm not taking my hair out of my ponytail ever because I think it's all falling out too, I might lose all my hair as the scrunchie comes off.

ETA: Lol @ Brian basically ignoring the Flip just like we do, like pishhh not happening. 

5 minutes ago, yuzuangel said:

Having a :tumblr_inline_ncmif7esGm1rpglid: moment. Under a spoiler so as not to be depressing

Hide contents

I hate to be a debbie downer, but I'm just so sad thinking about how the Olympics are always the highlight of the quad but also the "changing of the guard" so to say, and the skaters you've followed the entire quad just all leave you at once. :tumblr_inline_ncmif7esGm1rpglid: And Yuzu, well, I know he's only 23 but it just seems like he's soo much more injury prone than other top 23 year old skaters, and maybe that's one reason why he's so good, but I just don't know if he has another quad left in him. There are up-and-coming juniors and teenagers who can do all or almost all the quads now, and their PCS will surely rise even if they don't improve that much on the PCS front. If only beautiful, intricate programs with wonderful skating and transitions were valued enough, then Yuzu can slowly add in quads as he sees fit, but still have enough of a cushion with his 2+3 quad layout that there wouldn't be a feeling of needing to add difficult elements, to the point of jumping them when he's feeling sick or tired, and injuring himself. And then we can see more creative, interpretative, different sides of him in various artistic programs without focusing on new quads, quads, quads all the time. And then when he's ready to retire, may he retire on his own terms instead of being forced to do it because of injuries or something else. I know he wants to skate more, so if he ends up retiring soon, I can't help but be bitter at the state of the sport that would have robbed us of his transcendent skating for many years to come :tumblr_inline_ncmif7esGm1rpglid:

Spoiler

I see where you're coming from and I don't disagree. Although considering how he's won over everyone else, despite being injured and on who knows how strong medicine, I don't think anyone is even close to his level at this point. But scores don't always reflect that, so... yeah.

However, I also see it like this: Yuzu was a man on a mission. In many ways, ever since he started skating seriously, but especially since the earthquake. I admit I sometimes tend to draw a parallel to Yoshiki, because Yoshiki was also asthmatic as a child, and weakly. In the recent X movie, his mother is quoted as saying that doctors didn't believe Yoshiki would live long enough to become an adult. I don't think Yuzu was as bad, but it makes me wonder, if he hasn't always felt a bit like he was on borrowed time. I think he probably did at least after the earthquake, if not before. So Olympic Gold became a must. Because you don't know what could happen tomorrow, you have to make the very best of today and aim for a big goal like that.

Everything he did, including many reckless things which led to the multiple injuries that are what makes him injury prone now, is because he HAD to win the Olympics or at least try his hardest. And the more it became a possibility or a probability, the more intense and reckless he became. He probably also thought he was young and would heal and it wouldn't be a big deal, but every time he skated through an injury probably added up to his current condition. So I don't think the quad craze is to blame. Yes, maybe he wouldn't have rushed as much with quad lutz, but I think he would have added it eventually anyway. It was his own ambition and urgency that led to this.

However, it was the same ambition and urgency that enabled him to stand now as a two times Olympic Champion.

I don't know if he was aware of the long term effects then, but I do think he probably would do it all the same anyway. That's just how he is and I think he'd rather we admire him for that willingness to sacrifice everything for his dreams - or rather goals - than feel sorry or sad about it.

Also, he's just 23. Even if he will have retire, soon, he has a whole lifetime ahead of him to find other things to enjoy and love and bless us with.