General Yuzuru Chat

Although a Worlds without him is sad, well, the downplaying of Hanyu and the hype of the quadsters continue even though he just won Olys. :dry:

Hanyu is content right now and I'm looking for it to last longer as well as his smile. I'm not ready to throw him into the fire and media play and bashing by biased commentators/media so their faves get a foothold at Worlds just yet.

I know he cites 4A as a motivation, but does his state remind people of Yuna after Vancouver? Just curious.

7 hours ago, Anya said:

I think Yuzu is an Arashi fanboy :laughing:

This is the kid who knew the song and dance to that Arashi wedding song (I forget the name) at Kouhaku. Massive fan, I bet. :biggrin:

4 hours ago, ICeleste said:

This past week I've saved more than 500 photos of Yuzuru in Pyeongchang- from his arrival at the airport to the practices, Chopin, Seimei, K&C moments, plushies and medal ceremonies, fluff, interviews, press conferences and media appearances.

I’ve uploaded them all in this album and I want to share them with you all

https://photos.google.com/share/AF1QipMmPm1xOwyOmRdMpcBjgG4cZt274LWyX3kAgjuQPxZMqRz3zaX1UCEbuP43B1wUqA?key=YloyUlF4WHBnUktLVFdYWlBmQmh2bjhuNzFDTjdB

I was hoping someone like you would come into my life. :biggrin: I got too overwhelmed to save much of anything. Thank you so, so much!

1 hour ago, Forcefield said:

I don't understand anything but the last few seconds (someone translated on an earlier page) is so friggin cute! Praying more than ever now that he guests on an Arashi show (as well as on an Ueda/Cream Stew show).

Yesyesyes! Cream Stew, please! Actually, Shoma would be a RIOT not shaberi-ing on shabekuri. XD

1 hour ago, SSS said:

Thanks to Zu, I just weighed myself, and I lost like 5 or 6 pounds...no mood to cook during weekend...:smiley-laughing021:too nervous to eat...having my first real meal, instant noodle now...(not a piece of a bread with strawberry jam (yes strawberry, ichigo!), not an apple)

My pants that were too small last week are too big this week. Thanks for making me worry so much I forget to eat, Yuzu!

21 minutes ago, MrPudding said:

@WC2018 @postinterviews @beijing2022

not good for my emotional wellbeing :facepalm:

I really want to take a break from this to focus on actual life.. post olympic stuff is messing me up :13877886:

Me too. And today I awake to the terrifying word "satisfied." :dbana:

14 minutes ago, Forcefield said:

I know he cites 4A as a motivation, but does his state remind people of Yuna after Vancouver? Just curious.

Nobody answer this! I don't want to hear. :dpooh:

Though he didn't just say 4A. He said "I'm back" after SP. He said he always comes back to skating when he thinks of what to do with his future.

1 hour ago, Fay said:

@meoima and all the others, the quick translation of Plushenko's opinion about Yuzu. I only translated the part concerning Yuzu 

"Three years ago, I said in an interview that I preferred Yuzuru Hanyu among current male skaters. A skater who can do anything on the ice. It hasn’t changed since. Just his title has been augmented with ‘two time’

He was looked upon as a favourite in Pyongchang. The problem was whether he’s been able to recover from his ankle injury. Ever since he went back to practising on the ice, his training sessions have been top secret. No one was allowed into the skating rink, and no one knew what form he was in. But the Olympic Games have shown that he recovered completely. He skated brilliantly and won deservedly.

Apart from being talented, he’s also a fighter, though he grew into one. He used to give up when he messed up his elements, he used not to jump up after he fell, but he would spend a second or two on the ice. It even happened at competitions. Now it’s nothing like that. He learnt not to do that.

We first met when Yuzuru was ten. I’ve been taking part in shows in Japan for ages. He came to see our practises and shows. I remember him asking to see his 4Lz he was learning and I helped him with advice.

Athletes who achieved a lot often become arrogant, but Yuzuru is pretty much grounded. He’s a great guy – he’s modest, easy-going, well-mannered. He comes from a middle class family (simple family, having no pretensions), and he isn’t spoilt. I spoke to his parents and they are very nice. They are just as modest as he is.

He’s a hard worker. He’s so dedicated to figure skating that his routine has been ‘home-the skating rink - home’ for years. There has been no changes. Our male skaters lack such commitment and obsession and they waste their time and energy on unimportant things. He’s so disciplined that he doesn’t let himself get out of his routine. He keeps his regime and watches his diet. He’s never drunk any alcohol – and he’s 23, can you imagine that?

I saw him working during the practises for shows. By the way. Neither Japanese nor Americans avoid doing quads there. They learn new quads during their shows – which is unheard of for Russian skaters.

It’s great Hanyu’s bending all the stereotypes. Usually, skaters win the Olympics and finish their career. They try to earn money at skating shows. But he remained after Sochi, and took part at top skating competitions and won in Pyongchang again. As far as I know, he isn’t going to quit even now.

I believe he can win the next Olympic Games in Beijing. He’s got enough motivation and drive for it. He can become a three-time OGM – isn’t it a good enough motivation? I’ve gone through four Olympics, I wanted to beat everyone, and he’s just like me. He’s got that core strength. 

And he’s just 23. In his prime. He’s got huge resources with five quads up his sleeve. And his spins! Fast, difficult positions, no travelling. His step sequences are light and exciting. Many skaters just skate through their motions towards the end of their program, but he finishes it at the speed he began with, and he sometimes gets even faster. He just flies across the ice."

I can't imagine how he must feel, having his idol talk about him like this.

6 hours ago, Forcefield said:

People somewhere tried to dub another skater as a living meme, but have they seen friggin meme icon Yuzuru Hanyu? This is just my salt and pettiness speaking.

Ahem. So I browse this site sometimes for game reviews and lo and behold, Yuzu. 

Yuzuru Hanyu Would Be A Good Final Fantasy Character

b9kimwz6byv8c5pxxnuy.jpg

More Yuzu photoshops this way:

https://kotaku.com/yuzuru-hanyu-would-be-a-good-final-fantasy-character-1823127056/amp

"Makes sense as he’s skated to Final Fantasy music before."

Wait, huh? Checks the links and all if them are MADs.:facepalm::laughing:

2 hours ago, axelnojutsu said:

Did Plushy really say “with 5 quads up his sleeve”? Is he including Nessie? :tumblr_inline_ncmifiE3IT1rpglid:

Eta:I just realized he probably meant the number of quads in the free, not the type of quads don’t mind me

2 hours ago, Sammie said:

Mmhmm maybe Plushy seen the Nessie :animated-smileys-hands-fingers-01:

I think he may have already seen it. :animated-smileys-character-075:

I've been suspicious ever since this TV interview came out where they showed Yuzu a simulation of him doing the 4A (starts around 9:01). Look at that face...it's a face that knows too much...

I know it's not been officially confirmed but I really do think Yuzu has been jumping and landing 4A already. Miki said she's seen it. Max Ambesi said he's been jumping it and landing it perhaps 30% of the time. Why would he mention such a percentage if he hadn't seen it already or have a reliable TCC source? This is the guy who knows Yuzu and has been following him so closely that he knew in the 4CC FP that Yuzu's first backup plan was to tack on 1Lo4S to his 2S pop. I know Yuzu and Brian have denied it but this is the same sneaky TCC team that said "4Lz? Whut 4Lz?" before his layout upgrade was made public and then said "Injury? What injury? 4T, 4S, 4Lo all good!" going into the Olympics. Love them I do but they are lying liars who lie...

1 hour ago, yuzuangel said:

God I'm so happy he's satisfied. He's spent all of his life feeling unsatisfied. And finally he is. God I'm so happy for him I could cry <3

I've always wished that after Pyeongchang he'd be able to skate just for the love of skating, without looking at placements or points. I love that there's Nessie out there and now that he's actually satisfied and fulfilled he can go in search for her without worrying too much about winning or losing. 

Before the Olympics I worried about him. Not just about the injury, but about what it meant. Winning in Pyeongchang seemed too important to him. When he said something along the lines of the Olympic victory being the moment that would give all his life meaning, I thought "Wait, so if you don't win Olympics your life will have been meaningless?" (And if I remember correctly, he confirmed thinking that in one of his post-win interviews.) Hanging the meaning of your entire life on just one specific moment which, objectively, has better odds of not happening than happening... Man, I thought it was downright unhealthy. I remember how Patrick looked when he got his silver, and I was so afraid Yuzu might end up looking like that too. Only for him it would have been worse. 

So, I'm ashamed to say, I was relieved when Javi messed up, and when Shoma fell. When Yuzu won, I wasn't as much happy, as just enormously, unbelieveably relieved for Yuzu, because the alternative would have been devastating. 

In his post-win interviews he basically said he hyped himself up and clutched to the thought of "I must win this". In his situation, the prospect of skating with injury, any other person would have gone through some redefinition of their values, allowed themselves a thought "well, I might not win, and if I don't, it won't diminish me". It looks like Yuzu didn't go through this. I find this sort of mindset abolutely terryfing. He pulled off this win on the force of conviction, on faith, more than anything else.

I guess this intentsity, that single-mindednes, insane focus on his ultimate goal and just not being satisfied with less is what enabled him to pull off this miracle and truly become historical. I don't quite understand it and I find it scary but I suppose that's what legends are made of.

Okay, I think I really need some sleep.

2 hours ago, Moria Polonius said:

I've always wished that after Pyeongchang he'd be able to skate just for the love of skating, without looking at placements or points. I love that there's Nessie out there and now that he's actually satisfied and fulfilled he can go in search for her without worrying too much about winning or losing. 

Before the Olympics I worried about him. Not just about the injury, but about what it meant. Winning in Pyeongchang seemed too important to him. When he said something along the lines of the Olympic victory being the moment that would give all his life meaning, I thought "Wait, so if you don't win Olympics your life will have been meaningless?" (And if I remember correctly, he confirmed thinking that in one of his post-win interviews.) Hanging the meaning of your entire life on just one specific moment which, objectively, has better odds of not happening than happening... Man, I thought it was downright unhealthy. I remember how Patrick looked when he got his silver, and I was so afraid Yuzu might end up looking like that too. Only for him it would have been worse. 

So, I'm ashamed to say, I was relieved when Javi messed up, and when Shoma fell. When Yuzu won, I wasn't as much happy, as just enormously, unbelieveably relieved for Yuzu, because the alternative would have been devastating. 

In his post-win interviews he basically said he hyped himself up and clutched to the thought of "I must win this". In his situation, the prospect of skating with injury, any other person would have went through some redefinition of their values, allowed themselves a thought "well, I might not win, and if I don't, it won't diminish me". It looks like Yuzu didn't go through this. I find this sort of mindset abolutely terryfing. He pulled off this win on the force of conviction, on faith, more than anything else.

I guess this intentsity, that single-mindednes, insane focus on his ultimate goal and just not being satisfied with less is what enabled him to pull off this miracle and truly become historical. I don't quite understand it and I find it scary but I suppose that's what legends are made of.

Okay, I think I really need some sleep.

I, too, was very worried about him mentally for the same reasons but... he's amazing. I'm floored. I still can't believe he's a really real person. Nobody else could have done this, and he came so close to another SP WR! That people are denying GOAT for a few missteps on a busted ankle... do they realise the incredible mental power it took to win under these circumstances? He is a downright miracle. I still can't rewatch SEIMEI because the joy on his face... it's so overwhelming. I'm so happy it hurts. I'm still crying today, whatever day today is. :biggrin:

I'd also like to thank Javi because those Javi level supersaves Yuzu managed to pull off really saved the day. :biggrin:

I don't feel like this should be happening in real life. I don't feel like I should be allowed to witness something so incredible. :embSwan: This is a goddamn fairytale, one of the greatest stories of all time, and I can't believe the media is missing the chance to let it blow up!