General Yuzuru Chat

3 minutes ago, xeyra said:

Yuzu was so emotional through this whole thing. :tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw:

I feel that after the stuff that happened, he just felt so relieved that he just let go. I'm sure he just couldn't hold the tears anymore after being strong for so long. This is just like GPF15 except back then he suddenly felt the pressure with the happiness, now it is just tears of joy

9 minutes ago, xeyra said:

I can't get it to load but are they talking about Yuzuru or is Yuzuru in the podcast... talking in english...? :laughing: 

The part about Yuzu starts at 11:14!

Spoiler

They have a snippet of him talking (I think it's from one of the press conferences) about how fans started throwing Winnie the Poohs, and they also interviewed some Chinese fans!

14 minutes ago, xeyra said:

I can't get it to load but are they talking about Yuzuru or is Yuzuru in the podcast... talking in english...? :laughing: 

they talked about his pop star status, how his fans are "something else" and shower him with Poohs. They played part of the press conference (the one before the competition in Japanese) where he talked about why fans started throwing Poohs. And they went out to talk to some fans waiting in line for hours (I guess maybe for the public practice because no assigned seats? They didn't specify). The talking to fans part was in English and one of the girls they interviewed was like, all these girls here come from China but we still love him <3 so that "fans from all over the world" vibe was nice at least

People somewhere tried to dub another skater as a living meme, but have they seen friggin meme icon Yuzuru Hanyu? This is just my salt and pettiness speaking.

Ahem. So I browse this site sometimes for game reviews and lo and behold, Yuzu. 

Yuzuru Hanyu Would Be A Good Final Fantasy Character

b9kimwz6byv8c5pxxnuy.jpg

More Yuzu photoshops this way:

https://kotaku.com/yuzuru-hanyu-would-be-a-good-final-fantasy-character-1823127056/amp

This past week I've saved more than 500 photos of Yuzuru in Pyeongchang- from his arrival at the airport to the practices, Chopin, Seimei, K&C moments, plushies and medal ceremonies, fluff, interviews, press conferences and media appearances.

I’ve uploaded them all in this album and I want to share them with you all

https://photos.google.com/share/AF1QipMmPm1xOwyOmRdMpcBjgG4cZt274LWyX3kAgjuQPxZMqRz3zaX1UCEbuP43B1wUqA?key=YloyUlF4WHBnUktLVFdYWlBmQmh2bjhuNzFDTjdB

I'm exhausted but I just had to translate this as best as I could because it was a really incredible interview. I'm filled with a lot of complicated and bittersweet feelings but my admiration for Yuzu is always constant and my respect for what he managed to pull off in Pyeongchang is magnified a thousand times, and it kills me that people outside Japan may not easily be able to find out. But anyway, hopefully by attempting a translation, I'm helping his words reach more people :13877886:(I pretty much feel like Matsuoka who always just looks like he's been clubbed over the head after each Yuzu interview lmao)