General Yuzuru Chat

5 hours ago, getsurenka said:

When they announced Yuzu is the winner, the rating was 46% (highest). This is only second to Mao's silver at 2010 Vancouver which was 46.2% (highest). 2014 Sochi's highest was 23.1%. The average viewership was 33.9% The medal ceremony was 18.5%

ETA: It should be noted that the highest 46% was during the afternoon (2pm) in Japan time.

and I heard the Sochi ones were in the middle of the night, that was why it was 23%.

Hi, hi!

Still riding on the rush of Zu's becoming GOAT!!!

I posted my longest posted yet (500ish words) on one of my social media account, finally letting people around me know that my obsession with Zu is waaay more intense than they ever think it was.:laughing:

I got 2 comments so far, both from casual Olympics viewer.

One is my former professor, a 70+ yo caucasian, recently retired academic. 

"Hi (my name), yes, we watched Hanyu just by chance. Brilliant. Great that you enjoyed his performance. (signed his initials)"

One is my former colleague, a 40+ yo caucasian, elementary school teacher.

"Yes I saw him too. He was beautiful to watch. Stunning!"

I am so so happy to hear such comments!

There were also emoticons reactions, 10 of them so far.

My friend (who complain about Zagitova's high score for her FS at the Team Event - former ballet dancer, she was rather upset with the supposed ballet program) basically said something along the line of "Now, I see what you mean. This deserves that score. Look at his lines, expression, and the decision in each of his moves! *flailing hands* This program is so unlike the others', too! He looks like a porcelain doll but ready to go to a battle and win - how?! And look at all the Poohs! Is there Eeyore?!!!" (she is an Eeyore-manic, lmao! She was wearing an Eeyore snugly blanket:smiley-laughing021:) She watched only the FS. I am showing her the SP when we meet.

So, there. There are people who can more than appreciate Zu despite not following this sport closely.

2 hours ago, getsurenka said:

Unseen footage from last summer?

nooo it is complicated to watch this...it was just half year ago...Yuzu sounded so confident, he just peaked and he was looking forward to the future..

now we get "end is getting closer":sadPooh: but I trust him that he will come back as usual.

1 hour ago, Syless Jinx said:

Robbed the gold medal from who?  If he got second to Shoma, it’s is still a Japanese on top!  And Javi wasn’t close...neither was Nathan for that matter. :darklordyuzu: I’m sorry but those people who hated on sotnikova need to find better excuses. 

No, our Zu had a definite win...10 points higher!!!:angrypooh:

5 hours ago, Moria Polonius said:

Omg, did this happen during Shoma's FS? How did I miss it? Where was this broadcast?

Well, hell. Embedding didn't work.

https://streamable.com/s/a5gjv/gyzcvp

Javi must have his skates on...our baby cried like a baby.:sadPooh:

On 2/17/2018 at 6:32 AM, Hanmgse said:

We just can't know that. People say if he didnt have that short he would have won BUT if he skated well in his short he probably wouldn't have had that long because remember he said he was able to give that permornace because he had nothing to loose. Had he still be a contender things would have been different. 

On 2/17/2018 at 6:36 AM, yuzupon said:

Nah, the 'if only' scenario can also be played like this:

'if only Zu didn't botch his 4T-Lo-3S combo...'

'if only Zu didn't have to ditched 4Lo and 4Lz...'

'if only judges judge fairly and consistently...'

The fact still stands. Chen did botch his SP, which imo, was him not being able to handle the pressure put on him, among other things.

Zu's gold is his. Not a gift from anyone else.

ETA: the other 'if only' is also said by @Hanmgse

speaking of the if only scenario..Yuzu said it was not stamina which caused the 4T combo and 3lz issues (and maybe those level 3s and some GOEs), but the ankle problem...what this means is, if Yuzu's ankle was good during competition, he might clean...:bow: => controlled the competition like 15GPF => his mental strength went to another level for sure.:bow:

1 minute ago, SSS said:

The fact still stands. Chen did botch his SP, which imo, was him not being able to handle the pressure put on him, among other things.

Zu's gold is his. Not a gift from anyone else.

Also don't forget all our other skaters that held their ground and put out smashing skates. They all did it and earned their medals / placements, people should accept that they displayed true strength and talent when it came to the crunch and stop their delusions just because Chen didn't do as well as them. Zu aside, he also didn't beat Shoma, Javier and Boyang, who all withstood the incredible Olympic pressure.