General Yuzuru Chat

8 hours ago, beki said:

I’m not worried about Yuzu’s medical care. Of course he’ll get the best. It’s not even a question. I think there’s only so much detail we need to hear, even after the diagnosis is more sure. It’s still someone’s private medical information.

Meanwhile, I hope he enjoys the rest of the Olympics. Wouldn’t it be great if he watched ladies? No need to rush off to rehabilitation immediately. Bask in the moment a bit.

Nathan disparaging ice dancing doesn’t anger me, just because I could already tell artistry doesn’t interest him. We’ll have to see if his Olympic experience has shaken or confirmed his views. I too am rooting for Boyang.

Patrick’s confession that he hated Yuzu in the past actually did show character growth to me. I could perceive it at the time.

I am here for Yuzu giving the judges murderface from the stands after Satton's skate, daring them to lowball her on PCS. Call her UR (fingers crossed for miracle of none but let's be realistic), by all means. Give her the damn PCS though, anybody saying Alina deserves higher on anything but TR deserves Yuzu murderface in all its terrifying glory. It might be good for him to just stay put and relax for a few days, too. His ankle must have inflammation after what he put it through, he'll need to rest it properly before any actual treatment can start. But he and his ankle will get the best care, that I do believe. I believe he will come back, too. I am looking forward to watching him and worrying only about whether he'll pop his jumps, that seems almost relaxing now. We won't have to worry about whether his foot is in fact superglued and duct-taped to the rest of him and stuffed into his boot. We'll only have to worry about him popping jumps. That sounds so good to me right now! 

Did Nathan really say that? Has competing with Yuzu - who has landed everything Nathan has, except for 4F, but call me when Nathan lands a really good 3A and then we'll talk - not taught him anything? Has his six-quad programme's score being soundly and roundly beaten by Yuzu's four-quad H&L not taught him anything? Maybe US fed can start a jumping competition? And how insulting to Jason Brown, too, to say that. Seriously, did he really say that? He should've chosen another winter sport, then! The boy must've been a terrible ballet student if that's how he views artistry.

I think Patrick's confession was funny, but I understand where it comes from. He's used to focusing on himself, so he will do that, I guess. But it's not a bad thing now that he's using that particular trait to admit a few hard truths. It came across as acknowledging how he has changed and grown, and he wouldn't be Patrick if he didn't mention that, would he?

1 minute ago, robin said:

Like @SparkleSalad said, we don't need to defend Yuzu. Defense comes from a place of insecurity and that is absolutely not warranted in this case. Yuzu is GOAT. Period.

Yeah but anybody who has a Twitter account please do hit report on the death threats, if you see them. That is seriously not cool and people who make death threats on social media should be taken off social media. 

hace 44 minutos , Lambari said:

I found it: https://globoplay.globo.com/v/6511809/   Tell me if it's geoblocked, but if is you can set Hola to Brazil or use another VPN tool.

Here's a translation of it I did right now:

Intro:

At the Winter Olympics of South Korea, a japanese moved the audience and was rewarded with the two-time Olympic champion title in figure skating.

The feature:

Who sees Yuzuru Hanyu sliding through the ice with so much assurance/elegance/agility on the ice can’t even imagine. 4 months prior to this he could barely walk.

Reporter:  The Japanese skater suffered a serious injury on his ankle and the calendar marked: November of 2017. To dispute the winter Olympic games would be already a feat. Defend the Olympic title, something almost impossible.

Cuts to him receiving the score.

Almost …

Because Hanyu did it. He made history. 317.85 points, Adding the short program and the free program. A tremendous score. Obtained because he harmonized his movements with the music, he worked on his expressions, on his interpretation. The sport isn’t called “Artistic” skating by chance (It’s “Artistic skating”, Patinação Artística in portuguese, just like in french and spanish)  This [artistry] is important.

At the technical part, he showed that the injury was behind him. Hanyu executed 4 jumps like these, called “Quads”, with 4 complete revolutions in the air.  

Cuts to Yuzuru talking.

“I knew that I had to do what I could, not what I would want to. I couldn’t train too much. But I knew that If I hit some specific movements, my performance would work.“

It was easy to see that it did work when the ice ended up covered with these little bears. A tradition of the sport. They are launched by the public after a rapturous performance.

The judges only echoed what the audience already pointed out. The young man of 23 years old, that paraded here in Peyongchang, already has a curriculum to be considered one of the best skaters of all time.

12 worlds records.   (I like how he said it while there’s a slow motion shot of Yuzuru with his hands together)

The first two-time Olympic champion since 1952.

Yuzuru Hanyu is an artist of the ice.

And he has style… Even to climb on the podium. 

------

It was short but nice. My mom liked it a lot. 

This was the evening news. As I've said there was another one for the noon but I can't translate right now. 

https://globoplay.globo.com/v/6510339/

I found the Yuzuru and Javier one! There are some clips of when they talked about each other in the press conference

Just now, SparkleSalad said:

Not cool and also illegal.

In most places with laws that have adapted to the webbernets age, yes, definitely. Reporting isn't engaging with them, which makes no actual difference because they usually want attention, but there's no reason why we shouldn't use the report button when it exists. And Twitter keeps saying they're going to tackle hate speech blah blah, right? Well, they can do it now.

40 minutes ago, cinemacoconut said:

Im not telling you guys to fight the haters, but just to leave one comment for yuzu that there r in fact supporters and fans for yuzu and that he deserves the gold medal. Because right now the comment sections are calling him a gold medal robber. Which is absurd.

Robbed the gold medal from who?  If he got second to Shoma, it’s is still a Japanese on top!  And Javi wasn’t close...neither was Nathan for that matter. :darklordyuzu: I’m sorry but those people who hated on sotnikova need to find better excuses.