General Yuzuru Chat

Hanyu said hes really into psychology and studies alot for his mental strength so I am more excited about his future even if he gets older. Even if his body might not be as young i think his mental strength will get stronger and stronger. Mentality is soo important for a clean skate in olympics so I am looking foward to Beijing if Hanyu enters. 

hace 54 minutos , Lambari said:

I love family reactions. I've never got other people to watch FS with me, I've only perturbed people giving them links of videos sometimes. This Olympics it was kind of impossible to get them to watch the men's event because as I've said it was in the middle of the night. The day after he won there was a feature at the most watched TV news program and my mom called me to see asking "Is he your son??"  And she cried because the feature talked about his injury. It was a great little feature though, it gushed about him quite a bit.  I searched afterwards and the sports program at noon had too a 2min little section on Javier-Yuzuru rivarly/friendship.  I didn't expect it since well this is South America after all, but it was nice.  I have a feeling that there's a lot of hidden casual once in 4 years viewers here though.  

Which country are you from/on which channel was it? I'm asking since I'm South American too and I'm sad I missed that on TV

25 minutes ago, SparkleSalad said:

We shouldn't have to defend him, whoever is running the official account should be doing a better job of it, reporting those people and having them banned, or disabling comments completely if they can't manage the account properly. Don't contact insane people, contact the official account first to get them to moderate things.

They arents replying I have tried. As a fan we can defend him online by leaving nice comments for him at the official olympic instagram. 

1 minute ago, cinemacoconut said:

Please help defend yuzu from racist korean haters in the comments section. The account manager is doing NOTHING in this violent hate message parade it is outrageously violent!!!!

Hey, hey, there's really nothing that changes by responding to haters and trolls. It's ok. Yuzu will probably not get to see this and these people are not worth our time or anger

1 hour ago, Forcefield said:

Getting a clip of the feature may be impossible, but really I'd love to see it. Very glad that South America actually cared enough to cover a bit of it. 

I found it: https://globoplay.globo.com/v/6511809/   Tell me if it's geoblocked, but if is you can set Hola to Brazil or use another VPN tool.

Here's a translation of it I did right now:

Intro:

At the Winter Olympics of South Korea, a japanese moved the audience and was rewarded with the two-time Olympic champion title in figure skating.

The feature:

Who sees Yuzuru Hanyu sliding through the ice with so much assurance/elegance/agility on the ice can’t even imagine. 4 months prior to this he could barely walk.

Reporter:  The Japanese skater suffered a serious injury on his ankle and the calendar marked: November of 2017. To dispute the winter Olympic games would be already a feat. Defend the Olympic title, something almost impossible.

Cuts to him receiving the score.

Almost …

Because Hanyu did it. He made history. 317.85 points, Adding the short program and the free program. A tremendous score. Obtained because he harmonized his movements with the music, he worked on his expressions, on his interpretation. The sport isn’t called “Artistic” skating by chance (It’s “Artistic skating”, Patinação Artística in portuguese, just like in french and spanish)  This [artistry] is important.

At the technical part, he showed that the injury was behind him. Hanyu executed 4 jumps like these, called “Quads”, with 4 complete revolutions in the air.  

Cuts to Yuzuru talking.

“I knew that I had to do what I could, not what I would want to. I couldn’t train too much. But I knew that If I hit some specific movements, my performance would work.“

It was easy to see that it did work when the ice ended up covered with these little bears. A tradition of the sport. They are launched by the public after a rapturous performance.

The judges only echoed what the audience already pointed out. The young man of 23 years old, that paraded here in Pyeongchang, already has a curriculum to be considered one of the best skaters of all time.

12 worlds records.   (I like how he said it while there’s a slow motion shot of Yuzuru with his hands together)

The first two-time Olympic champion since 1952.

Yuzuru Hanyu is an artist of the ice.

And he has style… Even to climb on the podium. 

------

It was short but nice. My mom liked it a lot. 

This was the evening news. As I've said there was another one for the noon but I can't translate right now. 

1 minute ago, robin said:

Hey, hey, there's really nothing that changes by responding to haters and trolls. It's ok. Yuzu will probably not get to see this and these people are not worth our time or anger

Koreans are dominating the olympics official account with hate messages for yuzu because yuzu fans are not caring at all he is being bashed for no justified reason. The more we do nothing the more they make up false lies about him. I think as yuzu fans its ok to stand up to racist hatred on an official olympics account. Its not acceptable for the host country to be so rude to a gold medalist in this way