General Yuzuru Chat

8 hours ago, turquoiseblue said:

From this I think we can kind of piece together his state of mind. He started his rehab thinking he could get back to 100%, but that took a lot longer than initial diagnosis. Well after not improving 1-2 months off ice, he tries to get back in shape, things worsen (bone inflammation) and that's when he starts getting the dark thoughts he mentioned such as "what if I have to retire now without my OGM."  Of course his body may not have fully cooperated since it was now used to not landing quads, being bent for 2-3 hours per day (my kneecaps were in pain when I fully started back ice skating). Then he finally gets this diagnosis from the doctor telling him this is as good as his ankle will be, his thoughts crystallize and he goes back to training, on and off ice in earnest (maybe around early Jan for this), and that is how he ended up in PC and got his OGM.

So now, we know he needs more than 2 months of full rest to recover, and if he skips worlds and shows this summer, he's got around 6 months before next season starts. He can get a full look at his ankle, knees and full right leg to see what happens. He also has those 2 months experience so he knows how to keep himself in good shape. He mentioned biking being one way to keep his muscles fit. And I remember a lot of female skaters do pilates and yoga as part of off-ice training. Yuzu has tons of options. =)

When there is a will there is a way. 

As for reactions-there were a couple of colleagues whom I don't think watch figure skating, ping back at me "Your Yuzuru Hanyu defended his OGM title, congrats. "

Guys help!!!!

Racist Koreans are leaving death threat messages for yuzuru on Pyeonchang olympics instagram by the thousands just because he is Japanese.

Please follow the link above and leave nice messages for yuzu and help me defend him.

There is a girl who is constantly leaving death threat messages on instagram. 

[omitted]

Moderator edit: As per our forum rules it is not permitted to call out users from other platforms.

2 hours ago, Moria Polonius said:

Omg, did this happen during Shoma's FS? How did I miss it? Where was this broadcast?

Well, hell. Embedding didn't work.

https://streamable.com/s/a5gjv/gyzcvp

I don't think either this or the Boyang hug got broadcast live, but there were cameras in the green room and I guess either TV stations had their own cameras or they had access to the footage from the official cameras.

The Yuzu and Javi moment first got broadcast by NTV, as a small filler after the flower ceremony (I think?) and then again in a news show, but it was shorter.

This version was uploaded by NBC on their site (but as it was geoblocked, fans shared it in other ways).

The Boyang hug I think was broadcast by CCTV, probably as part of their review coverage?

(And I can't put in words what this scene does to me...)

I can't believe the amount of press that Yuzu and Shoma are doing. I can't keep up with it. :drama:

So I saw this on tumblr and I can never get enough of Yuzu's interactions with everybody. AND I NEED to see Yuzu's reactions to watching tv/media coverage about him.

(Like, his documentary for instance. No wonder he said that thing about the media. He must know when they get something wrong, or twist something wrong.)

tumblr_p4dnarmtsI1ridwdyo2_540.gif

Please click on the link for the entire translated gifset (and Yuzu teaching how to do his spin) because I don't want to copy everything, here: http://tsukihoshi14.tumblr.com/post/171037759308/yuzuru-talked-about-how-to-execute-his-entry-to

5 minutes ago, KatjaThera said:

I don't think either this or the Boyang hug got broadcast live, but there were cameras in the green room and I guess either TV stations had their own cameras or they had access to the footage from the official cameras.

The Yuzu and Javi moment first got broadcast by NTV, as a small filler after the flower ceremony (I think?) and then again in a news show, but it was shorter.

This version was uploaded by NBC on their site (but as it was geoblocked, fans shared it in other ways).

The Boyang hug I think was broadcast by CCTV, probably as part of their review coverage?

I hope someone can save and share all the extra footage. :snonegai:

52 minutes ago, cinemacoconut said:

Guys help!!!!

Racist Koreans are leaving death threat messages for yuzuru on Pyeonchang olympics instagram by the thousands just because he is Japanese.

Please follow the link above and leave nice messages for yuzu and help me defend him.

There is a girl who is constantly leaving death threat messages on instagram. 

[omitted]

Moderator edit: As per our forum rules it is not permitted to call out users from other platforms.

We shouldn't have to defend him, whoever is running the official account should be doing a better job of it, reporting those people and having them banned, or disabling comments completely if they can't manage the account properly. Don't contact insane people, contact the official account first to get them to moderate things.

6 minutes ago, KatjaThera said:

1 minute ago, SparkleSalad said:

I hope someone can save and share all the extra footage. :snonegai:

Apparently he hugged Nathan too, and NBC(?) shared the clip and I can't believe I didn't save it! And I tried looking for it and I can't even find it anymore. :tumblr_inline_ncmif7esGm1rpglid:

I'm sure he hugged Shoma too. Would have been nice, to have all of that lined up - Yuzu's hugs with Nathan, Javi, Boyang, and Shoma. Total player sportsmanship.

6 minutes ago, Forcefield said:

Apparently he hugged Nathan too, and NBC(?) shared the clip and I can't believe I didn't save it! And I tried looking for it and I can't even find it anymore. :tumblr_inline_ncmif7esGm1rpglid:

I'm sure he hugged Shoma too. Would have been nice, to have all of that lined up - Yuzu's hugs with Nathan, Javi, Boyang, and Shoma. Total player sportsmanship.

I think the Nathan hug was in the broadcast, in the NHK one at least. Because it came just after Javi's score was announced and before Shoma started. I think I also saw a Shoma hug, but it was after all hell broke loose and the camera angles were weird. Yuzu was trying to hug and greet people while also putting his skates back on - not to mention crying, so...

Javi and Boyang hugs weren't shown because the spotlight was rightfully on Shoma then, so they showed them later.