General Yuzuru Chat

5 minutes ago, SparkleSalad said:

I'm still trying not to cry today and I still can't believe it. :biggrin: I wish I had someone to celebrate properly with. 

im back at work today and you have no idea how hard it is to concentrate or to not grab someone and shout in their face "YUZURU HANYU. TWO TIME OGM. G O A T. DO YOU KNOW"

:dpooh:

1 minute ago, dorkyiceprince said:

im back at work today and you have no idea how hard it is to concentrate or to not grab someone and shout in their face "YUZURU HANYU. TWO TIME OGM. G O A T. DO YOU KNOW"

:dpooh:

>_> Do it. I'm kind of tempted to paint a giant mural of him in the city. We are the "street art capital of the world" apparently, so I think I could get away with it. >_>

Sharing some reactions from some casual viewers (ie my family).

They don't know much about FS. The only time I've spoken with them about Hanyu, it's about "my skater dude" because they can't remember his name and I only talk about (more like bemoan) his unfortunate circumstances (his injuries). As well, we watched the men's final group separately (and I didn't even force any of them to watch!) - two of my sisters on the big TV, a third sister with her husband at their house, and myself in my room streaming. So they had no explanations or "biased" interference from me.

They all thought Hanyu's skating was above everyone else and he was the rightful winner. The third sister's husband thought Hanyu was elegant and beautiful, and also a level above the field. The third sister love Hanyu's hydroblade (and I think I've successfully converted her into a casual Fanyu since after that she started researching him on her own.) They knew nothing about jumps, but were put off by Shoma's jumps/landings and thought he should have scored below Javi. They loved Hanyu's jumps.

Anyway, they're still indifferent about figure skating but I was happy with the Hanyu praise. :embSwan:

Under spoiler tag since it's a couple pages back..

Spoiler
9 hours ago, xeyra said:

I must have missed it if it exists, but is there video of that first 15min training session of him doing a bit of figures?

I don't think so. That was during the first practice with 1T,1F,1Lz,1S,1Lo, 3A *mic drop* wasn't it? Then that one wasn't streamed.

9 hours ago, Lambari said:

And I have a question, does anyone have links of the Japanese news? I've already seen some of their long interviews on Youtube.  I lost my bookmars and can't remember the name of those dailymotion channels that always posted news.

There's a thread that was started: here. For DM I usually go to YzRiko, hana02015. And then there's the yuzu_pino twitter account.

1 hour ago, Lambari said:

I know this has nothing to do with the topic at the moment, but does anyone know new Yuzuru tributes that we had from other skaters? I mean programs and costumes. I had a list a while back about them and I'll add them later If I have time to find new ones.   I found out there was a thread here with a few of them, but are there more?  I know of Vincen't R&J at least.   

I don't think there's a comprehensive thread here like the post you did at GS but there is a general FS covers and tributes thread (with Yuzu as well as other skaters in it).

My sister is a convert too. She lives in Toronto and so I always jokingly tell her to keep an eye out for "my little Japanese boy. " She's pretty busy and had no clue who he was, although being a figure skating fan from years ago she knows about TCC and Brian and that he trains there. On Friday night she called me around midnight (during the final flight) and gushed, " oh, I looove him!! He is so cute, he is so good " etc..  My mom is more of a Shoma fan, though, which is also fine. At least they are all aware!!

My family also know skating thanks to me and they ask me always about competitions haha. My sister is also fan of Yuzuru since I'm always talking about him and she watches some competitions with me. She is always rooting for him. My mom always says she doesn't like his costumes lol she is not interested in men's skating in general. My father thinks he is great and that he has a great presence, he is a medvedeva fan LOOOL.

47 minutes ago, Forcefield said:

Sharing some reactions from some casual viewers (ie my family).

They don't know much about FS. The only time I've spoken with them about Hanyu, it's about "my skater dude" because they can't remember his name and I only talk about (more like bemoan) his unfortunate circumstances (his injuries). As well, we watched the men's final group separately (and I didn't even force any of them to watch!) - two of my sisters on the big TV, a third sister with her husband at their house, and myself in my room streaming. So they had no explanations or "biased" interference from me.

They all thought Hanyu's skating was above everyone else and he was the rightful winner. The third sister's husband thought Hanyu was elegant and beautiful, and also a level above the field. The third sister love Hanyu's hydroblade (and I think I've successfully converted her into a casual Fanyu since after that she started researching him on her own.) They knew nothing about jumps, but were put off by Shoma's jumps/landings and thought he should have scored below Javi. They loved Hanyu's jumps.

Anyway, they're still indifferent about figure skating but I was happy with the Hanyu praise. :embSwan:

I love family reactions. I've never got other people to watch FS with me, I've only perturbed people giving them links of videos sometimes. This Olympics it was kind of impossible to get them to watch the men's event because as I've said it was in the middle of the night. The day after he won there was a feature at the most watched TV news program and my mom called me to see asking "Is he your son??"  And she cried because the feature talked about his injury. It was a great little feature though, it gushed about him quite a bit.  I searched afterwards and the sports program at noon had too a 2min little section on Javier-Yuzuru rivarly/friendship.  I didn't expect it since well this is South America after all, but it was nice.  I have a feeling that there's a lot of hidden casual once in 4 years viewers here though.  

5 minutes ago, Lambari said:

I love family reactions. I've never got other people to watch FS with it, I've only perturbed people giving them links of videos sometimes. This Olympics it was kind of impossible to get them to watch the men's event because as I've said it was in the middle of the night. The day after he won there was a feature at the most watched TV news program and she called me to see asking "Is he your son??"  And she cried because the feature talked about his injury. It was a great little feature though. I searched afterwards and the sports program at the noon had too a 2min little section on Javier-Yuzuru rivarly/frinedship.  I didn't expect it since well this is South America after all, but it was nice.  I have a feeling that there's a lot of hidden casual once in 4 years viewers here though.  

Getting a clip of the feature may be impossible, but really I'd love to see it. Very glad that South America actually cared enough to cover a bit of it.