General Yuzuru Chat

5 minutes ago, fireovertheice said:

Wow: I didn't remember that the skaters were not hugging and were also smiling so little at each other. What a difference with this Oly's podium!. I have to say the the top men have shown a magnificent attitude as athlete and as persons here: kudos again to them.:tumblr_inline_mto5i4jHv61qid2nw:

Yes! It helps thay Yuzu and shoma are from the same country and Javi and Yuzu are teammates so they are a closer.

I know this has nothing to do with the topic at the moment, but does anyone know new Yuzuru tributes that we had from other skaters? I mean programs and costumes. I had a list a while back about them and I'll add them later If I have time to find new ones.   I found out there was a thread here with a few of them, but are there more?  I know of Vincen't R&J at least.   

8 hours ago, liv said:

Calm, calm. Just because he said the doctor told him he could not help him more, it does not mean he meant never.  He may have just meant that in their current situation, with the Olympics coming up, he could do no more.. as in, in that specific time frame nothing more was possible. The doctor could hardly tell him to rest more, or that he needed surgery etc., because there was no time left for any of that. At that point Yuzu realized he had to deal with his situation right then and train, and not think that it would get better... it was as good as it was going to get before the Olympics. Now that Olympic are over, there is time for rest/surgery/therapy etc..

This. I'm gonna hide my full response because I know I'm a few pages behind lol

Spoiler

I know anecdotes are not helpful but the situation with Yuzuru being told by a doctor that his ankle may not recover and Yuzuru's response apparently being to not give up, do what he can and see what happens reminds me of something that happened to a favourite singer of mine. This singer got vocal chord paresis. After being checked for cancer and undergoing a bunch of tests he was told the cause was unknown and it couldn't be treated and he would never sing again. He went to three other doctors to see what could be done, did a period of complete vocal rest, and went through months of medication and rehabilitation. The paresis reversed, he kept his singing career and his voice was largely unchanged except maybe a little loss of range in his higher notes.

One doctor saying the ankle may not improve is not a sign that all hope is lost. Yuzuru doesn't seem to think so and is not giving up. He doesn't seem to want to retire. I think he has time if he pulls out of Worlds (and maybe skips the next GP) to get the right leg/ankle/foot totally checked, the get whatever treatment he needs, to take whatever rest he needs and to complete the rehabilitation he needs. Even if he ends up having to miss most or all of next season...I think he just proved that he can do that and come back without falling behind. The prospect of YUzuru missing a season worries me a bit because of what happened with Patrick but....Yuzuru is not Patrick. The field can't really change much at this point, next season will likely be a mess as certain rule changes are enforced and athletes try to adapt to them. He might not need to take a season off or even skip GP but if he does I think it'll be fine.

EDIT: oh his doctor didn't say that.

Well i guess accepting the possibility it might not improve and deciding to try and do everything possible to get as fit as he can be is a thing too. He's not giving up.  

9 minutes ago, Moria Polonius said:

<div style="width: 100%; height: 0px; position: relative; padding-bottom: 56.250%;"><iframe src="https://streamable.com/s/a5gjv/gyzcvp" frameborder="0" width="100%" height="100%" allowfullscreen style="width: 100%; height: 100%; position: absolute;"></iframe></div>

Omg, did this happen during Shoma's FS? How did I miss it? Where was this broadcast?

Well, hell. Embedding didn't work.

https://streamable.com/s/a5gjv/gyzcvp

:13877886:man It just started hitting that we might not see more Javi/Yuzu interactions in competitions anymore. Excuse me while I cry.

51 minutes ago, fireovertheice said:

Wow: I didn't remember that the skaters were not hugging and were also smiling so little at each other. What a difference with this Oly's podium!. I have to say the the top men have shown a magnificent attitude as athlete and as persons here: kudos again to them.:tumblr_inline_mto5i4jHv61qid2nw:

Eh. I think any of the current guys who could have won any place in the podium, including Nathan or Boyang would be extremely grateful and considerate with his fellow skaters. I bet Yuzu would have hugged everyone even if he was silver or bronze medalist. Sochi was a cold cold place literally.