General Yuzuru Chat

Just now, MrPudding said:

google translate says that he got more than 2000 poohs and that it took them 4 cars to transport it.. 

I'm also waiting for an actual translation :laughing:

:embSwan: OMG  :))  Two . Thousands. Poohs . Yuzuru's fans  are  as extra  as  him.

25 minutes ago, Hydroblade said:

You forget that he loves skating and loves the thrill of the competition. He said himself that he thought about the possibility of being forced to retire and he was like "what am I going to do now..." Skating is his life, I don't think he's going to give that up easily.

Well he has 3 more years if he wants to get married by 26 :dpooh::LOL:

3 minutes ago, Aotoshiro said:

Just not with the bald cap please! 

LOOOOOOL NOT THAT OH GOD NO. 

I was hoping for the tall hat (I forgot the name of it I'm so sorry!). Kanmuri? I think the Eboshi was for priests?? (I'm a bit of a novice on Japanese History i'm very sorry :slinkaway:)

I do not take his being so open about his injuries as prepping his fans for any major announcement (wel, maybe for not going to Worlds), rather, I see it as he is finally able to be open and honest now that the goal is achieved and he thinks fans won't worry so much about his condition (we will always worry). He is so used to hiding things because he is competing and does not want to make excuses, but now there is no reason to hide. It can also be cathartic to talk about things that have been kept inside, to lessen the burden, so I think it is just him being open now that there is no reason for secrecy. And, his success over his trials can serve as motivation and inspiration for so many people... he likes psychology so I am sure he is aware of how much of an impact his statements can make. 

Please, everyone, try not to panic about translated Tweets, especially from accounts that have misworded or misinterpreted things in the past. :) 

In my experience, success of physical rehab has so, so, soooo much to do with state of mind. I went through a program myself, though not for such an accute injury, and without a doubt, those most motivated and optimistic progressed the furthest and the fastest. This fellow has a stronger mind than anyone I've ever seen. He will wrangle rehab into submission and then hydroblade across its face, maybe a couple of light 4As. Well, we can at least know he won't give up until he's healed as much as physically possible. Have faith.

To quote Brian "Never underestimate Mr Hanyu."

To quote Javi "His brain is pretty good." :rofl:

6 minutes ago, SparkleSalad said:

Please, everyone, try not to panic about translated Tweets, especially from accounts that have misworded or misinterpreted things in the past. :) 

In my experience, success of physical rehab has so, so, soooo much to do with state of mind. I went through a program myself, though not for such an accute injury, and without a doubt, those most motivated and optimistic progressed the furthest and the fastest. This fellow has a stronger mind than anyone I've ever seen. He will wrangle rehab into submission and then hydroblade across its face, maybe a couple of light 4As. Well, we can at least know he won't give up until he's healed as much as physically possible. Have faith.

To quote Brian "Never underestimate Mr Hanyu."

To quote Javi "His brain is pretty good." :rofl:

I work In rehab. ITA.

I couldn’t care less about the opinions of people who think what this young man has done isn’t the most wonderful thing in the world, let alone in skating. GOAT human, to me. :P What does bother me is the lazy reporting around the world that is obviously just patched together from a bunch of US articles which list 5th place Nathan Chen’s name above Hanyu’s in the HEADLINE and dedicate all of one sentence to both Javi and Shoma so they can dedicate the rest to Nathan.

7 hours ago, Sammie said:

Omg. What Yuzu must be feeling the moment the doctor said he was sorry and it won’t get any better. :sadPooh:

I don’t understand what this statement mean...I am scared...

since the the first pain killer interview.

but

the good thing is we still have 4A... as a person who started believing destiny and superstition because of Yuzu... I have hope

3 minutes ago, SSS said:

I don’t understand what this statement mean...I am scared...

since the the first pain killer interview

Some users have written it probably means he was just not going to heal completely for Olympics not that it means he won't ever heal. 

3 hours ago, b138oo said:

The thing I worry the most about Yuzu’s current battle with his injury is I am afraid he would give up. I knew he would win his battle against Boston injury bc he hadn’t fulfilled his goal, which was this 2nd OGM. However, just like he said in post-OGM interviews that he seemed to have fulfilled each goal he was aiming for. He only had his childhood dream, the 4A, as his motivation. And that, I’m afraid, wouldn’t be enough for him to win this battle. I think he realised that himself, thus he shared his worries about his injury so open like this. This is gonna be a long and exhausting battle. The emotional struggle would be harsh and I don’t know if he would want to go through that once again after Boston, especially now that he has reached his goals. I know he said he wanted to try to overcome this injury and I want to believe him, but if later we find out this injury is so much worse than it was, I think I would understand if he decides to stop.

I feel like he just started his peak :sadPooh:in 17WC... god please don’t let injury to stop this...