General Yuzuru Chat

Back to fluff mode.

don’t u guys think it’s time for Yuzu to replace those Canadian silvers hanging on his bedroom wall with his 2 Oly golds  :smiley-love017:

and i just want to share my adoration to Yuzu. I think it’s super amazing that he has 2 Oly attempts and he gets gold for both of them  :goe:

31 minutes ago, b138oo said:

The thing I worry the most about Yuzu’s current battle with his injury is I am afraid he would give up. I knew he would win his battle against Boston injury bc he hadn’t fulfilled his goal, which was this 2nd OGM. However, just like he said in post-OGM interviews that he seemed to have fulfilled each goal he was aiming for. He only had his childhood dream, the 4A, as his motivation. And that, I’m afraid, wouldn’t be enough for him to win this battle. I think he realised that himself, thus he shared his worries about his injury so open like this. This is gonna be a long and exhausting battle. The emotional struggle would be harsh and I don’t know if he would want to go through that once again after Boston, especially now that he has reached his goals. I know he said he wanted to try to overcome this injury and I want to believe him, but if later we find out this injury is so much worse than it was, I think I would understand if he decides to stop.

You forget that he loves skating and loves the thrill of the competition. He said himself that he thought about the possibility of being forced to retire and he was like "what am I going to do now..." Skating is his life, I don't think he's going to give that up easily.

23 minutes ago, KatjaThera said:

Same with gala actually...

He said that he did elements and jumps he shouldn't be doing. A Swan with no jumps and replaced elements would still be very nice, a beautiful swan King gliding over his icy pond 💖

I'd love to see that, would personally mean a lot, but I don't mind.

I don't mind waiting more for him

Just now, b138oo said:

The thing I worry the most about Yuzu’s current battle with his injury is I am afraid he would give up. I knew he would win his battle against Boston injury bc he hadn’t fulfilled his goal, which was this 2nd OGM. However, just like he said in post-OGM interviews that he seemed to have fulfilled each goal he was aiming for. He only had his childhood dream, the 4A, as his motivation. And that, I’m afraid, wouldn’t be enough for him to win this battle. I think he realised that himself, thus he shared his worries about his injury so open like this. This is gonna be a long and exhausting battle. The emotional struggle would be harsh and I don’t know if he would want to go through that once again after Boston, especially now that he has reached his goals. I know he said he wanted to try to overcome this injury and I want to believe him, but if later we find out this injury is so much worse than it was, I think I would understand if he decides to stop.

These  are the thoughts  which  I'm trying  to  push somewhere  ,   to the  backyard  of my consciousness today. After  the  yesterday euphoria    , hearing him speaking  so  openly about  his  injury ,  skating  on strong  painkillers and  not  being able  to  execute  some elements   scared me  , to  say the truth. I have never  heard  him speaking  about injures  like  this -, and  he unfortunately has had  plenty  of them . As if  he is  preparing  us  for  something. Hope  his  greedy for  challenges  self  won't succumb  to  this  situation.

Also I know this is wishful thinking but is it possible he will take part in any promotional events/activities/etc for Tokyo 2020?  Do you think they'd let him take part in something for the upcoming summer olympics? I'm just curious.

Spoiler

ngl, I had a dream that he takes part in the olympic ceremony in one of the little film parts where he's dressed in full Heian or Edo period regalia looking like a Prince narrating small bits of Japanese history :biggrin: LET ME DREAM OKAY!

13 minutes ago, yuzuangel said:

:tumblr_inline_ncmif7esGm1rpglid: this thread :tumblr_inline_ncmif7esGm1rpglid:

is un-catchable.

I swear guys, we're going from elated, to death-worried, to psychological analysis, to economist's analysis (I'm not an economist, I'm kind-of humanist with knack for languages, but I don't think a word of what has been said about TCC tactics have been wrong. I think all the best tacticians in the history would be so proud of it being applied so successfully, too, and I also think it should be included in the clases, somehow) to hopeful, to agreeing, to hopeful, to fighting, to elated, to despairing...all in a span of like, two pages, and the cycle repeats itself and squish has no time to fix itself properly, when it's squished again... it's crazy how it is caused by exactly one person... I wonder if we expected the flood to be this crazy these three months ago.

Re: injury. Warning: Wild capitals might appear.

Spoiler

My only take: LET THE BOY REST. EVERYBODY. I don't care, if it's universe, media, injuries, expectations, HE NEEDS TO REST FROM EVERYTHING. Play a game or ten. Re-watch Tokyo Ghoul, catch up on third season or whatever. Spend time in Sendai, WITH FAMILY NOT MEDIA. Skate around with the adorable kiddos. Show off hydroblade. Learn left-footed hydroblade (random thought: What if he relearns jumping clockwise... BUT JUST FOR THE HECK OF IT BRAIN). Spend time cuddled up with pooh and gold medal. Catch up on the studies so that he's not hard pressed by any deadlines.

From what I catch, he's exhausted. And when you're exhausted, even if you accomplish something you wanted all your life, you just feel tired. And Yuzu, being Yuzu, tries to force himself to feel something other, and since everybody says it's satisfaction you usually feel after successes he tries to make himself feel that, but exhaustion creeps in, so it mixes with feeling we catch as r-word instead of break from the fame.

Once he RESTS, his feelings settle down, and his brains, being his, starts working on thinking up reasons for which he should go back to all that he has been resting from. Like: he loves competing. He loves ice. He loves the thrill. He still got only stSeq3 on a perfected SEIMEI. He needs to get SC gold. He needs a 4CC gold to fill the quota. He needs to create a program for which 4A will be a transition. He still has so much to do, and yet here he is, resting. He will feel jittery. And when he decides to go back, he should receive the same kind of a welcome back he received here at PC: Warm 'okaeri', you were missed, but we love you, no matter what you do, please be yourself. The kind of welcome you just want to smile to, want to say that 'tadaima'

That was my take. Of course, we shouldn't just go for simple preparation for the return. Support should be like a spring, origin of a river. River can dry out, can be enclosed in the ground, but it will continue to exist as long as a spring is still there. If the river is the cheers during the competition, the career relevance to a sport being brought up over and over again or whatever else you do to an active skater, the spring is what you do when they have no competitions, no performances to offer back to you: selfless action, as small as keeping them in your thought, or as big as creating fan projects, meetings, campaigns...

How come I have written this in one take when my 1k words report awaits it's third take... excuse the word overflow please!:81:

There have been so many topics mentioned previously, I will need a whole day to catch up and make a notes what I want to add, and I'm not going to be able to that in the next few days...I fully expect having to go through another few hundred pages by the time I will be back to being able to write longassy posts like this without threatening my mobile :biggrin: This Planet is life.

1 minute ago, Lanvin said:

Also I know this is wishful thinking but is it possible he will take part in any promotional events/activities/etc for Tokyo 2020?  Do you think they'd let him take part in something for the upcoming summer olympics? I'm just curious.

He could be one of the torch bearers, iirc Kim Yuna did it for London 2012(?)