General Yuzuru Chat

31 minutes ago, Hanmgse said:

This is super random and off topic but Do you think we'll see Yuzuru at tokyo olympics? Like in the opening ceremony or something?

I don’t know about opening ceremony bc I’ve never seen a Winter Oly athlete at Summer Oly tbh. But I’m pretty sure he would be everywhere to promote it. 

Reading the last few posts, I guess someone needs to be sent to TCC and maybe take some classes with Tracy? Hahaha but yeah guys this the place to be excited and emo about Yuzu, let’s keep it that way. 

The thing I worry the most about Yuzu’s current battle with his injury is I am afraid he would give up. I knew he would win his battle against Boston injury bc he hadn’t fulfilled his goal, which was this 2nd OGM. However, just like he said in post-OGM interviews that he seemed to have fulfilled each goal he was aiming for. He only had his childhood dream, the 4A, as his motivation. And that, I’m afraid, wouldn’t be enough for him to win this battle. I think he realised that himself, thus he shared his worries about his injury so open like this. This is gonna be a long and exhausting battle. The emotional struggle would be harsh and I don’t know if he would want to go through that once again after Boston, especially now that he has reached his goals. I know he said he wanted to try to overcome this injury and I want to believe him, but if later we find out this injury is so much worse than it was, I think I would understand if he decides to stop.

I'm amused that the Portuguese online media about Yuzuru winning is just as fascinated with the Pooh phenomena as the USA media. All the articles mention Pooh in their titles. One of them basically says "Winnie the Pooh protagonist in Yuzuru Hanyu's story". :laughing:

6 minutes ago, b138oo said:

The thing I worry the most about Yuzu’s current battle with his injury is I am afraid he would give up. I knew he would win his battle against Boston injury bc he hadn’t fulfilled his goal, which was this 2nd OGM. However, just like he said in post-OGM interviews that he seemed to have fulfilled each goal he was aiming for. He only had his childhood dream, the 4A, as his motivation. And that, I’m afraid, wouldn’t be enough for him to win this battle. I think he realised that himself, thus he shared his worries about his injury so open like this. This is gonna be a long and exhausting battle. The emotional struggle would be harsh and I don’t know if he would want to go through that once again after Boston, especially now that he has reached his goals. I know he said he wanted to try to overcome this injury and I want to believe him, but if later we find out this injury is so much worse than it was, I think I would understand if he decides to stop.

I don't think he'll give up without a fight. That's just who he is. I actually wouldn't be surprised if he won't make overcoming this injury his goal, before 4A.

That said, it's not uncommon for athletes to suffer career ending injuries. And even if he heals now, his ankles and knees are already sensitive from multiple injuries. Sadly, that's an athlete's life. But I don't think he'll give up until he really won't have any other choice.

As for flag bearer, I think he'll want to do it, especially since it might be his last chance (even if he heals, he might not continue to Beijing). It'd mean a lot to him. Same with gala actually...

I doubt he will give up. Currently, he is in pain which will affect his skating, competitively or no. He will want his injury to get better because I doubt he wants to spend the rest of his life in pain.. and I doubt he wants to do shows just doing easy triples. There is no timeline for recovery now, no rush or need to stay hidden, so this time will be easier than after Boston.  

Just now, xeyra said:

I'm amused that the Portuguese online media about Yuzuru winning is just as fascinated with the Pooh phenomena as the USA media. All the articles mention Pooh in their titles. One of them basically says "Winnie the Pooh protagonist in Yuzuru Hanyu's story". :laughing:

I'm happy that no one's mocking him over it, and Poohvanlanche is part of Yuzu's legacy that shows the love of Yuzu's fans towards him - though it'd be nice if they could focus on just Yuzu's legacy itself.