General Yuzuru Chat

6 hours ago, somelikeitpink said:

I wouldn't be surprised if he keeps it open until the very end, cause I'm wondering if there isn't a chance he'll want to do it once the exhaustion of Olys is wearing off a little, just because he was unable to do GPF this year. 

Like everyone else here I've been speculating privately about what's next for Yuzu.  The remark here about wanting to get a fifth GPF win (which nobody has done) is perceptive.  Another remark I read earlier brings up the fact that 4CC remains as the only competition of the four major competition he doesn't have gold in.  Plus I have a feeling he'd like to put another Japanese championship under his belt.  In thinking about it I am wondering if he might use next season to tie up a lot of loose ends.  Ideally he should come out of next season as GPF champion, Japanese champion 4CC champion and World Champion.  Add that to current Olympic champion and he could end that season holding every major gold available.  It wouldn't hurt if he actually went through the season undefeated, with gold in both of the GP series events and a gold in whatever Challenger competition he skates in.  If he retires from a season like that there would be almost no one who could deny him, at least for this point in history, as the Greatest of All Time.

7 minutes ago, kaerb said:

okay I MADE THE THREAD (be the change you want to see in the world... :laughing:)

I'll start posting there in a sec but please feel free to maybe DM me the links you have so we can stay organised! 

Thank you that was what i need after so many interviews

1 minute ago, Murieleirum said:

Plot twist: Boyang wins it instead. 

(I'm okay with both Boyang and Shoma winning actually. Poor Shoma still has to win an important gold at an International competition)

I would LOVE for Boyang to win Worlds! And if he can't, I would be quite happy with always-tired Shoma taking gold.

As for Nathan, I just heard about this comment he apparently  made last year:  "If something you really want to watch is artistry, go watch ice dancing," Chen said. "I think with what we're doing now, we're bringing such an athletic aspect to the sport. I'm not saying anyone can be fully artistic, but it's easier to work on things like that than these jumps."

Not going to be rooting for Nathan after reading that.

Just now, GreatLakesGal said:

I would LOVE for Boyang to win Worlds! And if he can't, I would be quite happy with always-tired Shoma taking gold.

As for Nathan, I just heard about this comment he apparently  made last year:  "If something you really want to watch is artistry, go watch ice dancing," Chen said. "I think with what we're doing now, we're bringing such an athletic aspect to the sport. I'm not saying anyone can be fully artistic, but it's easier to work on things like that than these jumps."

Yeah I totally got put off on what he said. 

I want Boyang to win world. He is the only one from the top men not to get a medal at the Olympics. 

I think Yuzu will gladly cheer him on. :tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw:

8 minutes ago, GreatLakesGal said:

If he has said that it is too stupid for words. He has clearly no idea how athletic these ice dancers have to be...

11 minutes ago, GreatLakesGal said:

lmao, if I were an ice dancer, I'd take my artistic foot and introduce it to his athletic butt.

but hey good news US media, Nathan said artistry is easy, you can stop telling us how great he is at it because meh, easy is so last quad

:whiteflag:

(sorry but :smiley-laughing021: things are getting too ridiculous for words)

I’m not worried about Yuzu’s medical care. Of course he’ll get the best. It’s not even a question. I think there’s only so much detail we need to hear, even after the diagnosis is more sure. It’s still someone’s private medical information.

Meanwhile, I hope he enjoys the rest of the Olympics. Wouldn’t it be great if he watched ladies? No need to rush off to rehabilitation immediately. Bask in the moment a bit.

Nathan disparaging ice dancing doesn’t anger me, just because I could already tell artistry doesn’t interest him. We’ll have to see if his Olympic experience has shaken or confirmed his views. I too am rooting for Boyang.

Patrick’s confession that he hated Yuzu in the past actually did show character growth to me. I could perceive it at the time.

2 minutes ago, Pamigena said:

lmao, if I were an ice dancer, I'd take my artistic foot and introduce it to his athletic butt.

+3 GOE 

14 minutes ago, GreatLakesGal said:

I think he's just a kid surrounded by stupid people. I'm sorry but it's no chance that most American athletes have a certain idea of the sport and of themselves. That's why I'm happy to know Gogolev and Jun are with Brian - he can teach them the important things of being athletes of this very special sport. 

More than Nathan, I really cannot stand his coach. He had no comfort words for him at the Kiss and Cry after that SP. He couldn't even look at him. I recognize the signs of 'asshole'ery when I see them. 

To be honest, I am happy that Yuzu is talking about his injury and sharing details even if it is painful to us. The whole experience must have been (and probably still is) very frustrating and depressing and talking about it would help him move on from it to a better mental state. Also, by sharing his struggle, he shuts up any narrative others (mostly the media) would use to belittle his achievement or excuse underperformance by others. Though I admit that his comments about his words being twisted or used to hate on him still bothers me a great deal because it means he did see something like that and it hurt him.

I hope they let him rest and spend time with his family and friends away from stress and skating. He needs to heal emotionally as much as he needs to recover physically. 

13 minutes ago, Murieleirum said:

+3 GOE 

I think he's just a kid surrounded by stupid people. I'm sorry but it's no chance that most American athletes have a certain idea of the sport and of themselves. That's why I'm happy to know Gogolev and Jun are with Brian - he can teach them the important things of being athletes of this very special sport. 

More than Nathan, I really cannot stand his coach. He had no comfort words for him at the Kiss and Cry after that SP. He couldn't even look at him. I recognize the signs of 'asshole'ery when I see them. 

I like your post but I donˋt take being sorrounded by stupid people as an excuse at his age.

The remark was disparaging I think, and not sportsmanlike, not nice. And he is long old enough to know.

Sorry, had to get it off— now going to sleep and will hopefully forget about Nathan and my next thought will be happier:)