General Yuzuru Chat

11 minutes ago, KatjaThera said:

Personally, I choose to interpret that doctor statement as more of a "I'm sorry, but this is as good as it can be at this point, under these circumstances". That could be too much positive thinking, but... yeah.

It'd be incredibly ironic, though... after Sochi, he was saying he definitely doesn't want to compete beyond Pyeongchang. But now that he does, this happens. I do know he'll do everything possible and impossible to heal, though.

PS: on Hero's they had footage of Daisuke Takahashi reaction from the audience and he was crying. I would have loved a hug between them, too...

Are you sure he wasn't crying bc of Shoma? :dozey:

I also have tickets for Milano, but also hope that Yuzu skips Worlds this year. As we all feel, his health comes first and am cautiously optimistic (or as much as anyone can be reading all the news on this forum:smiley_hairpull:) that in time, things should improve. It has all been a rollercoaster, but satellites moral support during this whole competition helped a lot---I was here on the forum all along, but haven't posted much.

On the bright side, I probably won't need to get up so early to attend the mens practices during Worlds and finally after a long time, I can watch the competition stress-free. My husband will be happy to hear that I'd also be willing to do some touristy things instead of spending the whole week at the rink.

A question. I remember a while ago, prior to the season beginning, that JOC/JSF(?) had increased the value of the prize money for the OGM (and other medalists). Anyone remembers how much Yuzu (and Shoma) are going to make from this? :laughing:

On 2018/2/17 at 午後1時53分, meoimaさんが言いました:

I SAID THIS RIGHT AT THE BEGGING OF THIS SEASON THAT PLUSHY MIGHT BE RIGHT. SOMEONE CAN GO BACK AND SEE MY POSTS. 

I believe it was also you who logically predicted that there will be splats from some of the top contenders and intuitively prophesied that amidst that, Hanyu will do all right for himself right from the get-go, when you were providing zen to some here who found themselves caught in a self-induced panic attack. And you were right. On both counts. =)

2 時間前, MrPuddingさんが言いました:

yup felt like being punched in the stomach again..

2 時間前, OhYuzuさんが言いました:

:13877886: Oh... I've been trying to keep calm, then I saw this.  The doctor was saying sorry?! asdfghjkl how the heck did Yuzu handle this all. :tumblr_inline_ncmif7esGm1rpglid::tumblr_inline_ncmif7esGm1rpglid:

2 時間前, ralucutzagyさんが言いました:

wtf ... I feel like crying again ... poor Yuzu ... that f doctor telling him that he wasn't going to get any better ... :tumblr_inline_ncmif7esGm1rpglid: 

From what I fathom from the interview, which I saw, what Hanyu was actually saying is that at some point close to the Olys, he had resigned himself to the fact that he won't be skating with a fully healed ankle and started ingesting painkillers. He felt the need to apologize to the doctor who's been working so hard to cure his ankle all this while but he had to make a decision. If he wanted to skate despite a bum foot, painkillers were his only option.

15 minutes ago, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ said:

From what I fathom from the interview, which I saw, what Hanyu was actually saying is that at some point close to the Olys, he had resigned himself to the fact that he won't be skating with a fully healed ankle and started ingesting painkillers. He felt the need to apologize to the doctor who's been working so hard to cure his ankle all this while but he had to make a decision. If he wanted to skate despite a bum foot, painkillers were his only option.

That makes sense and while of course still not ideal we knew he wasn’t fully healed and back to 100% but it’s a better scenario than “this will never heal period” so I’ll just choose to believe this is the case until he clarifies otherwise 

I just hope what he sacrificed for the OGM didn’t set back or hinder his recovery too much :tumblr_inline_ncmif7esGm1rpglid:

2 minutes ago, kaerb said:

We need to make a media thread with compilation of post-PC videos... there's so much content - clips shared before the full program that are scattered around Twitter - and I still haven't found the post-win presscon with Javi, Yuzu and Shoma :13877886:

Please someone. :13877886:

Just now, GreatLakesGal said:

I think it's a very safe bet that neither Yuzu nor Javi will be attending Worlds this year.

And also a safe bet that Nathan will show up with the intent of winning gold.

Plot twist: Boyang wins it instead. 

(I'm okay with both Boyang and Shoma winning actually. Poor Shoma still has to win an important gold at an International competition)

8 minutes ago, turquoiseblue said:

Goddamit. Tell me it's not the language's fault. Japanese is a language relying heavily on context, so translations are always hard. 

25 minutes ago, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ said:

From what I fathom from the interview, which I saw, what Hanyu was actually saying is that at some point close to the Olys, he had resigned himself to the fact that he won't be skating with a fully healed ankle and started ingesting painkillers. He felt the need to apologize to the doctor who's been working so hard to cure his ankle all this while but he had to make a decision. If he wanted to skate despite a bum foot, painkillers was his only option.

This makes sense. It may be that his ankle requires surgery and there was no time for that pre-Olympics. 

Fortunately for Yuzu, he is in a position to get the very best medical/surgical/rehab care for his ankle.