General Yuzuru Chat

38 minutes ago, dorkyiceprince said:

Even worse is trying to explain this to people who find figure skating interesting because of an anime. I mean how people get into really doesn't matter but sometimes the things the say..

I have two friends who're crazy fans of Yuri on Ice and they got interested in Yuzu because of it and were watching the Olympics. One of them, after the SP said "Wow...they did a lot more jumps in YoI" :facepalm: 

And naturally because of that they were super impressed with Nathan's FS :facepalm::slinkaway:

35 minutes ago, GoldMedalist said:

So embarrassing, isn't it? :embSwan:

As someone who doesn't post here often but DID discover figure skating (again - I had been a fan when I was younger) I do have to defend this a little bit.

I get that people are hesitant but it sort of goes both ways - the people who do try to actually find more about FS after watching it, sometimes feel pushed out by everyone simply because of how they discovered it. (I'm not saying this is what happened here but I've sadly seen it a lot online that people straight up refused to talk to them then and it got very judgemental). And most people I know really do want to know more and understand how it translates into real FS. And like you said, it shouldn't matter how we got into it, FS can always use a few new fans :)

There will always be people who pretend to know more than they do, I don't think thats specific to YOI fans. 

Anway in regards to Yuzus plans.. I think we all need to just take a deep breath. 

I think its really hard to take what he currently says as 100%. He is still exhausted, and I'm sure that his ankle is currently not very happy with whats going on. But I have no doubt that he will come back. 
If its in time for worlds, I'd obviously be glad as I'm going, but if not then he will sometime after. 
I don't think its entirely off the cards though. A month is a month, and it could just have flared up now because of the stress and everything else that was going on. They'll get an MRI and maybe an xray and then I'm sure Brian and the team will sit together with Yuzu to discuss it. 

I wouldn't be surprised if he keeps it open until the very end, cause I'm wondering if there isn't a chance he'll want to do it once the exhaustion of Olys is wearing off a little, just because he was unable to do GPF this year. 

1 minute ago, SparkleSalad said:

:smiley-laughing021: He even managed to make it about how great he is for saying how great Yuzu is! That's an incredible talent there, Pchan. :biggrin:

thank you for saying it first :smiley-rolleyes009: I've been staring at this for a while now thinking hey, English isn't my first language, maybe he didn't actually mean to say "OMG I'm so proud of how amazing I am"