General Yuzuru Chat

6 minutes ago, Forcefield said:

To continue the celebration a big longer and also push back the worries for a bit:

Yuzu also broke the superstition since (was it Dick Button?) that the reigning World Champion usually doesn't get Olys gold. I don't even know why superstitions like that worried me back then. :happy:

but he had won the WC in Helsinki and in the past the men who won WC in Helsinki got the Oly gold, so maybe the good omen countered the bad one:P I usually don't believe in omens but I felt stars were aligning for Yuzu in a way, other than the Helsinki thing I had some vibes of 2002 Salt Lake city (two countrymen fighting for the same medals, the senior edging out the junior:biggrin:), a little bit of 2006 (Plushenko missing GPF), the whole parallel with Dick Button and I add the one with Brian too: 1984-1988 two silver medals, but Yuzu had 2014 gold, so 2018 would be gold too:2thumbsup: AND IT IS!!!!!!:tumblr_inline_mm2wbaeqQM1qz4rgp: (and Brian vicariously getting his revenge for the double silver:tumblr_inline_ncmif5EcBB1rpglid: how wonderful is that?)

Yuzu talking english is adorbs just for the faces he makes, but he's really improved (tho it's sometimes hard to understand him, and with all those camera shutters...)

Anyway while downloading the periscope I stumbled in the video of the Boston fs press con....still sad  to see yuzu sad, but what a feeling knowing that that is not how Yuzu's career ended! And even if he is injured again, just the look on his face and his attitude are so different (bb has just won his second oly gold after all:tumblr_m9gcttgdYF1qzckow:)

6 minutes ago, yuzuangel said:

Ya'know, with all the trouble Yuzu went through to match his costume with his medal, he didn't even get to wear both at the same time :laughing:

I had such a vivid dream of seeing Yuzu wearing that medal (I conjured the dream thinking obsessively about that while I waited to, you know, fall asleep, instead of counting sheep:tumblr_inline_ncmifdw7151rpglid:. I wanted to wake up for the FS with that image and I did, just like I had woken up the day of the SP with an image of Yuzuru having skated a clean Ballade. I thought it was good to repeat a good omen:P) and it was a beautiful sight and I remember thinking "oh, that medal is so shiny on his Seimei costume, they're so well-matched"... only when I saw Yuzuru and Shoma wrapped in those red lobsters  I realized I that was not gonna happen:13877886: and I thought: darn, gold doesn't go well with that colour. They ruined the photos:13877886: But guess what, on Yuzuru it still looks gorgeous:tumblr_inline_mzx8xsVPrg1r8msi5:

17 minutes ago, MrPudding said:

me before periscope: DIED. UGLY CRY. ANGSTY

me after periscope: I trust him. Yuzu will be Yuzu

we fanyus are a bunch of moody (and severly sleep-deprived) people.

Which reminds me, I was waking up yesterday at this hours. Off to sleep.:bed::moon94:

2 minutes ago, meoima said:

I haven’t slept from yesterday and haven’t finished my work but I somehow just stay awake. I need help...

watch nathan fs, no shade intended, it worked for me last night. 

4 minutes ago, LadyLou said:

ut he had won the WC in Helsinki and in the past the men who won WC in Helsinki got the Oly gold, so maybe the good omen countered the bad one:P I usually don't believe in omens but I felt stars were aligning for Yuzu in a way, other than the Helsinki thing I had some vibes of 2002 Salt Lake city (two countrymen fighting for the same medals, the senior edging out the junior:biggrin:), a little bit of 2006 (Plushenko missing GPF), the whole parallel with Dick Button and I add the one with Brian too: 1984-1988 two silver medals, but Yuzu had 2014 gold, so 2018 would be gold too:2thumbsup: AND IT IS!!!!!!:tumblr_inline_mm2wbaeqQM1qz4rgp: (and Brian vicariously getting his revenge for the double silver:tumblr_inline_ncmif5EcBB1rpglid: how wonderful is that?)

Some one should also start a thread on these.....like, superstitions that came true (silver quota, first to land the loop) and maybe some that didn't :clap:

Also, wasn't Evan lysacek the reigning WC in Vancouver?