General Yuzuru Chat

5 minutes ago, Syless Jinx said:

Man NA media is SOOOO salty.  I was watching Olympic ice on NBC and it looked like Scott Hamilton would rather die before calling Yuzu the GOAT.  I get that it's his opinion but I'm rather peeved that he said he would consider it if Yuzu won 3 OGM, and kept bringing up that he lost the free.  You know I may be biased cuz I like Yuzu, but I like how Tanith handled it, she had a nice balance of Yuzu and Nathan, while I feel Scott just only wanted to talk about Nathan.  I feel this olympics really made me lose respect for the sportsmanship of Scott, Tara and Johnny (atleast the ice dancer commentators aren't that bad).

Deleted. Realized this constituted off topic.

14 minutes ago, ICeleste said:

it hasn't even been 2 months since i've lost Jonghyun and i'm still coping with it... my favorite group (SHINee) is probably to take an indefinite hiatus, their career as 5 is over... I was counting on seeing Yuzuru skate throughout 2018 and I thought it'd be my happy distraction... I can't deal with the thought of letting him go now. the past 2 months have been dark enough for me and those i love

Sorry for OT ><.. Mentioning Jonghyun - what are you doing to me >< >< Too soon - well always will be too soon >< 

12 minutes ago, ICeleste said:

it hasn't even been 2 months since i've lost Jonghyun and i'm still coping with it... my favorite group (SHINee) is probably to take an indefinite hiatus, their career as 5 is over... I was counting on seeing Yuzuru skate throughout 2018 and I thought it'd be my happy distraction... I can't deal with the thought of letting him go now. the past 2 months have been dark enough for me and those i love

Omg another shawol. Shawol hug sister, today must have been as difficult for you as for me. Their ot4 dome followed by this news about Yuzu.... 

7 minutes ago, ICeleste said:

I just need to hear an objective opinion from someone with medical knowledge

We're not quite sure what the extent of the ankle injury is (even now) and we probably never will. But I trust that Yuzu and his team (and his family) won't let him compete if it was a career ending injury. Yes, they made compromises - easier quads, painkillers.. but they were also smart with practices and not overdoing it.

Guys, can we wait for more information before we start planning his retirement party  :dry:

About his comments on the injury, I think he is most likely paving the way to withdrawing from Worlds because after his performance here people were expecting him to be better at Worlds. I've even seen talks about bringing back the 4L and 4Lz, so I won't worry yet and will wait for him to sort things out and tell us his plan himself 

I am not crying over this news. We knew he was still injured because he left his return to training to the last minute, and the joy we saw on his face indicated being here was a victory. And, we knew there was nothing he would not do in order to compete... and heal after. (Roger Federer said last year he would basically break his leg trying to win Aussie Open and take months after that to recover if need be, so this idea of sacrifice for the goal is familiar).  I am not surprised at all that he basically yolo 'd the Olympics. This injury is not necessarily career ending either. Time off, surgery...he needs to have the injury evaluated again so that he knows his options before he decides on his competitive future.  He can take all the time in the world because he's Yuzu, 2x Olympic champion.