General Yuzuru Chat

I don't think this is posted? This is @kaerb's translation of the interview with Matsuoka-san and Oda-san. Thank you very much!

http://kaerb.tumblr.com/post/170990417724/speed-translation-of-yuzuru-and-shomas-interviews

Matsuoka: So there were no times when you wanted to give up or thought it was impossible?

Yuzu: Yes there was, lots of times. But because they were there, I just intently waited, thinking happiness would surely come. There’s always daylight waiting at the end of the night.

I see many fans are panicking, so I thought maybe Yuzu's words can serve as a comfort. There's always daylight waiting at the end of night, so lets all be patient.

Man NA media is SOOOO salty.  I was watching Olympic ice on NBC and it looked like Scott Hamilton would rather die before calling Yuzu the GOAT.  I get that it's his opinion but I'm rather peeved that he said he would consider it if Yuzu won 3 OGM, and kept bringing up that he lost the free.  It REALLY bothers me that they attribute the change in skating solely Nathan.  Nathan has been senior for 2 seasons, less than Boyang and Shoma.  He only has records in the quad count.  Yuzu, Javi, Boyang and Shoma have changed the landscape, not Nathan.  Only thing Nathan did was bring up the issue of multiple quads.  You know I may be biased cuz I like Yuzu, but I like how Tanith handled it, she had a nice balance of Yuzu and Nathan, while I feel Scott just only wanted to talk about Nathan.  I feel this olympics really made me lose respect for the sportsmanship of Scott, Tara and Johnny (atleast the ice dancer commentators aren't that bad).

6 minutes ago, Sammie said:

Didn’t he also think that Boston was his last competition? He came back months later to win his world title. I’m hopeful. 

Yes and illness and injury are always very scary and can make you fear the worst. It can be hard to be completely objective about your own condition in times like these, especially if you feel you've got everything to lose. But he's the kind of person who will always do everything in his power to rise up again. Even if he can't get back to the condition he was before the injury, he's going to max out as much as he can and make the most of it. And one less jumping pass may be a blessing after all. Let's not forget the Kategaiho interview where he talked about being more open to continuing up to his 30s with a different outlook. If things really aren't going well, all it will take is a change of focus away from golden things. I think he still has so much to offer, even if quads fade. How beautiful to see him just gliding. 

1 minute ago, Syless Jinx said:

Man NA media is SOOOO salty.  I was watching Olympic ice on NBC and it looked like Scott Hamilton would rather die before calling Yuzu the GOAT.  I get that it's his opinion but I'm rather peeved that he said he would consider it if Yuzu won 3 OGM, and kept bringing up that he lost the free.  You know I may be biased cuz I like Yuzu, but I like how Tanith handled it, she had a nice balance of Yuzu and Nathan, while I feel Scott just only wanted to talk about Nathan.  I feel this olympics really made me lose respect for the sportsmanship of Scott, Tara and Johnny (atleast the ice dancer commentators aren't that bad).

You mean you still had respect for them before? :P

2 minutes ago, getsurenka said:

I don't think this is posted? This is @kaerb's translation of the interview with Matsuoka-san and Oda-san. Thank you very much!

http://kaerb.tumblr.com/post/170990417724/speed-translation-of-yuzuru-and-shomas-interviews

I see many fans are panicking, so I thought maybe Yuzu's words can serve as a comfort. There's always daylight waiting at the end of night, so lets all be patient.

That's right. It's the happiest time of Yuzuru's life. Let's enjoy it with him. Let's hope everything will be alright.

4 minutes ago, GreatLakesGal said:

This is an excellent point. He could be catastrophizing about this injury, which would certainly be understandable for an elite athlete.

He is dramatic as fuck. I'll choose to believe this.

Also, during Hero's interview, he said something akin to actually didn't know the extent of his injury, because there were many old injuries which made it hard for them to figure out what's going on with his ankle. Which I think is why he is going to have it check-up soon. So maybe it isn't as severe of an injury as we are all worried/panicking about, probably he is just worried at the unknown of it all. Once he got a proper diagnosis, maybe himself and us can all breathe easier. So let's send him positive thoughts!

Just now, getsurenka said:

Also, during Hero's interview, he said something akin to actually didn't know the extent of his injury, because there were many old injuries which made it hard for them to figure out what's going on with his ankle. Which I think is why he is going to have it check-up soon. So maybe it isn't as severe of an injury as we are all worried/panicking about, probably he is just worried at the unknown of it all. Once he got a proper diagnosis, maybe himself and us can all breathe easier. So let's send him positive thoughts!

Can he just ..... let them all heal now. All of them. Up to the smallest paper cuts. Please. Thanks. :thanks: