General Yuzuru Chat

Hey guys, I just got back from spending the day out with my friends. Now that I'm back and catching up on a lot of fluff, I just have to say well done Yuzuru.

Those 3 months, those 4 years, those injuries, you have worked really hard. I'm glad you enjoyed your Olympic this time round. You skated for yourself and no one else. We are proud of you.

Seeing how you came to Pyeonchang with all smiles made it 1000x times better. Well done TCC. 

Now you can relax and enjoy your moment. You deserve this.

Also to add to this sappy comment, 

Yuzu came in like a king with personal bodyguards, trolled the media with a 3A, showed all smiles during practice, upgrades his fall moment from Sochi, trolled people with layouts, crawling with +5GOE, caught doing voodoo backstage with a baseball and gymnastic as a future career option whilst forgetting you're on camera almost caught changing on live broadcast, fought hard during competition and got your redemption while showing the greatest sportsmanships there is, and broke multiple olympic records. 

44 minutes ago, xeyra said:

I've been celebrating in other threads but never did drop by on the main to wish Yuzu huge congratulations for just being his stubborn, lovable, determined self and seeing his efforts paid off. Thank you for making me suffer like this. 

I've been finding the most interesting articles around, some quite good, actually. Of course, with them being from US media, you can expect Nathan mentions, but there's a few good ones to share, if you haven't seen them yet:

Then there are the uncanny ones:

Wondering what went in the head of the person who wrote the last article , what made him say "Yeah I'm going to actually write this"  :pouty:

1 hour ago, getsurenka said:

There is one (of the many) part of the CCTV Chinese commentary during FS that I really like. 

A rough translation:

Fate whispers to the warrior, "You can never defeat/withstand the storm".

The warrior responds softly, "I am the storm."

Very apt description of Hanyu Yuzuru, 2014 & 2018 Olympic Champion.

And this fits perfectly with the last MAD I posted in the thread of fan made videos just before his Oly comps ;) : "Eye of the storm" by smal58

1 hour ago, xeyra said:

Not sure if posted yet elsewhere, because the threads have become a bit of a mess but:

Translation of Live interview with Shoma and Yuzuru on “Going!”, February 17th

http://shoma-uno.tumblr.com/post/170985935757/live-interview-with-shoma-and-yuzuru-on-going

This is GOLD.

I'm giggling, I only found a partial clip of the keigo part and was laughing so hard, the full interview is even better. I'm looking forward to more content from the two of them (after they rest laksfjas) and I'm lowkey happy Yuzu has someone who can sort of share the spotlight with him, even though Shoma seems to just cause TV hosts to become mildly concerned for him wherever he goes lmao (he's such a soft, gentle boy off-ice it's hilarious)

40 minutes ago, MrPudding said:
33 minutes ago, Murieleirum said:

I'm gonna add a request of the post-Freeskate conference pretty please? I've read translations around, but no video!

does anyone have a saved video of the medal ceremony?

I can help with the medal ceremony:

But sadly I haven't noticed any press conference recordings. Was it even aired at all?

3 hours ago, ICeleste said:

I cannot get over the fact that the 1000th medal in Olympics history is his...

It was destined to be his. It could not have landed in better hands. 

The devil works hard but fate works harder.

IKR?! Like it was scripted. Something you can only see on dramas