General Yuzuru Chat

1 hour ago, micaelis said:

Being American I have only congratulations for Nathan.  He managed to redeem himself.  But also, considering Nathan's FS score, I think Yuzu dodged a bullet here.  Had Nathan not had that utterly disastrous SP he would be the one with the gold.  So I must also congratulate Nathan for that lamentable SP.  He cooperated with the skating gods and sacrificed himself for the good of Yuzu's gold.

I disagree. Yuzu and Brian came in with a strategy of psychological warfare and Nathan fell for it. They bluffed him. All the others were more prepared to skate from within themselves. He was too inexperienced and unprepared. He hadn’t beaten these guys at Worlds yet either. I knew the top 4 could handle the big moment because we’ve seen it before.

1 hour ago, wombat-poodle said:

Yuzuru was the only man in the so-called "big five" (himself, Javi, Shoma, Boyang, Nathan) to not have any pop or fall in BOTH his programs. His mistakes - minor in comparison, and absolutely no mistakes in the short of course.

He did this with a gigantic ball and chain around his right ankle (both psychologically as defending champion who just re-started quad training 2 weeks ago and almost literally because of his ankle injury). He did this without two of his biggest BV weapons - 4Lz and 4Lo. 

If people want to talk about "what if" - What if the others faced Yuzuru Hanyu at his very best?

Honestly, people should stop being salty with all their "what ifs" and enjoy the fact that this Olys was one of the cleanest comps we've had in a long, cursed, hell of a season.

There is no "what if", what's done is done - it's called reality and we don't owe any explanation to anybody's fans. Yuzu won decisively - more than 10 points over Shoma. It doesn't matter if Nathan won the free, Yuzu won COR free, Skate Canada free for like how many times but it didn't change the final result. Let those losers be losers and let's ignore them. Let's not let them disrupt our Joy!!!!

39 minutes ago, kaerb said:

Unfortunately I'm not familiar with Tokyo Ghoul so I don't know what he's referencing but he's definitely making some references. I like that confirming his weeb status is a priority :laughing:

• Yuzu calls the seiyu 'Kaneki-kun' as someone said above, says he of course knows Hinaka-san but (something went 'Pa'???)
  • Says 'I'm relieved' about getting the gold medal but stumbles when he says it either because he's exhausted or - like he says - because he's nervous - 'more nervous than during my free' LOL
  • The hosts say they heard he was a huge fan of Tokyo Ghoul and he says 'hahahaha...haha..haaah' (either slightly embarrassed or referencing something in the anime) but confirms that he's a huge fan of Tokyo Ghoul and says he often watches anime
  • The host also asks him excitedly if he owns merchandise and he sort of reluctantly admits he owns a lot (lmao he's totally a weeb)
  • He got into Monster Hunter after doing the CM and has been playing it ever since
  • He hasn't gotten the latest work (version?) says he wants it but..... (trails off in a sort of 'but I can't get it/it's hard to get' sort of playful inflection - my interpretation)
  • The weapon he uses in Monster Hunter is a Charge X?? And Roman?? (idk man, he's bonding with the male host about it tho)
  • Says 'Kaneki-kun!' (which is from Tokyo Ghoul) and probably some other weeb phrases LOLOLOL

Thanks kaerb! You are a legend!!! :tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw:

170218 Pyeongchang Olympics Press Conference for Men’s Figure Skating- YUZURU HANYU

Translated by allyuzurustuff @ tumblr.

“Becuase it’s been a lot of hard work, the journey here [from Sochi to Pyeongchang] is no easy feat. If I were to reflect on these 4 years, those who have supported me [since Sochi], those who supported me even since the Juniors, my most important family, the team and the coaches and teachers who nurtured me till today, and finally all those around the world who have supported me – all these emotions and thoughts gushed up to my mind.”

1 hour ago, beki said:

I disagree. Yuzu and Brian came in with a strategy of psychological warfare and Nathan fell for it. They bluffed him. All the others were more prepared to skate from within themselves. He was too inexperienced and unprepared. He hadn’t beaten these guys at Worlds yet either. I knew the top 4 could handle the big moment because we’ve seen it before.

Weren't they brilliant? Brian said to never underestimate Mr. Hanyu; I think it's also a mistake for other coaches to underestimate stealth coach Mr. Orser.

If Nathan's team had taken the trouble to look up and carefully digest the interviews Brian has given over the years--I think I've read almost all of them--they might have avoided some of the errors they made with him.  

guys... i get so emotional every time i think about how much yuzu had to overcome to get to this second OGM. he's been through so many ups and downs and to think that he fought through everything and persevered and was able to achieve his dream... :tumblr_inline_ncmif7esGm1rpglid::tumblr_inline_ncmif7esGm1rpglid::tumblr_inline_ncmif7esGm1rpglid: how is he even real?? yuzu is such an incredible human being and my heart is so full of happiness for him <3 

and thank you so much to everyone on this wonderful planet, idk how i could have gone through the past two days without you!! let's continue to cheer for yuzu together! c: 

as for his ankle... i do hope that it's not so bad that he can't go to worlds, but if he has to miss it then so be it. he should take as much time as he needs to heal fully. 

4 minutes ago, GreatLakesGal said:

Weren't they brilliant? Brian said to never underestimate Mr. Hanyu; I think it's also a mistake for other coaches to underestimate stealth coach Mr. Orser.

If Nathan's team had taken the trouble to look up and carefully digest the interviews Brian has given over the years--I think I've read almost all of them--they might have avoided some of the errors they made with him.  

Exactly. And if Yuzu hadn’t been able to keep up the superhuman facade of perfection all the way past the short program, the judges and everyone else would have written him off. And then he freaking wings the free on one leg with only a couple of runthroughs. Call me when your boy can do that and miss me until then. The degree of impossible that is is insane.