General Yuzuru Chat

7 minutes ago, meoima said:

I am not bitter, more like amused at the GOAT title but here we go lmao

Had Yuzuru been American... there would be like 28827364645 headlines in English describing him as the GOAT ever. But I don’t care.

NA media moving the goalpost too often, huh? :laughing:

1 hour ago, Fay said:

Shit, ran out of their quota of views...

This usually works for me when I have my allotted number of views at some site - turn off your Java script.  Sometimes moving to a different browser also works.  That's one of the reasons I have five different browsers at hand.

I am a bit curious what the headlines are for Nathan now. Almost all the ones I've found mention Yuzu at least once, but some said it's a redemption skate for Nate (though the tone still sounds pretty severe for a redemption skate). I'm worried this Olys might have scared him. 

13 minutes ago, Xen said:

I am a bit curious what the headlines are for Nathan now. Almost all the ones I've found mention Yuzu at least once, but some said it's a redemption skate for Nate (though the tone still sounds pretty severe for a redemption skate). I'm worried this Olys might have scared him. 

Being American I have only congratulations for Nathan.  He managed to redeem himself.  But also, considering Nathan's FS score, I think Yuzu dodged a bullet here.  Had Nathan not had that utterly disastrous SP he would be the one with the gold.  So I must also congratulate Nathan for that lamentable SP.  He cooperated with the skating gods and sacrificed himself for the good of Yuzu's gold.

2 minutes ago, micaelis said:

Being American I have only congratulations for Nathan.  He managed to redeem himself.  But also, considering Nathan's FS score, I think Yuzu dodged a bullet here.  Had Nathan not had that utterly disastrous SP he would be the one with the gold.  So I must also congratulate Nathan for that lamentable SP.  He cooperated with the skating gods and sacrificed himself for the good of Yuzu's gold.

We just can't know that. People say if he didnt have that short he would have won BUT if he skated well in his short he probably wouldn't have had that long because remember he said he was able to give that permornace because he had nothing to loose. Had he still be a contender things would have been different. 

10 minutes ago, micaelis said:

Nah, the 'if only' scenario can also be played like this:

'if only Zu didn't botch his 4T-Lo-3S combo...'

'if only Zu didn't have to ditched 4Lo and 4Lz...'

'if only judges judge fairly and consistently...'

The fact still stands. Chen did botch his SP, which imo, was him not being able to handle the pressure put on him, among other things.

Zu's gold is his. Not a gift from anyone else.

ETA: the other 'if only' is also said by @Hanmgse

4 minutes ago, yuzupon said:

Nah, the 'if only' scenario can also be played like this:

'if only Zu didn't botch his 4T-Lo-3S combo...'

'if only Zu didn't have to ditched 4Lo and 4Lz...'

'if only judges judge fairly and consistently...'

The fact still stands. Chen did botch his SP, which imo, was him not being able to handle the pressure put on him, among other things.

Zu's gold is his. Not a gift from anyone else.

ETA: the other 'if only' is also said by @Hanmgse

If Yuzu didn't botch his 2 jumps, his FS would have went well over 220 ( he lost a lot of points by missing that 4T combo). That 3Lz landing didn't help. And if he had both, PCS might have gone up another 2 points. I think if Nathan went clean in SP, or nearly clean in SP, poliitics would have imploded and Yuzu would still win, bc it's highly likely other judges won't give Nate the PCs he got (having a redemption skate story helps boost scores a bit since judges still want to encourage him). 

But anyways, Yuzu won, end of story, men's last flight wasn't a total splatfest, which is good for FS worldwide.