General Yuzuru Chat

1 hour ago, Strawberry said:

#JohnWilsonBlades

New season. #YuzuruHanyu #PyeongChang2018 #JohnWilsonBlades

Such details! But the only thing I can think of is how many boots he has, and how expensive all of those plus the blades must be, I know fs is an expensive sport, but :smiley-sad016: wow... 

18 minutes ago, Dara said:

Maybe OT, but as it was mentioned before in this thread...

GP France will be held in Grenoble after all http://www.isu.org/en/single-and-pair-skating-and-ice-dance/calendar-of-events/2017/11/gp-fra-201718

So that wasn't just a rumor...

Grenoble is a very nice city, but I've heard the rink is not in a great area. Now we'll have to see if the french planning event talent will go on next year :)

2 hours ago, Fresca said:

Yuzu does have beautiful turnout :heart: :heart::heart: His turnout and his edges make his spread eagle, Ina Bauer and Besti squat extra, extra special.

One of the things that disappointed me about Nathan was that though he has the ballet background, his turnout is not great and his spread eagle is actually quite ugly...:sad-smiley-046:

Thank you for the reply and YASSSS to everything you said :party2: I totally agree. I could rhapsodize endlessly about Yuzu's turnout, write odes dedicated to his Vaganova-esque fingers, and play ballads in honor of the minute details and how closely he pays attention to them to make such a complete performance every time. Poetry in motion :BeatingHeart: But since this is the general thread, I shall deport my logorrheic self elsewhere, LOL :smiley-scared005:

(OT: Nathan has a ballet background?! Maybe that explains the Le Corsaire SP + its ending pose, then. Why doesn't he apply it in his skating more? In addition to his so-so turnout, where's the squareness of his shoulders and hips when he lands his jumps? It should be second nature to him. His poor hips :'( )