General Yuzuru Chat

I went out to a restaurant with my parents. Then my dad asked me about Yuzu because I talked about him few days ago. I told my dad he did so great today. Dad said "I never seen an athlete make you this happy. He must be a great athlete and a good man. I wish him well and hope he will win." Awwww...this means a lot to me. He touches a lot of people, directly or indirectly.

So many people cheer on Yuzu and pray for him.  Believe in him :snonegai:No matter what, I will support him. And there is something different about him now - calmer and full of joy :)

1 minute ago, liv said:

Boston was different. He was way ahead and hiding an injury... basically full of anxiety and stressed. Here he is only a few pts up, Brian will not let him go crazy in practice, and he is feeling relief and joy after an injury. Mentally, he is totally in a different place. 

Yuzu also has much better coaching now than he had when he was in Boston. So glad that "boardroom conference" took place when it did. And so glad Ghislain is now an integral part of his team. I can see why Adam was so close to Ghislain when he was at TCC. 

34 minutes ago, GoldMedalist said:

But now i'm even more worried. This result reminds me of Boston.... Ofc at that time it was different, not only was he injured but you could see how stressed out he was. This time it's different, right?

And when i think about all those quads in the long program..

Yes, there are many quads but one of the quadsters is out of it.  Nathan Chen had what can only be described as a 'meltdown'.  He's in 17th place and I wonder how the American media are trying to explain what has happened to their vaunted champion.  Nathan is clearly going nowhere.  That leaves just Boyang as the remaining quadster.  He is a legitimate threat, as are Shoma and Javi  But I don't think Yuzu is worried.  I think he's at a state of mind where he truly trusts his training and trusts his program.  He's in total synch with them.  I think right now he's in the state of mind that he was in back at the 2015 GPF.  He's not competing.  He's performing and the the perfection of the performance is all that matters.  Whether he wins or not is inconsequential.  Whether he sets a record or not is equally inconsequential.  Whether he can skate better than clean and have a performance he will remember to his dying day, that's what matters.

5 minutes ago, micaelis said:

Yes, there are many quads but one of the quadsters is out of it.  Nathan Chen had what can only be described as a 'meltdown'.  He's in 17th place and I wonder how the American media are trying to explain what has happened to their vaunted champion.  Nathan is clearly going nowhere.  That leaves just Boyang as the remaining quadster.  He is a legitimate threat, as are Shoma and Javi  But I don't think Yuzu is worried.  I think he's at a state of mind where he truly trusts his training and trusts his program.  He's in total synch with them.  I think right now he's in the state of mind that he was in back at the 2015 GPF.  He's not competing.  He's performing and the the perfection of the performance is all that matters.  Whether he wins or not is inconsequential.  Whether he sets a record or not is equally inconsequential.  Whether he can skate better than clean and have a performance he will remember to his dying day, that's what matters.

Yes, i just remembered GPF 2015 where the result was similar. I just want Seimei to shine in a big competition... and i also want Boyang on the podium :sigh:

Im at central European time, and havent slept since around am 1:00 of his practice.

And I kept catching up news, videos, information except my work.

Im useless so far although Im Japanese .  Sorry....

Thank you everyone for all the posts!

The comments by kozuka and shizuka at news.

Kozuka says he seems to be aiming to break his world record.  If he does it, no one can beat him and he can revise his own total score record.

It is taka's prediction.  Yuzu is in fit to such an extend.

Shizuka says 4 point is certainly close gap of one triple, but he stays in really good shape and if he can take advantage of it fully, he has enough chance.

Go yuzu!

Let's send the positive vibe.:grouphug::grouphug:

39 分, axelnojutsuさんが言いました:

I beliiiiieeeeeve :animated-smileys-hands-fingers-01:

I really really love this performance.  Luckily I could watch this live at Makuhari and was just overwhelmed.  At that show, so many medalists showed suburb performances,  Plushy, Stephane, Johnny, Jeff... They were majestic and I chilled and had tears.  But yuzu did it before finale, I really realized what makes yuzu noticeable from others.  His amount of emotion is enormous.  It's so huge.  I dont know from where that kind of energy comes.... His warm aura is filled with the arena and it was wow moment.  At competitions, he has to control his emotion and doesnt release it, but  at shows, he can do it as much as he like.

And this costume really fits him.

Oh, I miss his performance so much.

Re: Boston.

I, too, think, that this is different from Boston. Mindset, etc., what the others said above.

And, what struck me in one of the interviews: he said he wanted revenge on his Sochi free, I understood this as:  he wants to skate the Olympic free clean this time.

And this, to me, is a big difference, as if he will skate not to win as the foremost goal, no stress there, but he wants to skate clean. ( Which will result in him winnig:-)) .

This is a big difference, a different approach, I think, and I so much hope he will win this gold!!!

Yes, yes, I have difficulties in finding the right words, but even as I know I will be shaking with fear tonight, it will be nothing like the tension and horror even of the Boston practices.

Thank God!

:)

I know it's normal to worry when we take into account what happened in Boston but as people have already wrote, the situation is very different. I honestly think that what'll make a difference here is his mental state, probably the best we have seen him in a long time. Your mental state sometimes is even more determinant towards the result than your physical. So I truly think Yuzuru will manage to keep this mentality. We know he wants a great seimei to revenge his last olympics. He wants to have THE performance plus we know how much this program means to him, He must be really excited and eager to show the world seimei. Hopefully this mentality also will help knowing your best opponents are skating after you, I bet he wants to show everyone why he is a living legend.

9 hours ago, OonsieHui said:

:smiley-laughing021::smiley-laughing021::smiley-laughing021: lol dear mr Hanyu. you underestimate your fans..... 

Never underestimate Mr Hanyu's fans. :knc_brian1:

8 hours ago, 5expressions said:

Yuzu leads by about 4 points today as well. This time around I’m hoping and praying for him to be clean in the fs more than that olympic gold though!

In Yuzu we trust! Like mentioned before, I've never seen Yuzu so cheerful during practices! We always know that Yuzu's biggest enemy is his own mind but seems like he is in a very good mental state now. :tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw:

5 hours ago, Syless Jinx said:

Just something I saw floating around on the GS boards that I thought was interesting.  They said that USFS after these Olympics might considering asking Orser to coach Nathan (if he continues skating...).  Especially when Javi is retiring, IF they were, do you think Orser would take it?  He already has 3 top students (Yuzu, Cha and maybe Gogolev).  How would you guys feel about it?  On one hand, I know he would ask Yuzu first like he did with Javi (to avoid the whole Yuna situation), but still...

Tbh, I don't think Nathan will accept that arrangement even if that's what the Fed wants to push for. He wants to go to med school and I don't think he'll relocate to Toronto. And since skating has always been a "thing-I-do-when-I-am-young", I don't think TCC's slow and steady approach will work for him. 

omg the way this article is written is making me laugh

http://olimpicos.marcaclaro.com/videos/detalle/la-historia-entre-el-patinador-yuzuru-hanyu-y-winnie-pooh-030870/

I translated it almost literally from spanish because omg they refer to Pooh dolls as "tribute" and i am cracking up:

Spoiler

This friday a lot of the fans who followed the figure skating mens short program wondered: What's the deal with Yuzuru Hanyu and all those Winnie the Pooh plush toys?

After a months long absence, caused by a serious injury on his foot, the japanese skater returned for the Pyeongchang 2018 Olympic Winter Games and immediately showed his level obtaining the highest score almost equal to his own world record, however, what caught everyone's attention during his performance was the plush toy rain from the crowd at the Gangneung Ice Arena, to honor the Sochi 2014 gold medalist and 2017 World Champion.

The japanese, in a crowded press conference before his performance in Pyeongchang, confessed to be a big fan of the cartoon bear: "My room is full of Winnie the Pooh"

Basically, Winnie Pooh is a kind of "amulet" for Hanyu.
The 23 year old, an idol in his home country, Japan, began carrying a box of tissues with the image of the well known hunny-eating bear in 2010 and since then he has been seen carrying his plush toy to all the competitions where he has participated, with the curious fact that it has inspired him to beat the spaniard Javier Fernández, his biggest rival in the competition and whom he couldn't beat.

When Hanyu skates, he places his Pooh Bear to make sure it has a good view of him, and he carries it to the press conferences.
Finally, his association with the doll took a life of its own, and even when the rules of Olympic sponsorship kept him from taking his furry friend to the rink, his fans made sure this friday that Hanyu wouldn't suffer from a Pooh shortage.

In other competitions, Pooh has been placed next to Hanyu's coach, Brian Orser, who won the olympic silver medals in 1984 and 1988 for Canada. "You go to the backstage and there's bags and bags and bags (with bear)", said Orser in 2016 about the dolls that the fans throw at every competition where Hanyu skates, who have a great destiny, since they're donated to the kids in the area surrounding the arena where the competition was held, in this case, Gangneung and PyeongChang.

The Pooh doll avalanche has turned into something like a competitive advantage for Hanyu, because the skaters who are slated to perform immediately after him have to wait for all the tributes to be picked up from the ice.

Taking the maximum score in the free skate this saturday, Hanyu is well placed to defend his Olympic title, and if he wins another gold, we can expect to see a torrent of yellow and red plush toys hitting the ice.

55 minutes ago, Hydroblade said:

omg the way this article is written is making me laugh

http://olimpicos.marcaclaro.com/videos/detalle/la-historia-entre-el-patinador-yuzuru-hanyu-y-winnie-pooh-030870/

I translated it almost literally from spanish because omg they refer to Pooh dolls as "tribute" and i am cracking up:

Reveal hidden contents

This friday a lot of the fans who followed the figure skating mens short program wondered: What's the deal with Yuzuru Hanyu and all those Winnie the Pooh plush toys?

After a months long absence, caused by a serious injury on his foot, the japanese skater returned for the Pyeongchang 2018 Olympic Winter Games and immediately showed his level obtaining the highest score almost equal to his own world record, however, what caught everyone's attention during his performance was the plush toy rain from the crowd at the Gangneung Ice Arena, to honor the Sochi 2014 gold medalist and 2017 World Champion.

The japanese, in a crowded press conference before his performance in Pyeongchang, confessed to be a big fan of the cartoon bear: "My room is full of Winnie the Pooh"

Basically, Winnie Pooh is a kind of "amulet" for Hanyu.
The 23 year old, an idol in his home country, Japan, began carrying a box of tissues with the image of the well known hunny-eating bear in 2010 and since then he has been seen carrying his plush toy to all the competitions where he has participated, with the curious fact that it has inspired him to beat the spaniard Javier Fernández, his biggest rival in the competition and whom he couldn't beat.

When Hanyu skates, he places his Pooh Bear to make sure it has a good view of him, and he carries it to the press conferences.
Finally, his association with the doll took a life of its own, and even when the rules of Olympic sponsorship kept him from taking his furry friend to the rink, his fans made sure this friday that Hanyu wouldn't suffer from a Pooh shortage.

In other competitions, Pooh has been placed next to Hanyu's coach, Brian Orser, who won the olympic silver medals in 1984 and 1988 for Canada. "You go to the backstage and there's bags and bags and bags (with bear)", said Orser in 2016 about the dolls that the fans throw at every competition where Hanyu skates, who have a great destiny, since they're donated to the kids in the area surrounding the arena where the competition was held, in this case, Gangneung and PyeongChang.

The Pooh doll avalanche has turned into something like a competitive advantage for Hanyu, because the skaters who are slated to perform immediately after him have to wait for all the tributes to be picked up from the ice.

Taking the maximum score in the free skate this saturday, Hanyu is well placed to defend his Olympic title, and if he wins another gold, we can expect to see a torrent of yellow and red plush toys hitting the ice.

It's a tissue box, not a plush toy. Besides, the emperor donates all the pooh tributes, as there is only one (1) Prime Minister Pooh in the palace. 

20 minutes ago, Xen said:

It's a tissue box, not a plush toy. Besides, the emperor donates all the pooh tributes, as there is only one (1) Prime Minister Pooh in the palace. 

You're wrong. It's a battle companion:tumblr_inline_ncmif5EcBB1rpglid:

ETA:Hear ye, hear ye, te Daily Spread Eagle has another issue today!!

17 minutes ago, Hydroblade said:

February 16, 2018

THE DAILY SPREAD EAGLE

Excellent performance by the King

By Hydroblade

photo_l.jpg

After many hardships and doubts, our beloved King Hanyu was finally back on the ice, performing once again to Ballade No. 1 by Frederic Chopin. With the beauty and strength he's known for, he placed first in the short program, blessing us with a very happy and satisfied face. "I just want to say thank you for cheering and I'm back" Said King Hanyu to the media after his performance. When asked about his chances of repeating gold, he replied "Doesn't matter. I don't think about it". He also mentioned that Prime Minister Pooh indeed came with him to Pyeongchang, but had to stay in the hotel. He was given the customary pre-competition squish on the head, so the ritual was completed. As mentioned before, the Prime Minister's soul was infused into the strawberry shortcake cover the King was seen carrying, this being confirmed by our ruler himself, when he said that the cover had both Pooh and Piglet. Sadly, he had to take them off the cake but the soul-infusing spell was still successful. The Minister wasn't available for an interview, another sweet-cream stained note saying that he was preparing for today's free and had bear-y important duties and rituals to conduct.

In our planet, the King's joyful mood combined with his beautiful performance produced a steady stream of beautiful glittering light blue lava with a calming smell. Officials in charge of keeping the Paprika Fields in check also noted today that about 1/4 of the offending plants mysteriously disappeared, leaving a patch of lush green grass instead.

The whole planet is preparing for today's free skate, sending positive thoughts to our King and hoping that we can see his happy face again at the end of his performance.

pic source