General Yuzuru Chat

lol about to go run some errands and then nap before "doomsday" but i guess some last words:

He seems to be full of joy the last couple of days and it's inspiring to see. Of course no matter what happens, we  will be there cheering him on. I want to see him happy as well. 

I"m the most negative person alive, but lately besides the usual nervousness of competition(starting to think it's excitement of seeing him back), every time i see a video or pic of him practicing or just walking around doing whatever at the site, there's a vague calmness. I don't know what that means. I'm usually better at predicting when bad things will happen rather than the opposite. But I weirdly, I believe in him. He's gotten this far considering the mess this season. lolol i don't even know where i'm going with this but tl;dr I cannot shake off this feeling and it will not go away even if i start thinking about negative situations. I'm not sure if this will mean anything by the end of this competition, but for now I'm just going to ride on the wave with him. blah blah If he's ready, I'm ready! blah blah 

:meditationf:

Not sure if posted yet. Japanese news with comments by Nobunari Oda and Shuzo Matsuoka about today's practice, featuring Yuzu and Shoma as well as snippets of other skaters. If there's any interesting comments, might someone translate them, please?

I'd like to know the TV ratings in Japan for the upcoming SP.  I don't think it will be a case of everybody's watching but I do think it will be a significant percentage.  If they have sports bars in Japan you can be sure the TVs there will be on the men's competition.  I'm still undecided over whether I will actually watch the live event tonight (Nebraska time).  I've had too many times in the past where my watching an event has resulted in a negative result for the party I was cheering for.  So I'll watch those who precede and follow Yuzu but do something else for the three minutes he's in the spotlight.  It was the same situation I faced two years ago when the Chicago Cubs (I'm a fifth generation Chicagoan both of whose parents grew up on the North Side, meaning by default I was a Cubs fan), I didn't want to jeopardize their chances.  In some ways I have to do what Yuzu is doing -  I'll have to trust his training and trust his program.  If I feel fully confident that he's doing the same, then I think I'll watch.

I can't believe the moment we have waited for the last 4 years is almost here :omg: The thing is, if Yuzuru is doing great in the SP, there's a possibility he won't do great in LP... or maybe he will. But he is doing best when angry, means when he screws up the SP. After the SP you have at least a "second chance" in the LP, the LP means "it's your only chance". No matter what happens tonight, ( i can't watch bc of work) i'm going to be grumpy tomorrow, i'm going to be worried bc of the LP  :voodoodoll_2: 

1 minute ago, Fay said:

Lolololol - he’s truly a one off. Find another OGM behaving like this! 

you will never find a tiddy bear loving Winnie the pooh obsessed trolling super extra puppy eyes using Olympic athlete or an athlete with a megastar status who's responsible for multiple deaths cases from heart attacks and murderface in general :smiley-laughing021:

12 minutes ago, MrPudding said:

you will never find a tiddy bear loving Winnie the pooh obsessed trolling super extra puppy eyes using Olympic athlete or an athlete with a megastar status who's responsible for multiple deaths cases from heart attacks and murderface in general :smiley-laughing021:

that reminds me, I never found the clip where he said that. does anyone have a link?

7 часов назад, kaerb сказал:

New (? I feel like I've read some of this before) interview with Brian and filled with EMOTIONAL ATTACKS, be warned (I love brian, I love TCC :tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw:)

http://www.insideskating.net/2018/02/15/interviews/brian-orser-im-all-for-moving-the-sport-forward-but-i-am-also-all-for-beautiful-effortless-skating-transitions-choreography-that-makes-sense

Papa Brian :tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw:

"But there are other avenues where you could have purpose, and it has to come from him. I’m not gonna tell him. " - now I'm curious :devilYuzu: