General Yuzuru Chat

12 hours ago, CupidsBow said:

I've not really looked at much Korean media stuff but most refer to Yuzuru are 'King of Figure Skating' or 'Prince of Figure Skating'. Articles I've seen have been more stating facts and not showing many opinions.

King of Figure Skating and Prince of Figure Skating are not opinions.  They're facts (I mean this seriously).  Do any of the skaters, not just men, but ladies, pairs, and dancers, indeed any other athlete at these games have the press coverage that Yuzu has?  Just look at all those reporters and photographers to cover his practice and press conference, that is testimony to the fact that in my memory the only other individual in Olympic sports to generate interest like this was Michael Phelps.  Yuzu is not just a skater.  He's a phenomenon.  He's one of those rare athletes who achieves rock star status, one of those who redefines the sport, an athlete like Michael Jordan or Wayne Gretzke.  Need proof?  Just try counting the Poohs on the ice this coming weekend after Yuzu's skates.