General Yuzuru Chat

But does the pursuit of an olympic gold medal warranting such high risk to Nathan's body/health? Something that he may not feel yet right now but will creep up when he's older?

And in trying to stay on topic: I'm glad Yuzuru has now (finally!) realised how important being healthy and injury free is. I must admit that at the start of the season when he was saying that he learned the importance of rest I was a bit skeptical. haha... I'm glad to be proven wrong.

Just now, sublimeskating said:

med school is another sort of hellish challenge (i got many family and friends who work their asses off in med school and then work even harder once they become interns and then doctors) so i really wish nathan all the best if he goes for that.  it's a great thing he knows what he wants and is planning for it and everything (he's only so young and he knows more about what he wants in life than i do and i'm older than he is... *sigh*).

he's the same age as me, and I'm changing my mind every day:smiley_facepalm:

2 minutes ago, sallycinnamon said:

I am not surprised that they don't see each other often, and we know that most of the time they have different training schedules so they rarely see each other at TCC. I don't doubt that they haven't seen each other since Worlds or haven't even contacted each other between Worlds and WTT. But it shouldn't mean that they don't hear anything about the other - Brian, Tracy, or any other skater never mention Yuzu when they talk with Javi/they are in contact with him through sms, e-mails, whatever? 

I think either the journalist made a mistake or Javi was confused about the facts.

I'd say even at the beginning of the season, Yuzuru already knew that Nathan would do 5 quads (he mentioned something like that when they released Hope and Legacy I think). So for sure Yuzuru follows other men quite well, maybe not closely but he does watch their performances and layouts. 

I am not sure why Javi doesn't know Yuzuru didn't do Japan National. Or maybe he doesn't care because it's National, to most people in the skating world, they know it's not serious when it comes to world standardings so they don't care to follow.

Just now, meoima said:

I'd say even at the beginning of the season, Yuzuru already knew that Nathan would do 5 quads (he mentioned something like that when they released Hope and Legacy I think). So for sure Yuzuru follows other men quite well, maybe not closely but he does watch their performances and layouts. 

I am not sure why Javi doesn't know Yuzuru didn't do Japan National. Or maybe he doesn't care because it's National, to most people in the skating world, they know it's not serious when it comes to world standardings so they don't care to follow.

surely someone at TCC would've mentioned it that Yuzuru was sick enough to skip Nationals, knowing how seriously he takes it.

4 minutes ago, kaeryth said:

I'm glad Yuzuru has now (finally!) realised how important being healthy and injury free is. I must admit that at the start of the season when he was saying that he learned the importance of rest I was a bit skeptical. haha... I'm glad to be proven wrong.

it takes a very painful event (boston :cry:) for him to realise it but i'm also glad he's taking care of his health now.

about nathan, i guess there's also the pressure from his fed, and since he's known for his quantity of quads there really is only one way to go.

4 minutes ago, lilsailor said:

that makes me feel better about my life

i apply to universities in a few months and i don't know what to do:confused0036:

University is fun... I miss my times in college ^^

And don't worry about your future career... take it easy... I only decided about a possible job when I was in my 3rd year (not the best example :bash:)

2 hours 時間前, Fay said:

Oh come on, Yuzu's not that much of a cry baby - I don't remember him crying at 4CC. :shakehead:

I think on the whole Javi was way too preoccupied in late December what with his Nationals, his show and maybe personal life to suss out that Yuzu was ill and missed his Nationals as Yuzu was in Japan at the time. But yeah, it proves beyond doubt that these two are not really that close - which is OK by me. They might like and respect each other, but they don't know what's going on in one another's lives apart from what they get to see with their own eyes.

Sorry for an interruption.  Just wonder whether or not J. Fernandez knew about Brian Orser's staying at home last Chritmas ? As his coach is always away to Japan to join in the Japanese National Championships which is always during that period of time every year...

To be true to myself,  all I want to point out here is there is NO way for Yuzu to say something that will have bad effects on/hurt the others or something negative about all concerns, no matter how the situation is, you sure know.

For instance, J. Fernandez himself was already beaten by S.Uno several times but you will never ever hear such facts from Yuzu.....  On the contrary, he's always praised everyone and moreover even tried to protect everyone in concern without  any hesitation too:5918bda4d232b_0011(1):

Sorry again. I'm not supposed to post something like this but probably I seem to easily sympathize with anyone who is unfairly treated. Especially with Yuzu who has never been treated fairly by Japanese Mass Media, JSF, etc.  This really hurts me a lot time and time again.       Poor :snbleh:

With regard to S.Uno; If I'm expected to say something about him as someone from Japan,  I'd rather say in brief that  as an athlete or even as a human- being,

the MORE I get to know him,   the MORE I     :BeatingHeart::BeatingHeart: :BeatingHeart::space:.      

That's it, my shout out for today:embSwan:     

Thanks for sharing your time with me .:anti-sadness-smiley:

27 minutes ago, sallycinnamon said:

Something has changed in their relationship over the years, yes, and it is possible that they have zero contact to each other when they don't train together in Canada.

But I would find it really strange if Javi hadn't heard anything about Yuzuru for about a month (between GPF-early January), he's in contact with Brian, Tracy, other stuff members, skaters, so someone should have mentioned it to him? Maybe not before Javi's Christmas show at the end of December, but in January, when he returned to Toronto.

There was a documentary on Spanish TV about Javi where he talked about his relationship with Yuzu getting more distant and colder and that it wasn't Javi's fault. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7x-Ky_iWUVE around 22:00

So, it is quite possible they don't follow closely skating career's of each other.

13 minutes ago, swanbeau said:

it takes a very painful event (boston :cry:) for him to realise it but i'm also glad he's taking care of his health now.

about nathan, i guess there's also the pressure from his fed, and since he's known for his quantity of quads there really is only one way to go.

I think USFA doesn't pressure Nathan, it's more like Nathan and Rafael want it. I don't blame Nathan. It's his body his choice. But Rafael... he knows what they're doing and he knows technique but he still encourages Nathan doing that... I have not much respect for him honestly.

6 minutes ago, yuzuthebest said:

Sorry for an interruption.  Just wonder whether or not J. Fernandez knew about Brian Orser's staying at home last Chritmas ? As his coach is always away to Japan to join in the Japanese National Championships which is always during that period of time every year...

To be true to myself,  all I want to point out here is there is NO way for Yuzu to say something that will have bad effects on/hurt the others or something negative about all concerns, no matter how the situation is, you sure know.

For instance, J. Fernandez himself was already beaten by S.Uno several times but you will never ever hear such facts from Yuzu.....  On the contrary, he's always praised everyone and moreover even tried to protect everyone in concern without  any hesitation too:5918bda4d232b_0011(1):

Sorry again. I'm not supposed to post something like this but probably I seem to easily sympathize with anyone who is unfairly treated. Especially with Yuzu who has never been treated fairly by Japanese Mass Media, JSF, etc.  This really hurts me a lot time and time again.       Poor :snbleh:

With regard to S.Uno; If I'm expected to say something about him as someone from Japan,  I'd rather say in brief that  as an athlete or even as a human- being,

the MORE I get to know him,   the MORE I     :BeatingHeart::BeatingHeart: :BeatingHeart::space:.      

That's it, my shout out for today:embSwan:     

Thanks for sharing your time with me .:anti-sadness-smiley:

Yeap I agree that Yuzuru will probably never say "Javier has been beaten by Nathan, Shoma, Boyang several times". 

5 minutes ago, yuzuthebest said:

Sorry again. I'm not supposed to post something like this but probably I seem to easily sympathize with anyone who is unfairly treated. Especially with

As Javi was in Spain at the moment having his own Nationals and organising his own Christmas shows, he might not have quite registered that. I wouldn't blame him for that, exactly - he's got a busy schedule, he might have just confused things. Do you always remember when your colleagues fall ill - I don't, unless I'm really close to them.

And if there's a competition who mastered the art of being articulate and thoughtful and considerate and coming across as a truly intelligent person in an interview... Yuzu wins! Over everyone in the world - there's no competition there. We know that. Javi's more disappointing in comparison, but then everyone else is, anyway. My attitude towards him shifted somewhat this season after a couple of interviews (this wasn't the first). But I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and say he meant no harm. He just never cared to learn the facts - but since Javi's never been among my favourites, I can't say I care that much.

7 minutes ago, Floria said:

There was a documentary on Spanish TV about Javi where he talked about his relationship with Yuzu getting more distant and colder and that it wasn't Javi's fault. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7x-Ky_iWUVE around 22:00

So, it is quite possible they don't follow closely skating career's of each other.

Yes, I know this - I was actually surprised that Javi said something like it was not his fault. The whole docu had a strange atmosphere though, as if the intention was to provoke drama.