General Yuzuru Chat

A fangirl moment:

I personally think part of Yuzu and TCC's savvy and trollish (aka extra and awesome) PR/media strategy is so great because its Yuzu. Of course TCC does it so well, but Yuzu keeping Brian's advice to stay off SNS (so no updates whatsoever) as well as him ordering a media blackout himself, sending written messages as official updates only, giving evasive and smart responses to interviews - it's works in part because Yuzu is Yuzu. He's brilliant.

6 minutes ago, Forcefield said:

A fangirl moment:

I personally think part of Yuzu and TCC's savvy and trollish (aka extra and awesome) PR/media strategy is so great because its Yuzu. Of course TCC does it so well, but Yuzu keeping Brian's advice to stay off SNS (so no updates whatsoever) as well as him ordering a media blackout himself, sending written messages as official updates only, giving evasive and smart responses to interviews - it's works in part because Yuzu is Yuzu. He's brilliant.

I want to think that he had this face while writing those notes and being a ninja:

DV1PM5BVoAAW0cI.jpg(x)

44 minutes ago, Marinn said:

Why do we need to leave this place? I do not want to leave, I like this place. This is the place for Yuzuru. I want to read about him here. I do not want to search for information about him in the general group. What a strange idea ?? :slinkaway:

Don't worry, we don't need to leave this place, it's only a temporary detour.:tumblr_inline_ncmifaymmi1rpglid:

Olympics practice thread is there to keep the content of the forum a little bit more organized. Think about a new fan landing on this planet all of a sudden and wanting to read about Yuzuru in ACI or COR or about our NHK meltdown, or now about his new tissue box: without the Event threads they should search among thousands and thousands of pages in this thread! It would be harder and even a bit daunting!:14066882:

instead we have the events thread, so we go and post some things in there stuff like the detailed practice reports (or our complaints for Yuzuru trolling all of us again), so content is a bit more organized and people can find things more easily...and this general chat can take a breath (otherwise we'd have already cleared 4000 pages by now, I think:tumblr_inline_ncmifdw7151rpglid:).

Of course in the event threads there are also some reports about other skaters, but this is still a Yuzu forum :tumblr_inline_mqt4graWWO1qz4rgp: so whenever Yuzu is competing the posts become quite unbalanced :biggrin: (like number of pages of the olympics practice thread more than doubling in a few hours because Yuzuru had a single and very short training session:10814716:)

so come and enjoy Yuzu in the practice thread, there is plenty of our trollKing waiting for you:tumblr_inline_ncmif5EcBB1rpglid: and some cute pics of other skaters that can make you smile all the same:tumblr_inline_n18qraikFP1qid2nw:

(Of course this whole post might be already useless by now and you are happily drowning in Yuzu's practice content, because this reply of mine is slower than the slowest snail :13877886:)

I'm still thinking about smiley Yuzuru bouncing around on the ice. It makes me emotional, his sheer happiness of being there:tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw: 

28 minutes ago, Forcefield said:

A fangirl moment:

Brian is indeed following a well-worn practice of keeping information minimal and the little that he allows to get out is intended to keep the opposition confused and questioning.  Yuzu is almost without a doubt the athlete with the highest general public profile in these games, partly because there is the question as to whether he 's the GOAT (a SOLID win here would almost guarantee a consensus that he is and athletics are always fascinated by a competition from which a true GOAT emerges) and partly because the depth of the men's FS field here is so great.  Also, the question of the quads or should I say the controversy of the quads?  It's a situation where the battle lines are being drawn between those who see figure skating in athletic terms and those who see it in aesthetic.  If one were to set up a spectrum with Nathan and Boyang as the jumpers on one end and Patrick as the glider on the other hand, Yuzu is right in the middle, is the truly complete skater.  So in a sense the men's competition is a referendum on which attitude should prevail.  I don't think the question will be settled in these next few days but whoever wins the gold will certainly tilt the consensus one way or the other (or right down the middle should (when) Yuzu win.  There is one other factor involved with Brian's evasiveness - I think he's truly enjoying keeping the media dancing around him.  Just look at his smile when he's answering reporters' questions.  He's playing games with them and having one helluva good time doing so. 

1 час назад, Aotoshiro сказал:

For Yuzuru informations we have Yuzuru news thread, for the Olys talks there is Olys thread, since in Olys topics that might afloat not all of them will regard Yuzu (I know, I know,  blasphemy :D), and general thread is already mid-second millenia (holly molly, guys, we've crossed 2500 and I didn't even notice :P), so to make sure Mods aren't flooded with Off Topic post reports we're moving there.
Come on, it's fine, plus we have (short)cake! :pancake: <-couldn't find other gift with cake, sorry!

Thanks for the cake! :thanks: It's hard for me to explain it in English. But I'll try, I'm sorry if anything goes wrong. :facepalm: I totally disagree with that decision. I think Yuzuru should have its own personal Olimpic topic. This forum was created for him, and this is especially important during the Olympic games. So that people could approach his subject and read about it instead of looking for Yuzuru in a bunch of other Olympic messages. A lot of messages do not frighten me, I like to read messages from Yuzuru fans.

1 minute ago, Marinn said:

Thanks for the cake! :thanks: It's hard for me to explain it in English. But I'll try, I'm sorry if anything goes wrong. :facepalm: I totally disagree with that decision. I think Yuzuru should have its own personal Olimpic topic. This forum was created for him, and this is especially important during the Olympic games. So that people could approach his subject and read about it instead of looking for Yuzuru in a bunch of other Olympic messages. A lot of messages do not frighten me, I like to read messages from Yuzuru fans.

Don't worry. 

If you go to those threads, when Yuzu is competing* I can say about 85-90% of the thread will be about him, since as you pointed out, this Planet was made by his fans for his fans to talk about him first and foremost. Yuzu fans also have opinions on other skaters, and to avoid bringing discussions of other skaters too much into the main thread, those event threads are created. You say you like to read messages from Yuzuru fans and a lot of messages do not frighten you, so I would think it is not going to be a problem. Those posts on other threads are messages from Yuzuru's fans as well. And like I said in my first point, we talk about him a lot, you could barely notice talks about other skaters. 

You should check those thread out:winky:

*even when he is not competing we still have ways to bring him into conversations:biggrin:

12 минут назад, LadyLou сказал:

Don't worry, we don't need to leave this place, it's only a temporary detour.:tumblr_inline_ncmifaymmi1rpglid:

Olympics practice thread is there to keep the content of the forum a little bit more organized. Think about a new fan landing on this planet all of a sudden and wanting to read about Yuzuru in ACI or COR or about our NHK meltdown, or now about his new tissue box: without the Event threads they should search among thousands and thousands of pages in this thread! It would be harder and even a bit daunting!:14066882:

instead we have the events thread, so we go and post some things in there stuff like the detailed practice reports (or our complaints for Yuzuru trolling all of us again), so content is a bit more organized and people can find things more easily...and this general chat can take a breath (otherwise we'd have already cleared 4000 pages by now, I think:tumblr_inline_ncmifdw7151rpglid:).

Of course in the event threads there are also some reports about other skaters, but this is still a Yuzu forum :tumblr_inline_mqt4graWWO1qz4rgp: so whenever Yuzu is competing the posts become quite unbalanced :biggrin: (like number of pages of the olympics practice thread more than doubling in a few hours because Yuzuru had a single and very short training session:10814716:)

so come and enjoy Yuzu in the practice thread, there is plenty of our trollKing waiting for you:tumblr_inline_ncmif5EcBB1rpglid: and some cute pics of other skaters that can make you smile all the same:tumblr_inline_n18qraikFP1qid2nw:

(Of course this whole post might be already useless by now and you are happily drowning in Yuzu's practice content, because this reply of mine is slower than the slowest snail :13877886:)

I'm still thinking about smiley Yuzuru bouncing around on the ice. It makes me emotional, his sheer happiness of being there:tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw: 

Let's create a personalized Olympic theme for Yuzuru. Perhaps this will be a way out? Quickly new and old members will be able to find one. All information about Yuzuru for the Olympics will be there . And the topic will not have time to grow to dimensions that can't be read. What do you think of it? :smiley-love017:

hace 1 minuto , Marinn said:

Let's create a personalized Olympic theme for Yuzuru. Perhaps this will be a way out? Quickly new and old members will be able to find one. All information about Yuzuru for the Olympics will be there . And the topic will not have time to grow to dimensions that can't be read. What do you think of it? :smiley-love017:

Yeah, I also agree in this.

2 時間前, sweetwaterさんが言いました:

I remember this article. I think I still have it in my closet!

They are almost same age (Miho is a year older,) but she had already skated in Olympics, so Yuzu is calling her "senpai" and asking her many questions regarding Olympics here.

Happy Miho finally won an Olympic medal because she has been fighting with the pressure since she was a junior high school student. Hope Yuzu will have a great Olympics too.

One of the topics in this article I often recall is their dialects. Miho is from Hokkaido and Hokkaido shares some part of their culture and dialect with Tohoku, where Yuzu lived. So they are talking about their dialects too. There is a word "いづい izui" which means uncomfortable, ill-fitting, awkward, etc. used both in Hokkaido and Tohoku. Yuzu is saying that when he says "いづい" to Brian he says "easy?", which actually means opposite of いづい. At the end of the article, he says that he definitely wants to compete at Olympics and get a result which is not いづい.

There might be a translation of this article somewhere since it's old.

I was really really happy for her medal today. 

What's more, Japan got 3 medal tonight.  Im so relieved to think how much it lighten the burden of medal from the nation to yuzu.

I wish someone will take Gold before Men's event. 

He just wanted to make a statement (cake) in front of the media :smiley-laughing021:

Yuzu: You all thought I won't pooh my way huh

Yuzu: Well too bad, it took me precious time for to come up with the masterplan muahahahaha

- yuzu bows -

Media 1: Are you for real

Media 2: Whaa-

Brian to Yuzu: See I told you there was an alternative apart from me wearing a pooh costume

Yuzu: You still have to carry it around

Brian: laugh* I'm used to it by now boy

Internet world: WE GOT TROLLED AGAIN

6 minutes ago, MrPudding said:

eagle eye fans :13877886: lucky Ryoukou..

Pretty sure it's a fan gift :rofl:which would make sense, gifting him things that he can use like towels or Pooh Kleenex boxes :tumblr_inline_mzx8s4JRlX1r8msi5: (it says Hanyu kun good luck! too, so i think it screams fan gift haha)nearlyhadaheartattackbeforethisloaded