General Yuzuru Chat

2 minutes ago, liv said:

It seems like he and Brian got their stories straight and both have now said Yuzu can change his plan since they have a few to work with... I like it when they have a strategy planned in advance, even when it's just something like what they are going to say to the media...

Yeah I like it too, it avoids letting media get too crazy.

55 分, livさんが言いました:

It seems like he and Brian got their stories straight and both have now said Yuzu can change his plan since they have a few to work with... I like it when they have a strategy planned in advance, even when it's just something like what they are going to say to the media...

It's funny how circumstances have forced him to switch from his usual straightforward style of revealing all his cards--which usually isn't much of a surprise because they basically just show that he'd be going in with his full arsenal blazing--to a sneakier form of warfare with each season that passed. He's now a full-on sneaky chessmeister, with new character alignment and everything. Talk about character development. Not sure if it's his preferred method but with the field depth and his limits, and the way *they* (some, not all) seem to be employing strategy against *him*, maybe he felt he didn't really have a choice either way. >_<

Like, if it weren't for the recent injury he came back from, he might have just gone on his merry bullheaded way to try to plow over everyone with his Awesomeness™ but since that isn't going to work anymore, what with his resources more limited and restricted now, he might as well also try to show them who's boss in outsneaking everyone by cleverly employing what he does have in hand. It's another challenge and if his strategy works, he'd be winning more than just the competition. xD

3 hours ago, MrPudding said:

DVwznmPVoAAAKvz.jpg

honestly this picture is embedding itself in history right now 

when i woke up this morning, I went looking for updates and thought this was a joke....yikes! Glad to see he's well-protected though. On Yuzu's left looks like a JSF official, with airport personnel in front (or maybe ANA)? Then the security guards.

4 hours ago, YH7892 said:

Super. I dont really watch live but I tried once at wtt, gurl I feel like im having heart attack. My whole body was weak.

So i will not watch the competition live.

I feel you. I still remembered how I watched H&L online live. The only thing in my mind was he made a jump, he made another one... he cleaned.. cry... :sadPooh:

I am thinking about how yuzu feels at the beginning of Chopin... thinking for 5 seconds, I can hear my heart beats... both cases, my Fitbit told me my heart rate increased a lot...:facepalm:I don’t know if I can survive this week...but I am 100% sure I will watch it. 

7 minutes ago, SSS said:

I feel you. I still remembered how I watched H&L online live. The only thing in my mind was he made a jump, he made another one... he cleaned.. cry... :sadPooh:

I am thinking about how yuzu feels at the beginning of Chopin... thinking for 5 seconds, I can hear my heart beats... both cases, my Fitbit told me my heart rate increased a lot...:facepalm:I don’t know if I can survive this week...but I am 100% sure I will watch it. 

I’m going to force myself to watch it .. but might close my eyes during the jumps. :smiley-scared005:

4 часа назад, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ сказал:

He wasn't in perfect shape. Far from it. Both physically and mentally. If that performance reflected anything it's his iron will and ironheadedness. Which unfortunately didn't last long enough to carry him through the FS. But it's amazing enough that it did for the SP so that was likely the best outcome we could've gotten from that whole scenario. He's admitted to overconfidence being a character flaw and it probably did play a role to what happened that day, but not in the way you seem to be thinking.

He did, however, claim that he was in perfect mental and physical shape for the WC17 short but then it didn't reflect as well as he hoped in his performance. By the time of his FS, he was so fatigued mentally and physically his body was pretty much on autopilot. But look what happened. So he's since learned that not being in perfect shape doesn't mean he can't deliver, and that being in a perfect one doesn't absolutely mean he can. What conclusion he's been able to draw from learning these two lessons is anyone's guess.

I doubt anybody will state that he isn't in perfect shape before the competition.

I also think Yuzu knows well all his shortcomings: being overconfident, wanting smth too much, thinking too much etc. I hope all his past experiences (good and bad) will help here. But mostly I hope that familiar music of his programmes (every second of which he surely knows by heart already) will help in carrying him through performance. And trusting his training of course, which I'm sure was as good as it could be at this point.

I can't imagine how it must feel like not wanting to see him live! To me, live is everything there is to it... it's the beauty of a performance, like the difference between listening a concert with headphones and listening to it live... I don't know. I'm gonna die if I don't watch it live. I've survived ACI FS and WTT SP, so I should be fine, right? xD Bomb proof. 

13 hours ago, Geo1 said:

Definitely way too short. Probably had no chance to be fitted in person. I hope Team Japan will provide them with a better fitting blazer before too long!

13 hours ago, Killaa said:

In 2014 he arrived with too big suits. 4 years later he arrived with a too shorts suit. Is the life story of Hanyu Yuzuru 

Let me question the 172cm :pouty:

the tailer may also underestimate our lord’s muscles.:devilYuzu:

Rewatching ESP's coverage of Yuzuru's record breaking FS in World 2017 (because I'm on yet another Yuzu binge) and when they said

"how on earth! With all the pressure that was on him, and all the frustration he must have felt in warm up when it just wasn't coming together, to come out and produce like that! The man is a phenomenon!"

I'm like YES PLEASE LET THAT BE TRUE IN A FEW DAYS TIME!! All that immense pressure, the frustration of everything, would break anyone else. But oh gosh please please please Yuzu you can do it!!! :tumblr_inline_mzx922J8H21r8msi5:

1 hour ago, Sammie said:

I’m going to force myself to watch it .. but might close my eyes during the jumps. :smiley-scared005:

If I'm watching at home, I'll close my eyes before the jumps, but have to turn down the volume on the TV too, since you know by the reaction of the crowd what has happened. However, if I'm watching live, I force myself to watch the whole thing---feel guilty for spending so much money on tickets and then miss what I've come to see!

I can't imagine not watching an important comp live. I missed livestream of SC and ACI a couple of times cuz they are in the middle of the night for me (though watched most of them) and last season's 4CC cuz of vacation. But all other times I woke up in the middle of the night, or watched at work without sound, or on my tablet when out of home/work. Of course I'm nervous as hell every time but still I can't imagine myself not watching when I know he's skating somewhere. I even find it less scary seeing everything happening right now than opening a results page in the morning.

I have missed some comps but not the most important ones. I can't even think of just waiting until the scores come, I would die of nervousness :tumblr_inline_mzx91uuLRI1r8msi5: When I was in Helsinki Worlds, I was so nervous before the FS that I couldn't sleep at all... xd During the free program I felt like I wanted to close my eyes every time he jumped, but I couldn't help but just stare wide-eyed. I don't think I even blinked during the program, nor breathed :tumblr_inline_n18qr5AMus1qid2nw: I have no idea how I'll make it through the Olympics... :tumblr_inline_ncmiffG34Z1rpglid: