General Yuzuru Chat

i thought i would be calm when yuzu arrives. gosh...i didn't realise that i keep on checking this planet for his holy arrival :13877886:

i could imagine media and fans are preparing for ambush while yuzu try to ninja his way there. let's see who is the first one gona get him. and im gona prepare myself for avalanches of yuzu news and images hours from now...:10636614:

4 hours ago, micaelis said:

Everybody seems to be thinking Yuzu and company are flying commercial.  Has anybody thought that they might have chartered a flight?  A Gulfstream 650E (a business jet) can make it from Toronto to Seoul in roughly the same amount of time as a commercial airliner without needing to refuel.  There would be the money to afford such a charter (with all his endorsement income) and the advantage there is that they could fly directly to the local airport for PC.  There would be no need to make the trip by auto from Seoul.  Moreover there would be privacy there since the only passengers would be those with TCC and (probably) Yuzu's mother.  Security would be better there also if the only passengers are the ones one wants to travel with.    Additionally a 650E has a sleeping compartment with a double bed and seats in the passenger compartment that can be folded out as cots so Yuzu and the others could start getting a jump on jet lag by leaving Toronto at a time when with sleeping on the flight they would arrive in Korea at a time that would have him arriving roughly in sync with Korea time.  Just a thought.

I've wondered about that. Because if I were him, that's exactly what I would want to do. He's skating's rockstar and I'm sure he can afford it---although it's possible he wouldn't even have to pick up the tab for it himself.

7 minutes ago, SparkleSalad said:

I almost expect a red carpet to be rolled out for him at this point. 

You know what, there are 2 flights to Incheon that arrive at roughly the same time. 

Imagine if one carried Javi, and one carried Yuzu, and the media doesn't know which carried which. So they ambush one entrance, roll out a red carpet, only to get Javi coming out with Tracy, strolling casually  in Gangnam style. 

While plane no. 2 carrying Yuzu, arrives 10 mins early, and he sneaks out at the same time as Javi gets ambushed by the media.

9 minutes ago, katonice said:

Somehow I feel it would be so surreal to see him again. After not seeing him for so long. 

yeahh, and we're not even his Jpn fans who have religiously followed him EVERYWHEREEEE for years or smt. Imagine meeting him after months, in the holy Oly, just in neighboring Korea, I'm sure his fans alr camping ambushing him in every possible airport exit :peekapooh:

6 minutes ago, Xen said:

You know what, there are 2 flights to Incheon that arrive at roughly the same time. 

Imagine if one carried Javi, and one carried Yuzu, and the media doesn't know which carried which. So they ambush one entrance, roll out a red carpet, only to get Javi coming out with Tracy, strolling casually  in Gangnum style. 

While plane no. 2 carrying Yuzu, arrives 10 mins early, and he sneaks out at the same time as Javi gets ambushed by the media.

The Korean Air flight would make sense if it was arranged and covered by the organizers. But usually it seems flights arranged by organizers are economy class (and I doubt the Olympics will be an exception, especially since there are many more athletes... though I guess it depends on how other sports work... no real idea).

I doubt Yuzu would give up the likely first class ANA could probably get him on Air Canada to travel economy for 14 hours on Korean Air, IF that's the case.

Javi might be more tricky, but I'm pretty sure ANA could arrange something unless Javi has 10 people in tow, because traveling on separate flights at the same time would be kind of stupid. (And Javi does have sponsors who could probably splurge a bit like this to get him a first class ticket, especially if ANA helps pave the way.) But who knows... then again, Brian apparently said all three would travel together, so I'm leaning towards same plane and not parallel ones lol *has weird mental image of two planes flying side by side and Yuzu and Javi waving at each other through the windows*

Though now I had a flashback of a Javi and Brian picture on instagram on a small plane at some point or other, so maybe charter isn't unlikely either...

5 hours ago, micaelis said:

Everybody seems to be thinking Yuzu and company are flying commercial.  Has anybody thought that they might have chartered a flight?  A Gulfstream 650E (a business jet) can make it from Toronto to Seoul in roughly the same amount of time as a commercial airliner without needing to refuel.  There would be the money to afford such a charter (with all his endorsement income) and the advantage there is that they could fly directly to the local airport for PC.  There would be no need to make the trip by auto from Seoul.  Moreover there would be privacy there since the only passengers would be those with TCC and (probably) Yuzu's mother.  Security would be better there also if the only passengers are the ones one wants to travel with.    Additionally a 650E has a sleeping compartment with a double bed and seats in the passenger compartment that can be folded out as cots so Yuzu and the others could start getting a jump on jet lag by leaving Toronto at a time when with sleeping on the flight they would arrive in Korea at a time that would have him arriving roughly in sync with Korea time.  Just a thought.

It would never cross Yuzu's mind. Not his style. Notwithstanding his income and rockstar status, he and his family continue to live modestly. (Except for his extravagance in earphones.)

3 minutes ago, Geo1 said:

It would never cross Yuzu's mind. Not his style. Notwithstanding his income and rockstar status, he and his family continue to live modestly. (Except for his extravagance in earphones.)

Probably because it is one extravagance he can hide. How many people can successfully ID all the earphone brands he has without being a bit of an audiophile themselves?

:5a7ce9d358326_offtopic1::5a7ce9d358326_offtopic1::5a7ce9d358326_offtopic1:

Spoiler

I totally missed my alarm that was supposed to wake me up for ladies TE but I ended up missing everything and just woke up literally as the pairs TE is finishing...

oh well...I need to practice this time zone different thing so that I'll be prepared once the actual competition comes :facepalm:

now it's just yuzu's arrival waiting time I guess :laughing:

1 hour ago, SparkleSalad said:

Media is okay, the other ones, though...

I hope fans may behave but lots of media competing for clear images? THAT will be a mess. thats the main reason i'm not going to see him arrive. 

i'd laugh if tracy and javi come out but yuzu pulls a gate change lmao