General Yuzuru Chat

I tell u about my dream last night... I dreamt of being too afraid to watch him live so I wait til it over to go to planethanyu, and the head banner popped up was "OLYMPIC GOLD" in capital, bold font in place of PLANET HANYU on current banner. OMG I even saw Yuzu w his medal on the blue banner, it feels tooooo real until I woke up and realized he hasn't even competed ....

SKATING GOD DID YOU GET INTO MY DREAM TO REVEAL SMT :war:

Ad pls realize my dream if our king succeeds :embSwan:

4 hours ago, micaelis said:

Everybody seems to be thinking Yuzu and company are flying commercial.  Has anybody thought that they might have chartered a flight?  A Gulfstream 650E (a business jet) can make it from Toronto to Seoul in roughly the same amount of time as a commercial airliner without needing to refuel.  There would be the money to afford such a charter (with all his endorsement income) and the advantage there is that they could fly directly to the local airport for PC.  There would be no need to make the trip by auto from Seoul.  Moreover there would be privacy there since the only passengers would be those with TCC and (probably) Yuzu's mother.  Security would be better there also if the only passengers are the ones one wants to travel with.    Additionally a 650E has a sleeping compartment with a double bed and seats in the passenger compartment that can be folded out as cots so Yuzu and the others could start getting a jump on jet lag by leaving Toronto at a time when with sleeping on the flight they would arrive in Korea at a time that would have him arriving roughly in sync with Korea time.  Just a thought.

I considered a charter as well, but I think it'd be complicated. ANA might cover the expenses on Yuzu's side, but I doubt Javi has enough to cover his side and I also doubt he'd be willing to have Yuzu/ANA pay for the whole thing. On top of that, Air Canada is part of Star Alliance, as is ANA. So I tend to believe, through that connection, ANA would be able to allow Yuzu to travel just as if it were an ANA flight. Personally, I'd have a laugh if all the media were in Seoul waiting for airliner flights from Toronto, only to then hear Yuzu &co. landed at Gangneung unseen and unbothered and we won't see him until he sets foot on the ice. But I tend to doubt that. I think a charter would have made more sense if all of TCC traveled together at the same time. But with just Yuzu, Javi, Tracy, Ghislain (if he's not already there?), Yuzu's mom and Kikuchi and who knows who else, I'm not sure it's worth it.

But we'll see...

As for Yuzu's schedule... he's training on the Monday but has practice on Tuesday... I wonder if that means he'll spend Monday ninja-ing at a privately rented rink and Tuesday he'll do official practice because it's on the main rink, so he'll get to get used to the ice... And I hope the press conference will be 5 minutes tops. (Kobayashi-san and her stopwatch in action, please!)

As for his father, if that was in Sochi, it also makes sense because for Sochi they went with "it's just another competition". Now it's different and it's close, plus the free is on Saturday, so I think even his father could do a weekend trip to Korea without having to skip work. Also, it's possible they haven't seen him since November, so... who knows. (I hope someone brought Javi's parents... they're adorable lol)

ETA: if they're on the Air Canada flight, they'll be landing in about 2 hours and 40 minutes, because there is almost an hour delay. They're flying over Russia soon to cross over into Korea. And that's as much as I'll reveal about my stalking skills >_> (actually, I just get a kick out of trying - and managing - to find out stuff like that, though I normally keep results to myself. But since the scheduled landing time was already posted... plus it's not like it's hard to find this lol)