General Yuzuru Chat

Just read Kyodo article. I must say Brian is doing a great job for hyping up Yuzuru. His words are so strong and straighforword.  I have a feeling he's pretty annoyed about the uncertain and doubts :laughing:
So seem like the 4lo in FS is undecided. I think its wise to go back with 4S/4T SP layout as he's very comfortable it (he went clean for 4/5 times). I still refuse to believe the king of 3A will only do once in FS at Olympics. Sorry most men's 3A this season aren't sacrifice for this  :tantrum:

1 час назад, xeyra сказал:

Shoma Uno looks sharp in workout; Brian Orser weighs in on Yuzuru Hanyu’s training

Seems like the 4S/4Lo/3F // 4S3T/4T1Lo3S/4T/3A2T/3Lz layout may be coming. Even if he replaced 4Lo by 3Lo, it still only means one 3A. Cue mourning. 

*target removed*

I'm OK with Chopin ACI layout, I think his 4S looks great, light and airy which fits the music maybe more then 4Lo, but to dump 4Lo from FS.... uh-oh, that would be sad :tumblr_inline_ncmif7esGm1rpglid:

1 час назад, MrPudding сказал:

It's okay :tumblr_inline_ncmif7esGm1rpglid: he's just preparing for 4A next next year :peekapooh:

I'm not ready to worry about new crazy things rn, need him to finish this season in one piece at first :tumblr_inline_n18qr5AMus1qid2nw:

4 minutes ago, Katt said:

Just read Kyodo article. I must say Brian is doing a great job for hyping up Yuzuru. His words are so strong and straighforword.  I have a feeling he's pretty annoyed about the uncertain and doubts :laughing:
So seem like the 4lo in FS is undecided. I think its wise to go back with 4S/4T SP layout as he's very comfortable it (he went clean for 4/5 times). I still refuse to believe the king of 3A will only do once in FS at Olympics. Sorry most men's 3A this season aren't sacrifice for this  :tantrum:

If the 4Lo recovers good consistency and he uses it in the FS, then it's 50-50 whether he goes for 5 or 4 quads 2x 3A. But if he has to ditch the 4Lo from the FS too, then he's definitely doing two 4S and two 4Ts and sacrificing the second 3A. He isn't going to compromise enough to go back to a 3-quad layout again.

1 hour ago, yude said:

When he first got on the ice in the beginning of January, he did 1A, and then did 2A but failed, so he tried 3A and succeeded. After that, he has been doing well. 

Well it’s a common knowledge that our boy had ditched 2A since forever lol :xD:

18 hours ago, Xen said:

I wish they left Nathan alone so he could train?  He's trying really hard to maintain focus on himself and not other skaters, and yet media keeps on trying to drag his concentration away. 

12 hours ago, Wolflax said:

Me too; I've been more worried about the Nathan-hype affecting Nathan than it affecting Yuzuru tbh. The USFS has a long history of (making) their skaters bomb due to nerves probably secondary to overhyping. But I'm glad that here it sounds like he's not taking it seriously and knows how US media works. I'm sure Yuzuru would want everyone to do well so he can crush them properly :biggrin:

I can't seem to view the TCC video though; looks like we've overloaded it :(

Aww, poor guy...I agree. I do feel like the U.S. is heavily promoting Nathan at a rate that they're puting too much hype and pressure on him as a first-time Olympian with so many expectations from his country/media. (this is coming from someone who generally wants everyone to do well, especially Yuzuru's rivals for good competition)

6 hours ago, Anya said:

AERA covers for comparison purposes :biggrin:

The new cover totally blew me away and is conceptually so much better than the previous covers. Completely in love with how the photographer staged the whole shoot, along with the lighting, tone, setting (beautiful blue flowers), editing and most of all capturing Yuzuru's soft yet serious expression. The release of this cover defines Yuzuru's presence as the official 'ice prince' of figure skating :smiley-love017: wish I came in time to buy a copy on Amazon though! :8430721: He really needs to do more of these non-typical, dreamy and more artistic photoshoots from now on!

4 minutes ago, xeyra said:

If the 4Lo recovers good consistency and he uses it in the FS, then it's 50-50 whether he goes for 5 or 4 quads 2x 3A. But if he has to ditch the 4Lo from the FS too, then he's definitely doing two 4S and two 4Ts and sacrificing the second 3A. He isn't going to compromise enough to go back to a 3-quad layout again.

He won't definitely go back to a 3-quad layout. I wonder if his FS layout will be the same as H&L (which means higher chances that he'll skate clean) or if he'll challenge himself doing 5 quads :confused:

2 minutes ago, Altie said:

I love Brian Orser <3

Yes,  and with all the recent talks he gave, I guess north american (specifically US) media must have really hit a nerve.

What's with all this stuff on twitter about pooh-shaped pasta?

*goes and researches about the possibility of making pooh shaped dumplings for Lunar New year's, or maybe pooh shaped bread for family breakfast*

7 minutes ago, yuzuangel said:

I heard it's from 2016

Might explain why it looks like it's from 2016, then! :biggrin:

Looking at other issues, they sure like guy on a bed of flowers for the cover but the inside tends to be more shooting around quiet streets and cafes.

9 minutes ago, Altie said:

I love Brian Orser <3

www.planetorser.com

Someone get on it.

From what I've seen on another site, it's a three pages interview and either the cover, or possibly another page. It could, therefore, be just the cover picture that is older, and the rest is from August... or maybe it's all from 2016, but why publish it now?

2 minutes ago, KatjaThera said:

From what I've seen on another site, it's a three pages interview and either the cover, or possibly another page. It could, therefore, be just the cover picture that is older, and the rest is from August... or maybe it's all from 2016, but why publish it now?

Because it will sell out in 5 hours. :P