General Yuzuru Chat

2 minutes ago, KatjaThera said:

Brian should really know better after dealing with Yuzu for 6 years. If there's a loophole, Yuzu will find it :P

4S layout sounds likely... that did work great at ACI and if he's nervous about 4Lo (as he seemed to be lately; or maybe I'm projecting), it makes a lot more sense. He might try 4Lo in the FP, though. Maybe WTT layout... (only without 3A as a final jump)? Though having prepared 4Lo as the second jump, it'd maybe make more sense to leave that there and replace the 4Lz with something else. (I think someone suggested 4T instead of 4Lz, to have it be a toe jump as well. Now I'm curious if that'd be easier than 4S... though this should probably go to the Skating thread ^_^; )

but he could also do lo in sp? cause 4lo was in last year layout.. and he's been doing 3 run through everyday. I feel like he could've been more consistent along with his confidence :shrug:

2 minutes ago, PomeloPooh said:

Remember last time 家庭畫報 went out of stock too almost no time after the glasses!pudding!yuzu photos came out? This cover is much more destructive than that...:Poohgaveup:

Tbh I didn't really like the Kateigaho photos and to me the Aera cover looks okay, I'm just dying to see the possibility of floral technicolour inside and something new. Now I hope it's just more white shirt. :angrypooh: Why don't they ever print enough? Do they hate money?

4 minutes ago, MrPudding said:

but he could also do lo in sp? cause 4lo was in last year layout.. and he's been doing 3 run through everyday. I feel like he could've been more consistent along with his confidence :shrug:

I expected 4lo to be a piece of cake after last season, because he'd gotten so comfortable with it, but he seemed a bit weary with it this season, possibly because of having to train it less, I don't know. Or like I said, I could be projecting, because there were so many pops, it seemed to be badly misbehaving.

But the wording in that, with 'maybe 4Lo in FS' sounds like 4Lo is only being considered as a possibility for the FS. He might have been doing the run throughs with the ACI layout, for all we know. It's not ideal, by Yuzu standards, but I think it's less problematic than a toned down FS. I agree that if he takes out the loop as well, we'll all probably die several deaths, having tormenting ACI FS flashbacks. I don't think he'll take it out and I tend to think if he goes WTT layout, he'll decide 4T or 3A in the XX-Lo-3S combination on the spot, depending on how he feels, stamina-wise. It'd make sense, I think, even if potentially risky.

27 minutes ago, yude said:

Orser talked with the media again today.

・Yuzuru is going to do 2 quads in SP, 4 or 5 quads in FS, choose one from three patterns.
・He is planning to do 4T and 4S, but 4Lo is uncertain yet.
・He was doing physical training and image training of the jumps when he was off the ice, and now he has been building up the stamina doing runthrough 3 times for SP and about 2 times for FS a day.
・When he first got on the ice in the beginning of January, he did 1A, and then did 2A but failed, so he tried 3A and succeeded. After that, he has been doing well. 

https://www.nikkei.com/article/DGXMZ...8UU8000/?pye=1

And this TV show says he will arrive in Korea tomorrow, Feb. 9. I'm not sure where this is coming from (Orser said this to the media today?:confused:), but we better be ready either way :biggrin:

https://twitter.com/tyugaeri/status/961507336111058944

The 2A fail part made me laugh. I bet that was a delayed single that he managed to do, too. And is that around the time that 3A came back for quite a few men, to celebrate? And then he started jumping quads and 3A decided to make its displeasure known by leaving all the men?

This should be unsettling for his competition. Nobody has beaten Yuzu's total with four clean quads. Hell, beating Yuzu's Seimei with three is difficult enough. Odds of going clean go way up if he jumps two sals and two toe loops. If Yuzu is clean with four quads, skating to Seimei, and clean with two skating Chopin... How many quads will they have to jump to catch up? With every quad after four, their GOE and PCS might go down with a strict panel. Risk of mistakes goes up. Yuzu might be less competitive if he tries five or more quads, if his stamina isn't back up properly, judging by how this season has gone and how everybody else has performed so far.

3 minutes ago, KatjaThera said:

I expected 4lo to be a piece of cake after last season, because he'd gotten so comfortable with it, but he seemed a bit weary with it this season, possibly because of having to train it less, I don't know. Or like I said, I could be projecting, because there were so many pops, it seemed to be badly misbehaving.

But the wording in that, with 'maybe 4Lo in FS' sounds like 4Lo is only being considered as a possibility for the FS. He might have been doing the run throughs with the ACI layout, for all we know. It's not ideal, by Yuzu standards, but I think it's less problematic than a toned down FS. I agree that if he takes out the loop as well, we'll all probably die several deaths, having tormenting ACI FS flashbacks. I don't think he'll take it out and I tend to think if he goes WTT layout, he'll decide 4T or 3A in the XX-Lo-3S combination on the spot, depending on how he feels, stamina-wise. It'd make sense, I think, even if potentially risky.

I feel that with lz out of the way, his focus on lo might have gotten better. And I agree with with you, he could also do WTT layout because for now that is what we've actually seen him tried :facepalm:

1 minute ago, MrPudding said:

I feel that with lz out of the way, his focus on lo might have gotten better. And I agree with with you, he could also do WTT layout because for now that is what we've actually seen him tried :facepalm:

I hope you're right. It'd be a shame for the 4Lo to continue misbehaving. (I guess 4S was the same with 4Lo in the picture last year, so now 4Lo was like that for 4Lz :P) Something new could be interesting, too. Like I said, the issue would be switching 4Lo - with all its steps and timed entrance and exist - to the beginning, which I'm not sure is that easy. On the other hand, I'm sure he and Shae had plenty of time to discuss such options... maybe... unless he thought it all himself.

And just as and FYI, it's sold out on hmv through rakuten as well...

"The blood, sweat and tears, we need to do at home, and not in this sort of fishbowl. He will do three run-throughs at the start of the session and most people do one. He will do two free skates out of a session and most people do one."

"He did a lot of stuff off the ice and he does a lot of visual training anyway. But now he did extra and he did a lot of physical training off the ice, so in some ways, he is in much better shape than he ever would have been because he had to do all this other training," said Orser.

1 minute ago, SparkleSalad said:

Whoever was lucky enough to get a copy... super high-res scans plz...  :13877886:

I first tried to pre-order on amazon and my proxy told me they have this thing where you must order at least 2000Yen worth of stuff. I didn't have anything else I wanted, so I tried rakuten, found it, but when to pay, they told me it was sold out. (And meanwhile I heard it sold out on amazon, too). Now I wish I had gotten 4 on Amazon... :sadPooh:

Wow, those are some fighting words from Brian.

Throwing out the reference to Worlds Helsinki and how they are preparing the same way. Saying Yuzu's stamina is better than before because of the intensive conditioning he had to do. The extra runthroughs. His toe and sal are even better than before.

And how Yuzu's speed, flow, charisma and distance on ice during jumps are far better than anybody else's.

Brian is in full PR fightback mode, and media seem to be lapping it up.