General Yuzuru Chat

17 minutes ago, xeyra said:

Shoma Uno looks sharp in workout; Brian Orser weighs in on Yuzuru Hanyu’s training

Seems like the 4S/4Lo/3F // 4S3T/4T1Lo3S/4T/3A2T/3Lz layout may be coming. Even if he replaced 4Lo by 3Lo, it still only means one 3A. Cue mourning. 

*target removed*

"I already read them." :13877886: What was that about how he should not be reading stuff about himself online? >_>

Orser talked with the media again today.

・Yuzuru is going to do 2 quads in SP, 4 or 5 quads in FS, choose one from three patterns.
・He is planning to do 4T and 4S, but 4Lo is uncertain yet.
・He was doing physical training and image training of the jumps when he was off the ice, and now he has been building up the stamina doing runthrough 3 times for SP and about 2 times for FS a day.
・When he first got on the ice in the beginning of January, he did 1A, and then did 2A but failed, so he tried 3A and succeeded. After that, he has been doing well. 

https://www.nikkei.com/article/DGXMZO26682050Y8A200C1UU8000/?pye=1

And this TV show says he will arrive in Korea tomorrow, Feb. 9. I'm not sure where this is coming from (Orser said this to the media today?:confused:), but we better be ready either way :biggrin:

1 minute ago, SparkleSalad said:

I know but :( 4Lz I could care less about but I'll miss that heavely loop. It's my favourite after 3A. v_v

Honestly, the loop has seemed so moody this year I was almost less worried about the 4Lz than the 4Lo... But we'll see. It wouldn't be the first time Brian says something and Yuzu comes up with something else. Then again, he does seem far more grounded and grown up, so he might actually choose the sensible thing to do...

3 minutes ago, KatjaThera said:

"I already read them." :13877886: What was that about how he should not be reading stuff about himself online? >_>

Orser forgot to add no newspaper allowed in the instructions. 

2 minutes ago, yude said:

・Yuzuru is going to do 2 quads in SP, 4 or 5 quads in FS, choose one from three patterns.
・He was doing physical training and image training of the jumps when he was off the ice, and now he has been building up the stamina doing runthrough 3 times for SP and about 2 times for FS a day.
・When he first got on the ice in the beginning of January, he did 1A, and then did 2A but failed, so he tried 3A and succeeded. After that, he has been doing well. 

https://www.nikkei.com/article/DGXMZ...8UU8000/?pye=1

And this TV show says he will arrive in Korea tomorrow, Feb. 9. I'm not sure where this is coming from (Orser said this to the media today?), but we better be ready either way 

https://twitter.com/tyugaeri/status/961507336111058944

So he is going 4sal layout for SP? Guess he cannot.do 2A.

2 minutes ago, yude said:

https://www.nikkei.com/article/DGXMZ...8UU8000/?pye=1

And this TV show says he will arrive in Korea tomorrow, Feb. 9. I'm not sure where this is coming from (Orser said this to the media today?), but we better be ready either way 

https://twitter.com/tyugaeri/status/961507336111058944

Why did he even bother with 2A? lol We already know he can't do that anymore, even when he's in top shape. lol (just kidding)

And I hope they're wrong. I don't want him anywhere near the Olympic Village before it's truly necessary with all those horror stories >_< (I also don't actually get why Brian is telling the media this... like there won't be enough mayhem when he comes anyway, even without it being confirmed by his coach...)

“Orser is perhaps the smartest man in skating, so one has to wonder if there isn’t something of a mind game going on here as his comments continue to ramp up. Surely all of Hanyu’s competitors or their coaches are reading what Orser is saying and being impacted by his statements.”

I like their way of thinking... Probably because if it is true there’s a bigger chance of 2*3A staying in the lp... I feel insecure without them both there qwq.

Btw, Aera just went out of stock on Amazon. How long has it been, 5 hours?

I think he'll still stick with 4Lo thou... The thing w Hanyu is, if he gets held back mentally for whatever reason, he might bring a half-ass perf like ACI FS this year. Even taking a risk w his 1st 4lz and struggling somewhat for the rest made a better outcome. He alr makes up his mind to leave 4lz out, don't think he'll go further than that. Thou I hope whatever decision he makes, his mind can come to term with it properly to avoid underdoing, or overdoing, neither of which would bring good result.

2 minutes ago, Xen said:

Orser forgot to add no newspaper allowed in the instructions. 

So he is going 4sal layout for SP? Guess he cannot.do 2A.

Brian should really know better after dealing with Yuzu for 6 years. If there's a loophole, Yuzu will find it :P

4S layout sounds likely... that did work great at ACI and if he's nervous about 4Lo (as he seemed to be lately; or maybe I'm projecting), it makes a lot more sense. He might try 4Lo in the FP, though. Maybe WTT layout... (only without 3A as a final jump)? Though having prepared 4Lo as the second jump, it'd maybe make more sense to leave that there and replace the 4Lz with something else. (I think someone suggested 4T instead of 4Lz, to have it be a toe jump as well. Now I'm curious if that'd be easier than 4S... though this should probably go to the Skating thread ^_^; )

Just now, MrPudding said:

Noooo I haven't finish my assignment yet :sadPooh:

arriving on the 11th is the perfect time for me :13877886:

Me too, my big exam is on 11th morning:13877886:

But it might not be true. I saw someone say that it could be because they use news articles as sources, and some articles say that he’s arriving “after the opening ceremony on the 9th.” They might have misinterpreted.