General Yuzuru Chat

Just now, cinemacoconut said:

Statistically Korean people aged 40~50 are famous for sending hate messages due to daily stress. It is the majority of the Korean population hating on him for racist and political reasons. I am starting to be shameful of my own country because they post hate messages of russian and japanese skaters on youtube too. Yunabots are worshipping her like a god and they bash anyone who gets better scores than her, which I find absurd.

Wow. I genuinely feel sorry for them that they'd do something like that at that age. They must be really miserable, and if it's a societal issue, well, I think all the better to ignore them. I don't think you can fight something that deep without getting to the root of the problem. That being said, if it is people of that age, the younger generations, hopefully, are more open minded. I don't know what impact Yuzu has had in Korea but I think such "soft culture" can be very successful in changing minds. 

5 minutes ago, Yuazz said:

Soon... We will see him again.. :sadPooh:

Between chopin and seimei, I really missed seimei. I hope some fans recording the practice or run through. Is there an open practice for public to see? 

Yes, there’s one op on the 15th evening, though I guess it’ll more likely be Chopin since it’s the day before sp.

Well then the hate is going to backfire for Koreans. Yuna fans also bash on every single russin talent who beats her records on youtube calling them russia money or japan money. Someone once said that yuna fans are the cancer of the figure skating community and from what Ive seen on korean websites it is absolutely true. I think fandoms can become like Nazis if they start worshipping their athlete. 

1 minute ago, cinemacoconut said:

why are Yuna fans bashing on yuzuru hanyu for no reason? Jealousy and Envy?

Uhm. Sorry.. Better not discuss that topic here.. 

And don't say that Yuna fans are a bad people. Basically, you're accusing all Yuna fans bashing Hanyu. Not all of them bad, and perhaps people who call themselves a fans but actually they're not. Don't make Fanyus or Yuna fans, debating here. 

Too bad to hear about that hate and how people find a way to be so hurtful. These 2 skaters are totally different, not even competing against each other, or even really overlapping that much in their careers. It is like saying Katarina witt was better than Brian Boitano.  Why bother comparing?? Just ignore. Social media is just too much. 

7 minutes ago, PomeloPooh said:

Yes, there’s one op on the 15th evening, though I guess it’ll more likely be Chopin since it’s the day before sp.

Thanks for answering! Ah too bad it only once, I thought they will let people to see the practice more than once.. I found Sochi fancam on YouTube where yuzu practicing his FP R&J.. It seems they only let people to see them practice once. 

27 minutes ago, cinemacoconut said:

why are Yuna fans bashing on yuzuru hanyu for no reason? Jealousy and Envy?

It doesn’t really have anything to do with Yuna or Yuzu. These kind of people just grab any random chance to vent their frustration in life on internet. It’s obvious they don’t understand a thing about figure skating, if they’re juxtaposing a male and a female skater score-wise, not to mention they’re from different eras. I wouldn’t count them as Yuna fans if they don’t even bother to understand her life’s commitment. It’s just blind internet violence. 

It won’t influence how Yuzu performs. It won’t influence how judges score. It won’t even influence Korean media’s love for him. So why let t get to you? 

(That said, I’m now feeling glad that the Oly tickets are so expensive that the price will keep out this kind of people. 

What does worry me, on contrary, is new fans that may bring k-pop fandom habits into skating. Following him to airports and hotels, flash lights and screaming in the arena during practice or when he jumps... In Yuna’s book she said that’s why she could never do very well competing domestically. I shudder at the thought of that possibility. )

15 minutes ago, PomeloPooh said:

What does worry me, on contrary, is new fans that may bring k-pop fandom habits into skating. Following him to airports and hotels, flash lights and screaming in the arena during practice or when he jumps... In Yuna’s book she said that’s why she could never do very well competing domestically. I shudder at the thought of that possibility. )

I have to admit I am extremely worried about that too

2 minutes ago, Hydroblade said:

I have to admit I am extremely worried about that too

You guys brought up a potential worrying point. But I think it might be alright?

1) You guys are forgetting its the lunar new year's celebration week, that might reduce the amount of fans going to practices. Plus the prices-I think in the end they may show up for competition, but not for open practice. If you factor in how early the practices are, I think that would reduce the locals from attending since they likely won't be living in local hotels?

2) We've had plenty of opportunity to have similar things happen. WC SH with all the chinese fans. I think general, even with the more rabid Chinese fans, they are able to remain quiet and respectful while he practices. There's a certain aura during practice that kind of forces you to not make excessive noise. And if it's just clapping, well he's used to that by now. Plus, there's a bit of "face of the nation" at stake here, and I think that is taken very seriously in east asia, so the more extreme reactions would be subdued out by local fans, and called out for national shaming if they don't subdue down.

3) Mobbing at airports/entrances etc- um, he's used to that by now, and if ACI 2017 was any indication, his team is very good at ninja-ing. And in general team japan is very protective of their skaters.

1 hour ago, cinemacoconut said:

I am really upset at the amount of hate messages on Korean Websites about Yuzuru Hanyu. They are writing hate messages on his news saying that he has no skill and is just benifiting from his nationality and comparing him to Yuna Kim. I am very angry because they are saying that she is way better than him but because she was Korean she was scored lower.

It is absurd. And the more I read it the more stressed out I get. I am Korean but it is ridiculous why an olympic hosting nation has to be so racist against Japanese skaters. Please help me because I am nearly crying. There are thousands of hate messages directed at him on Daum. If you can help please use google translate and defend him on this website.

What you can't do:

Stop the hate, it's a forever existing, unstoppable entity.

What you can do:

1) Understand that the hate towards people like Yuzu are out of pure jealousy and not out of logical thinking. People hate him because there are people who love him. You have to move on from the hate.

2) Accept that haters exist (across the globe) because the more popular you are the more people get jealous and the more hated you become (compared to other skaters he probs has the most love and hate...Well next to Evgenia who sometimes seems to get more unfair hate than deserved love b/c she's essentially forever going against recent and popular legends Yuna and Mao :( ). It's inevitable no matter who you are and what you do.   

3) Learn from their mistakes. Just because they do it to Yuzu doesn't make it okay for us to do the same to Yuna or any other skater. These people are hard-working athletes, every one of them. They deserve, at the very least, our respect. If you don't agree with scores then hate the judges, not the people who have no control over the scores.

4) Help the figure skating community. There are certainly fans like this amongst Yuzu fans as well so if you spot one unfairly bashing on someone, kindly guide them in the right direction since the only people that they'll bother listening to are probably fellow fans. Spread the love <3 , not the hate. 

Also lol this is exactly how I started commenting on here. Stumbled across a Korean Yuzu hate site, freaked out about how it'll affect him at the Olympics, posted then calmed down thanks to the people here. Will forever love this site and it's creators/maintainers for existing. This entire site and its people are like a chill pill for my anxiety.

1 hour ago, cinemacoconut said:

I am really upset at the amount of hate messages on Korean Websites about Yuzuru Hanyu. They are writing hate messages on his news saying that he has no skill and is just benifiting from his nationality and comparing him to Yuna Kim. I am very angry because they are saying that she is way better than him but because she was Korean she was scored lower.

It is absurd. And the more I read it the more stressed out I get. I am Korean but it is ridiculous why an olympic hosting nation has to be so racist against Japanese skaters. Please help me because I am nearly crying. There are thousands of hate messages directed at him on Daum. If you can help please use google translate and defend him on this website.

Don’t be sad. The people who write hate messages will not spend money to go to the Olympics arena and watch skaters. It’s expensive and crazily cold. They would rather stay at home and throw some hate on the website from their comfy seats. 

Yuzuru and all the skaters will never see those comments. Stay calm, things will be fine. 

cinemacoconut,calm down.. I'm usually lurker but, I signed in this time for replying. Yes, I'm Korean,too. And I know this nation's approach or atmosphere for figure skating.. so nationalistic and  aggressive.. esp for JPN, RUS contenter skaters..Also DAUM site is famous for being sucks..of figure skating articles , prejudiced political view and  incomptable whose fan users.. Yuzuru is the most well known Japanese skater this olympic to Korean public since Mao, and Media used him for both good and bad attentions.. I really disliked how to korea media deal with yuzuru.. focusing marketing boost for OLY'S attention ex. ticket sales
Imagine If he is lady skater or Cha is main contenter for podium..the whole nightmare may happen..( * Cha's youtube comments already : he's better than hanyu in Korean..) And I know Most of Koreans are Yuna fan. 80% of Korean people think she's a figureskating godness and don't even know her trade mark jumps. they only see figureskating once during four years. Korean publics only know triple axel (media's effect since due to mao rivalary) haha.  And I guess there are two kinds of yuna fans. First, who are her devoted her fan, at the same time figureskating fan respecting other skaters regardless of nationality. Other kind of  fans are just reckless of many things.. I know yuzu's Korean fan site had only one rule which is not allowed to post yuna related post,comment... for preventing misunerstanding and fan wars.
so I think it's ok unless yuzuru knows Korean and reads Korean news comments. Now we should focus not media, hater comments, rival but his adjustment and journey.  So I recommend that you don't go that site and don't feel irritated. I have a plan that I won't find any Korean news during olys lol for my poor heart. And request for not using tendentious wording on this site.. please, let this place peaceful at least. 
sorry for my English.

lots of people already speak but i just want to reiterate that the people who actually watch figure skating love him, korean media loves him (bc money), the crowd at PC will be completely behind him, so dont worry. remember 4CC last year? lots of koreans even become his fans! remember that news interview about the random ahjussi that immediately choose him without even hearing the question n giggling? lol

the people who spread hate about him are the same group of ppl who spread hate about any russians n japanese athletes regardless of who it was, i bet they dont even follow figure skating seasons. also yuna was actually one of the ppl who inspired yuzu! he watched yuna having programs that blends the jumps with choreo n have lots of transitions n made it his goal to be like that as well :smile: (idk if that added to the reason why he choose borser as coach) so i feel like actual yuna fans would know that? :laughing: