General Yuzuru Chat

http://www.nbcolympics.com/news/coach-brian-orser-updates-gold-medalist-yuzuru-hanyus-injury-recovery

Finally! An English article so that we get Brian’s own words. 

“He’s back jumping and… the whole past week was really good. Every day he was getting stronger and stronger. He’s training without pain, and being cautious and smart.”

“It’s been quite a journey, actually. I’ve learned a lot about him and I think he’s learned a lot about himself. For me, I’m really impressed as to how he’s managed it and kept himself cool. We have a plan and we’re staying on it; every day is getting better. He’s quite remarkable.” 

This could be the competition where he goes in the best shape this season! Loads of conditioning, weeks of very good training where his jumps are behaving, the right amount of time to recover from jet lag and acclimatise but avoid the different flus that seem to be going around...

*checks top of head* Yes, I think this cactus is blooming.

First and foremost, @gladi: a HUGE thank you! A dozen strawberry parfaits and perfect pancakes with jam (hope you like jam) for the translations! Lots of bright news and answers to chew over while we fret over McMemeface.

@SparkleSalad: well Nobu doing a 4Lz, well I guess Yuzu has pressure from his senpais too. Also you forgot this tidbit:

Spoiler

Q –– Following the Sochi Olympics, you’ve made a second consecutive title at the Pyeongchang Olympics your goal. If you were to reach it, are you starting to find your motivation beyond that?

A –– The Quad Axel! Then again, I, love skating. Deeply. For example, Pluschenko. He participated in the team event at the Sochi Olympics and won, so actually, he went on competing until around 31 years of age. I watched his performance as a 20-year-old at the Salt Lake City Olympics in 2002 and came to like figure skating even more, that, I too would like to be in the Olympics! That time, and the overwhelming strength he displayed as gold medalist in the 2006 Turin Olympics, as well as his performance in his late-twenties at the 2010 Vancouver Olympics. They all left different impressions, and each performance had their respective appeal. For that reason, figure skating is something unique, I believe. Producing results isn’t all there is to it––I felt that deeply. That’s why, personally, I’m always able to stay motivated toward figure skating. 

I don't know what to say, but Nessie as motivation after PC? Then you toss in Nobu's 4Lz and his admiration for Plushy, I have a feeling 2022 has a good chance of happening. Well...I've got enough hair to give out I think to last 4 more years.  Also that interview with Daisuke some pages ago, that judges are coming full circle again to value quality rather than just quantity (cause a lot of the guys are getting their quantity wise), Yuzu has a very good chance going forward to retain his spot, since his GOEs are still the best in the business.

28 minutes ago, Bonesfan said:

New York Times Sunday magazine article on the "artistic" side of skating featuring Jason Brown.  

There was a hilarious quote from the author's husband complaining about Nathan and his very "technical program".

“No, I don’t like this,” my husband announced as Chen swept over the ice like Darth Vader. “I don’t want tricks.

I want a guy wearing a see-through leotard who’s pretending to be a swan.”

Well, I'm not sure what would happen if the known guy swan serious wears a leotard (UA is close), especially if you combine that with see-through. Weapon of mass murder confirmed?

1 minute ago, Xen said:

@SparkleSalad: well Nobu doing a 4Lz, well I guess Yuzu has pressure from his senpais too. Also you forgot this tidbit:

Hide contents

I don't know what to say, but Nessie as motivation after PC? Then you toss in Nobu's 4Lz and his admiration for Plushy, I have a feeling 2022 has a good chance of happening. Well...I've got enough hair to give out I think to last 4 more years.  Also that interview with Daisuke some pages ago, that judges are coming full circle again to value quality rather than just quantity (cause a lot of the guys are getting their quantity wise), Yuzu has a very good chance going forward to retain his spot, since his GOEs are still the best in the business.

I saw it but I was trying to hold back tears of joy and there would have been a flood if I had given it a second thought. My happy heart is ballooning rapidly and will soon be outside of my body.

While I was reading Brian’s words about Yuzu training without pain and believing in himself, the song “El Dorado” by EXO magically came on shuffle…I’m not sure if this is a sign but the lyrics couldn't suit him more perfectly... (dorado means "golden")

“Find the El Dorado, I’m leaving right now

The bigger the adventure, the more danger that follows

Into the light that spreads out before us

Toward the future that no one knows of

This walk will be a legend in the days to come

Even if we’re walking in storms on some days

I won’t be afraid, oh El Dorado

Sail sail sail, gotta gotta go go, gotta find the El Dorado

I hear the quiet sound of the wind

Where did it blow from? A golden song

I close my eyes and it gets a little clearer

I can vaguely see that place

Even if the high wave of sand comes crashing down

The destiny I shall meet is El Dorado

In this dangerous journey, obstacles keep coming

But we’ve become one and have overcome everything

The light is getting bigger

No pain no gain

I will prove that those who believed in me were right”

I feel much relieved to open the forum and find really good news:tumblr_inline_n18qraikFP1qid2nw:, as for yuzu not doing the 4lutz, I was actually hoping he would take it out of his fs, in the end, whatever yuzu decides, he knows better what he needs to do, all the experience he accumulated in these years will help him reach his goals for sure. :tumblr_inline_mm2wbaeqQM1qz4rgp:

Me being a wet blanket: Do you think the current report that Yuzu is in good condition might upset people that Yuzu isn't taking part in TE? I don't necessarily mean the Yuzu fans. I think on GS someone even brought up Yuzu's decision affecting Shoma's chances for gold before it was announced Shoma would just do the TE SP.

Well, enough of that. I think now is a good time to start lifting the media blackout too, despite my post earlier today. Once TE happens it might be too late to get any word out if the other men gains momentum. Now it's the perfect time for the Overlord's news to subtly creep into other competitors' ears and be the stuff of nightmares as word gets out that the King will be back to good form.

Anyway, I have many feelings but at the core I just miss watching Yuzu skate happily and healthy.