General Yuzuru Chat

It might be possible that he'll make up his mind about 4Ltz/FS layout after skating Ballade and seeing the SP results... I mean, if he pulls an ACI '17 Chopin or if his main rivals happen to make many mistakes he might not feel the need to go all out in the FS and risk it being unclean

6 minutes ago, ICeleste said:

It might be possible that he'll make up his mind about 4Ltz/FS layout after skating Ballade and seeing the SP results... I mean, if he pulls an ACI '17 Chopin or if his main rivals happen to make many mistakes he might not feel the need to go all out in the FS and risk it being unclean

Yuzuru never change his layout during the competition no matter how others skate. His jumps depend alot on its entry and it takes time to be consistent. The only jumps he yolo a couple of times are 3A and 4T which are very reliable .  He's not Nathan who decide the the layout right before the comp or base on the practice. Not to mention there's not much time after the SP. 

I'm conflicted --> at this point I'd rather the blackout had continued and we didn't get any info at all until we saw Hanyu. Maybe I'm too used to the way of the ninja now.

Nah, I just think after my initial freak out about him not doing Team Event no news at this point is good news because it means less speculation and what-ifs that can cause a blowout in media and fans.

BUT! I've praised TCC and Orser this whole season for doing good with the media so I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and say it's all for the greater good, this leak. We'll see.

After some thoughts... yes he's matured but he is still the same person that fights through everything. He may have a different mindset now but he's not the type that will bring out a 'safe' layout to the Olympics knowing that he can win over anyone easily. Especially after what he have been through (NHK, GPF, Nationals), and he himself knows about the "judging" system. Because he knows about it, he himself once said that his PCS is pretty much maxed out, so only BV is left (this pains me so much to hear him say this.. ffff :tumblr_inline_ncmif7esGm1rpglid:)

And he, someone who truly respect his country is willing to not participate in team events pretty much says about his seriousness to win. In my opinion, Lz or no Lz, people should be scared that he is making this decision. No one can force him to do this unless it is his own decision.

And my gut feeling, his mental state is super focused right now which is good. He is very determined to win. I feel that he will truly give everything he got whether it's 4Lz or 4-4 combo or old combo or new combo, because he is just the type of person that won't play safe even if he knows that he can (in reality) beat anyone and he never underestimate his opponents too. 

And lets not forget, this guy mental state is just iron strong. He got through worse things, he can certainly concour this one. Though I do wonder if he'll do H&L layout or a 5-quad layout. 

But whatever the case is, I feel like this is just a psychological battle that he and his team is playing. He must've calculated everything, what to keep quiet, what to say, when to reveal, when to hide. After all olympics is basically a mental game. Technically it's just another competition.

Although my stomach is feeling uncontrollably bad that I feel like puking and team event is not even passed yet, I will trust him.

Poovalanche will prevail lol. 

Not doing the 4Lz does not mean he has mental or physical blocks with the jump. 

Yuzu went back on the ice for full training on January 8 or thereabout according to the JSF/news.

He hadn't skated since November.

He had 3 types of quads and a 4-5 quad layout to re-train after 2 months off.

4Lz is a new and very moody jump. Even at CoR condition he was only nailing 1 per competition practice session. 

He very likely simply doesn't have the time to get 4Lz back with any kind of consistency with all the other stuff he's had to do and re-train. 

16 minutes ago, lilsailor said:

i wonder if the 4Lz is  a physical or mental issue now :/ 

The 4Lz wasn't even fully stable before the injury, he only had one opportunity to test it in competition and also, it affected the 4Lo. He probably had all his hands full with recovering all his other jumps so I wouldn't conclude he has a mental block or anything. He simply didn't have enough time to get it back

Just to throw more coal on the fire... he has about another week between Brian leaving and his leaving. If he got all his jumps back in four weeks, who knows what else he might get back in another week? :pouty: (Seriously, that's stretching it, but it's Yuzu, so you never know. I did think earlier it'd be hilarious if he turned out as the only skater to tackle 5 quads... though I doubt Nathan will be fooled into that much security as to go for only 4 quads. But it would be really, really funny!)

17 minutes ago, KatjaThera said:

(Seriously, that's stretching it, but it's Yuzu, so you never know. I did think earlier it'd be hilarious if he turned out as the only skater to tackle 5 quads... though I doubt Nathan will be fooled into that much security as to go for only 4 quads. But it would be really, really funny!)

Well, he might be the only male skater to land 5 quads...or even 4 quads, really. Someone like @xeyra has counted all the landed quads vs. planned quads for the season, I think (or I hallucinated it :laughing:). There was a margin. 

Just now, Murieleirum said:

Well, he might be the only male skater to land 5 quads...or even 4 quads, really. Someone like @xeyra has counted all the landed quads vs. planned quads for the season, I think (or I hallucinated it :laughing:). There was a margin. 

Nope, not me. I'm curious to see that list though!

I feel like now we have news every two days... I didn't know how to feel about dropping a new toy at first but if it's not cooperating then it's good decision.

I think it's good Brian spilled some info now, so the press can vent about it and there will be one less question to Yuzu when media'll get access to him.

3 часа назад, xeyra сказал:

I mean, I'm sure this wasn't an easy decision for Yuzu to make considering all he's hoped and planned for at the beginning of the season, but he did damage his ankle pretty darn badly and his recovery did take longer than anticipated. No matter his stubborn spirit, there's just some things you can't fight your body on and compromise is needed between the difficulty you want and the difficulty your body might be able to take. Despite all his talk about going above his limit, his body still experiences some. Though @daisyjune's translation above does say Orser mentioned that all jumps expect 4Lz are going well so maybe it's mostly a question of 4Lz not going to be at a good level in time. As I said on twitter, I still fully expect him to try it at Worlds. 

I agree about body limits. I only hope that Yuzu understands it as well and doesn't feel like dumping 4Lz (for this comp at least) is a step back.