General Yuzuru Chat

I just watched a video here that had a large portion dealing with Yuzu visiting a town that had been very hard hit by the 2011 tsunami.  Seeing his interaction one could see that he was very much involved with what he was seeing and whom he was meeting.  In an earlier post I stated that I thought Yuzu divided his life now to those years before the earthquake and those years after it.  Skating on the ice when everything started shaking he fled the building with his skates on (no skate guards, though), thinking it might come down on him,  and then came those three days in an evacuation center with his family until they were cleared to move  back into their home.  This was for Yuzu an experience unlike any he had had before or since.  It's those moments when he was literally staring death in his face that I feel are most responsible for his lack of arrogance and self-centeredness despite the fact he has become literally a living legend.  So many young people proceed in their lives thinking they are invulnerable and immortal.  Yuzu, though, knows how precious every second of life is.  If anyone wonders how Yuzu maintains his humility and lacks any trace of arrogance, credit it to the earthquake, credit it to those few minutes when Yuzu's world as he knew it seemed ready to come crashing down on him.

5 hours ago, kaeryth said:

Harper Bazaar's 30 Hottest Male Olympians Competing in Pyeongchang

For figure skating:

• Nathan Chen, USA
  • Patrick Chan, Japan :smiley-laughing021:
  • Adam Rippon, USA
  • Javier Fernandez, Spain
  • Andrew Poje, Canada
  • Alex Shibutani, USA
  • Yuzuru Hanyu, Japan

3 hours ago, WinForPooh said:

:/ Nathan is just 18. He's practically still a child. No thirst allowed if they can't buy a drink, that's a good rule, I think.

Nathan is old enough to vote in US elections so :shrug:. He's not even in college though. 

On this note, since Yuzu (other than his muscles) basically looked the same for years, so if he's hot now? Was he hot when he was 18 too? :scratch3:

3 hours ago, MrPudding said:

I'm not crying. It's just the sand from the desert kept coming into my eye. :tumblr_inline_ncmif7esGm1rpglid:

24 minutes ago, singcarcom said:

On this note, since Yuzu (other than his muscles) basically looked the same for years, so if he's hot now? Was he hot when he was 18 too? :scratch3:

To me he looks like a bb until 20 or so. He looks the same now but his muscles and the way he carries himself is different. More take charge?