General Yuzuru Chat

How come we're so silent when I'm online on the Planet, but the second I leave to have life/sleep, this place just...explodes :facepalm: Lesson learned, I'm not going to sleep before PC.

Spoiler
10 hours ago, Lanvin said:

Tbh I always thought the TE was a waste of energy and I'm still upset the ISU won't move that stupid event until after the individual events. It's kind of dumb imo.

I don't really understand the need for it. We have WTT anyway.

And to think all that drama about him repeating his programs....they might serve him well this time.

(how many days are between the TE and the men's event???)

And WTT, CONTRARY to Team Event IS after all the most important individual events are done. Just goes on to show which organisation actually cares about the skater's skate and which is all about more $$...

10 hours ago, KatjaThera said:

Honestly, for this part, I'll believe it when JSF or someone from Yuzu's team says it. (I haven't read the actual article, but depending on the wording, it could also mean the recovery ended later than expected, as in he's recovered, but as it was later, he had less time to practice than initially expected...)

I've actually read the translation that uses words like 'recovered' (finished action) and 'smooth return' so I'm not too worried. Maybe a bit about a level of Extra Yururu is going to implement into his entrance now.

9 hours ago, KatjaThera said:

Well, maybe he wasn't then, but was then super kuyashii and perfected himself just because? lol He did say his younger self had a lot in common with Yuzu. But yes, I'm pretty sure that is the case and it's one of the things he's learned from his own experience.

I remember stumbling across one recording of Brian during his pre-coaching days, doing an exhibition? I think in Mariposa, dedicated to compulsories, as in he started it by actually doing a figure he messed up in one of the Olys(?) and then going on to the rest of the program, so...

9 hours ago, Xen said:

-He could get a feel for competition by watching the TE SP for men's. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think every team would be sending their first seed/medal hopeful for the SP, in which case. ii data.  *cue Inui smirk*:devilYuzu:

I love ANY mention of PoT and Yuzuru in one post, especially since they both have Extra in common. Also, I can't help but think that the situation with Kikumaru in quarter-finals Yolo-ing Singles match after breaking up (his teamup) with Oishi (my favorite break up and make up arc, tbh), is a bit of a way I see Yuzu doing HIS singles. He's also a space kitten, so...:xD:

1 hour ago, MrPudding said:

I'm lol-ing at the memes on twitter :smiley-laughing021:

Reveal hidden contents

Fashionably late. Yuzuru has everything planned out. This lord of Extra.

3 hours ago, LadyLou said:

I'm sure it wasn't an easy decision at all, with Yuzuru taking so much pride in skating as a representative of his country

I think Yuzu was also thinking of doing the best for his country with this decision.  It's not like anybody is expecting Japan to do well in the team competition, with or without Yuzu.  My opinion right now is that Yuzu thinks, and rightly so, that his best contribution to Japan would be to win the singles gold.  Remember, Yuzu was the only Japanese in any of the sports to win gold at Sochi.  His best contribution to the Japanese cause would be to win gold in PC in the men's singles, because the men's singles gold is a much more prestigious medal than the team gold.  Yuzu is right now probably Japan's most credible candidate for a gold medal since (although I might be wrong here) he is the only Japanese winter athlete to be ranked number one in  in the world in his sport going into PC.  So while it means all of us at the Planet must wait a while longer before seeing our hero in action, it does mean that he has the additional time for preparation for his event and also time to gauge how his major rivals do, if they are part of their country's team contingent.  What I am most concerned with is that his access to the ice for practice will be much more restricted there, unless TCC has managed to corral a rink someplace else to work in private.  Perhaps that's part of the reason that Yuzu is not going with Team Japan on the fourth.  With Yuzu's first skate in the individual SP, it gives him more than a week to remain in Toronto with a rink of his own (and Javi's too, if he stays behind).

1 hour ago, Pamyu said:

Good news! 😊🌟 (sorry if posted already!)

Sounds like the most likely scenario...that he doesn't want to risk another injury. The period of time right after recovering from a serious injury is the most likely time to sustain another one. Anyway, I'm glad he's focusing what's REALLY important instead of thinking it's his duty to skate for Team Japan even if it'll potentially harm his chances in the individuals...because actually that's the last thing all of Japan and his fans want from him!

I need help.

I rewatched Sochi Team and SP full version and I'm having uncontrollable stomach cramps and making inhuman noises even though I knew exactly what will happen.

Now, how will I survive Pyeonchang... 

Should I just not follow it live and wait till the next day... I'm having bad thoughts that I'll be jinxing him if I watch him live again :sadPooh:

24 minutes ago, MrPudding said:

I need help.

I rewatched Sochi Team and SP full version and I'm having uncontrollable stomach cramps and making inhuman noises even though I knew exactly what will happen.

Now, how will I survive Pyeonchang... 

Should I just not follow it live and wait till the next day... I'm having bad thoughts that I'll be jinxing him if I watch him live again :sadPooh:

That's what Yuzu will do to any jinxes that come his way, don't worry, really^^

Also, maybe it's the time to rewatch all Yuzuru's performances? I know I get weirdly calm when I rewatch whole season in one go, for some reason...I'm still avoidning the 15-16 just in case I start stressing out watching Skate Canada or something.

oh well, in the end, you know:

Spoiler

https://www.bilibili.com/video/av13802338/?from=search&seid=14903063765123995263 Everybody wants to rule the world and Yuzu knows it best :biggrin:

43 минуты назад, yuzuangel сказал:

Eh, I don't think we can trust his team or him to be very direct or honest about his condition either :/ :P

I agree. Nobody will spill the whole truth before the actual competition. We will be lucky if Yuzu will talk about this whole period in a few months (hopefully not years).

I'm feeling pretty calm today. Surely, the injury this season was very unfortunate, but Yuzu and his team are doing what's best for him and Yuzu will go to the PC ice and try his best. My only wish is to see him smile proudly in the end of his performances (and tons of poohs on the ice as a way to shower him with love he deserves)))

22 minutes ago, MrPudding said:

Just like fire really  suits him!!! That is so comforting :8788161:

"no one can be just like me anyways"

I'm pretty sure I'll watch him live, I'm just being dramatic :snapoutofit:

ok now I'm off to listen to uplifting songs :68811363:

Be sure to watch Hall of Fame too! That's my another favorite!  :consoling2:

https://www.bilibili.com/video/av3899304/?from=search&seid=12280707122737052260

6 minutes ago, MrPudding said:

Another one, Rise!

https://www.bilibili.com/video/av18998095/?from=search&seid=16062044687261937125

Oh and @Aotoshiro thanks to you I accidentally got myself into the extra side of bilibili :smiley-laughing021:

https://www.bilibili.com/video/av12241854/

and umm.. :animated-smileys-bath-wc-033:

I should really get back to my homework now... :book-smiley:

Maybe I should prepare new list of uplifting Yuzuru montage videos.

...Oh, god, so much trashbag clothes :rofl:

I've been busy for a few days, then there has been a :volcano:.

There's been many good arguments put forward, so all I want to say is that hearing that Yuzu's first competition in 4 months is the singles makes me think of this: 

maxresdefault.jpg

21 hours ago, MrPudding said:

:offtopic:

:tumblr_inline_n18qr5AMus1qid2nw:

Is this asking how high Yuzu needs to go to do a 100-tuple axel? This is a great way to motivate people to do some math and physics! :smiley-laughing021:

21 hours ago, MrPudding said:

Pyeonchang committee should prepare an ambulance outside for the fans :crazyshit2:

What? Only one? You need an army of ambulance on standby! :xD:

And @SparkleSalad, your signature is so squishy!!!! :tumblr_inline_ncmif5EcBB1rpglid::tumblr_inline_ncmif5EcBB1rpglid::tumblr_inline_ncmif5EcBB1rpglid::tumblr_inline_ncmif5EcBB1rpglid::tumblr_inline_ncmif5EcBB1rpglid::tumblr_inline_ncmif5EcBB1rpglid::tumblr_inline_ncmif5EcBB1rpglid::tumblr_inline_ncmif5EcBB1rpglid::tumblr_inline_ncmif5EcBB1rpglid::tumblr_inline_ncmif5EcBB1rpglid::tumblr_inline_ncmif5EcBB1rpglid::tumblr_inline_ncmif5EcBB1rpglid::tumblr_inline_ncmif5EcBB1rpglid:

Hi from Hong Kong!  It's been a crazy long day and change of travel, but I'm in Asia finally :biggrin:. I had a layover in Seoul and they were airing an I, Tonya feature, lol.  Getting right into the skating spirit I see.  The night before I left for my trip I went to the Disney Store and they were having a crazy BOGO deal, so I ended up buying 3 Poohs and a Simba (for me cuz Simba's awesome).  When it came to packing, I only ended up bringing two though (along with my own personal security blanket Pooh for when he skates) and I guess my hunch was right. I was just prepared to possibly send security blanket Pooh flying as a 3rd one if he did do the TE.

large.5a7612de284d0_poohsandSimba.jpg.83

https://ibb.co/c07Ob6

My first reaction upon hearing Yuzu not participating in the TE was..."welp, we'd better strap TF in".  Of course I wanted to see him, but I understand.  At this point we've waited this long to see him so  we can wait a little more and I can watch the team events a little more stress free since anytime he skates I'm nervous. At least all the Yuzu mania will be condensed, lol.   It feels a bit different with all of this now that I'm on the go. No time for freak outs, just time to get this show on the road.  Either that or those chill pills I got are working, lol.  

Also I started an album here and I plan to keep uploading to it for you guys: