General Yuzuru Chat

一小时前, WinForPooh说:

Well, I think it'll be fine. What would be the point of all of this secrecy if he just gave it all away at the team event and lost the advantage, too? Now his competitors will have absolutely no clue about his actual competition layout when he does turn up.

This, I totally agree.

I, too, kind of expected him skipping the Team Event after JSF repeatedly claiming they won't release information on who's doing TE until two days before competition.

Yuzu doesn't need momentum, or getting used to the arena. If he really is not 100% healed (which I sincerely hope is not the case), then the thing he needs is to train closely under his coaches and doctors' eyes as long as possible. One more week can mean a huge difference.

And speaking about pressure, am I the only one who thinks he might face more pressure in TE than in the individual event?

We can argue that the Team Event is a good chance to try out after a long rest since Japan has no chance to medal anyway, but this is Yuzuru we are talking about. He has too much pride for his country, and he will want to do his best if he does compete. Just look at WTT last year... And such thinking can lead to too much mental stress, whether or not he does well.

The individual event is another story. He wants that OGM, but that's more about proving himself, which means fighting with his back to the wall can be a good thing. In the worst scenario, he could choose to rotate and fall instead of poping anything... :tumblr_inline_n18qr5AMus1qid2nw:

I'll be on a family trip abroad during TE and thank god now I won't be having a heart attack in the hotel... Just wait for the individual and die in peace.:13877886:

P.S. Super late but the banner is soooooooo beautiful! Thank you, admins and mods!

I think we're getting Olympic training, too. Look at how quickly the fire was put out on the Planet this time. Compare to NHK when fire raged and raged and raged for hours and hours, and we had to make multiple bucket chains to put out each other's heads on fire, taking turns being the panicked ones and the comforting cacti. We're getting our firefighting skills honed good.

No matter what, in Yuzu I trust. I trust that he has thought out all the pros and cons more than any of us, and will choose the path he deems best for himself. And I have never stopped believing that he will win that gold, even after all that has happened since the injury.

I also agree that it is good in a way that his competitors will not know his condition / layout until at least after TE. They won't have as much time to adjust and won't know what to expect from him.

Go, Yuzu! :hachimaki:

I wouldn't be surprised to see ACI Chopin layout, and the whole damn deal for Seimei. Including the 4Lz. ACI Chopin because he can do that without mistakes and strain himself less. 4Lz Seimei because he doesn't have to conserve anything and he can go all out for the free.

I don't want the 4Lz. :Poohgaveup: But I think we'll get it. :dpooh:

5 minutes ago, WinForPooh said:

I wouldn't be surprised to see ACI Chopin layout, and the whole damn deal for Seimei. Including the 4Lz. ACI Chopin because he can do that without mistakes and strain himself less. 4Lz Seimei because he doesn't have to conserve anything and he can go all out for the free.

I don't want the 4Lz. :Poohgaveup: But I think we'll get it. :dpooh:

I don't care what layout he will bring now, the only thing I hope is he is healthy enough to bring us two cleanish programs.:sadPooh: I still remembered how worried I was a year ago, worried about layout, judges, someone, media, lz... now I don't care, be healthy Zu :sadPooh: 

4 minutes ago, SparkleSalad said:

Man, I am jonesing for that NHK documentary. :tumblr_inline_n18qr5AMus1qid2nw: I wonder how much we'll know after that. 

I half wonder if they might postpone the documentary, if indeed there is post-injury footage. Not ninja enough :P (but since it's NHK, not sure that's likely)

17 minutes ago, Kizuna said:

No matter what, in Yuzu I trust. I trust that he has thought out all the pros and cons more than any of us, and will choose the path he deems best for himself. And I have never stopped believing that he will win that gold, even after all that has happened since the injury.

I also agree that it is good in a way that his competitors will not know his condition / layout until at least after TE. They won't have as much time to adjust and won't know what to expect from him.

Go, Yuzu! :hachimaki:

Your sig, it's both killing me and giving me life.

2 minutes ago, KatjaThera said:

I half wonder if they might postpone the documentary, if indeed there is post-injury footage. Not ninja enough :P (but since it's NHK, not sure that's likely)

is it true that documentary before the competition will help them to do well? Like what happened before WC last season.